PDA

View Full Version : Glue

kitty
21-Feb-10, 14:45
Does anyone have an idea of how to get glue and paint off of trousers?

My son had another creative week at school :D

changilass
21-Feb-10, 14:49
No idea how to get rid, sorry.

Wee tip:- but cheap trousers out of tesco, £2.50 a pair, that way you can just bin the dead ones till he learns to be more careful lol.

Dadie
21-Feb-10, 15:04
Scrape as much of the glue and paint off as you can!
Soak overnight in vanish/biotek ect...
Put on a 60 degree wash.
The stuff used at schools should be wash off able but some of the brighter colours of paint can stain.
If using ready made paints at home I add a squirt of fairy to the paint and mix it in as it helps it come off in the wash!

kitty
21-Feb-10, 18:37
Thanks Changilass. I do buy the cheap ones out of tesco's. I need to the rate he grows out of them but i didn't realise until they came out the dryer today that it wasn't coming out and couldn't be bothered going all the way to Wick. Far to much effort for a sunday. lol

Thanks Dadie. Managed to scrape the worst of the glue off and got some vanish from a neighbour for the paint. They are in the wash again now so here's hoping :D

Lavenderblue2
21-Feb-10, 20:03
If you have some try eucalyptus before washing or 'Sticky Stuff Remover' available in Serendipity Thurso.

Good luck!

golach
21-Feb-10, 20:06
Does anyone have an idea of how to get glue and paint off of trousers?

My son had another creative week at school :D

Try here Kitty

http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/

onecalledk
21-Feb-10, 20:16
for glue put the item covered in it in the freezer, then chip it off when it comes out ......

paint is probably biotex....

K

shamrock2007
21-Feb-10, 21:03
Yeah Ice is the answer cause then you can chip it off. Good for chewing gum aswell!

changilass
21-Feb-10, 21:12
Ohhhh crikey, just remebered that I put a material type of shoe in the freezer in a carrier cos I couldnae get the gum off - its only been there 2 weeks now :eek:

Just tried removing the gum and the material came of the bliddy shoe so its now in the bin grrr

Dadie
21-Feb-10, 21:14
It should only be pva glue or pritt stick!
Soaking is usually enough to remove it!

kitty
21-Feb-10, 21:25
The freezer was the first thing i tried but the glue was sort of smeared over the trousers so it was a very thin layer and just seemed not to want to move (the purpose of glue i suppose. lol) Anyway i haven't managed to get it all off but they are definately better and wearable now until i get through to wick again. Thank you all for your help.

I will have a look at that website Golach thanks. Most of the paint has now come off as well. Typical tho that he had to get them on separate trousers. Couldn't just be ruining one pair of trousers. hahahah. Boys for you ;)

Dadie
21-Feb-10, 21:40
Now the marks Im having trouble with is biro, lipstick and permanent marker on painted walls, kitchen cupboards and radiators:eek:

kitty
21-Feb-10, 22:23
Now the marks Im having trouble with is biro, lipstick and permanent marker on painted walls, kitchen cupboards and radiators:eek:

Now we didn't have bother with lipstick and biro but my little darling did draw with permanent marker one day all up the banister, over the telly, on the floor and the poor dog. lol. He's such a soft lump he just sat there and let Ryan draw all over his face :lol:

ywindythesecond
22-Feb-10, 02:08
Why don't you just send him back to school in the trousers with paint /glue on? It's just going to happen again.

kitty
22-Feb-10, 07:51
Why don't you just send him back to school in the trousers with paint /glue on? It's just going to happen again.

I had considered that idea but can't quite bring myself to let my child out of the house in trousers that don't look like they've been cleaned. I like him to go to school looking smart. Even if he comes back foosum. lol It's to be expected :)

Vistravi
22-Feb-10, 12:40
I know my post is not going to make you feel that you'll get it out but i have the same problem with my work trousers. I do find that if its pva glue it comes of after a wash sometimes two. With paint it really depends on what kind. Powder paint has left a few stains on my trousers. I tend to come home pretty filthy anyway so it never really bothers me. I think the worst time was when i got covered in poridge oats that had been mixed in water. My black trousers were white and that was just from cleaning the kids up lol. It did come out of the wash though.

Kids are kids and i would just tell him to use those trousers when he's going to do some creative play at school. Save him ruining another pair. ;)

Dadie
22-Feb-10, 12:44
He will only take the knees out a new pair playing at break or lunchtime in the playground!