PDA

View Full Version : Wick Pool to Cool !

Miss Mack
21-Feb-10, 02:13
I was told by my 7 year old the other morning that he didn't want to go swimming with his class mates because the changing rooms are so cold! I was surprized to here this as he loves swimming. Are other parents and kids finding this? I do find that if we go to a pool anywhere else its a lot warmer than Wick

LMS
21-Feb-10, 15:25
I always find the water in Wick a fine temperature but the changing rooms are freezing. However, Thurso has warm changing rooms but colder water.

Kevin Milkins
21-Feb-10, 18:13
I find the changing facilities at the North baths a bit cold at this time of year and the water is freezing.:eek:

northener
21-Feb-10, 18:39
Blimey. God forbid they should swim outside....

sjr014
21-Feb-10, 20:03
I was swimming in Wick on Sat with my 2 year old and thought the changing rooms were fine. The water is sometimes cold to start with but once you get swimming i usually find its fine.

Blarney
21-Feb-10, 21:19
I never find the pool itself cold but my teeth are always chattering when I get out of the water. The changing rooms are BALTIC [disgust] (BTW....that's me blue with cold!!!)

speedo215
21-Feb-10, 21:40
have not been swimming for a while but i know that the changing rooms are cold, could you maybe ask at the pool or get the school to ask why the changing rooms are so cold

M R
21-Feb-10, 23:21
Maybe it's so people leave the changing rooms quicker ?

Or is it a council cutback in this terrible recession ?

Who cares anyway, it's in wick [lol]

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Please don't be offended by my little joke, or i'll have to bad rep ya [lol]

NLP
22-Feb-10, 00:01
My 4yr old finds the changing room cold, I find the water cold usually end up with sore joints due to it.

Vistravi
22-Feb-10, 11:54
It's not the cold changing rooms, it's simple heat dissipation . Water absorbs bodyheat 25 times faster than air. The pool area temperature is higher than most people's homes but because of the water on skin causing increased heat loss, you don't notice. Ask any spectator and they'll tell you it ain't cold.

grandma
22-Feb-10, 16:09
We go swimming most weekday mornings and pool might feel cold at the initial dip but fine after that. I find the changing rooms too warm if anything, but then again, I find the office too warm too and everyone else is moaning it's cold. :confused

Dadie
22-Feb-10, 20:48
When I ever took the girls to the pool I had poncho type towels for them.
I could get their bottom half clothed before removing the towel and bunging on their top half.
It was me that would be cold in a towel while they would be dressed and cosy:eek:

ducati
22-Feb-10, 20:53
Blimey. God forbid they should swim outside....

Went for a swim last year at Dunnet Bay. Dogs thought I was crackers. Nearly died, good laugh though. Anyone want to go on Saturday? [lol]

Mouse
23-Feb-10, 10:02
Wick pool is lovely, BUT, the changing rooms are freezing.

My kids prefer Wick pool, to Thurso, but we normally go to Thurso because the changing rooms are warmer.(no complaints from the kids about being soooooooo cold then)

No changing room is very warm when you come out of the water, but you get a very icy blast when you walk back in to Wick, Thurso feels cool but not cold.:eek: