PDA

View Full Version : Favourite sight?

Invisible
20-Feb-10, 01:04
Most of us take our senses for granted but if you were blind what would you really miss seeing.

I think for me it would be the countryside around the farm, the view I have seen for the majority of mornings for 22 years.

changilass
20-Feb-10, 01:05
My boys :(

alanatkie
20-Feb-10, 01:46
My family's smiles

joxville
20-Feb-10, 01:48
I'd like to say women but for once I'll be serious.

I'd miss see-ing my son's smile. The sun rising. Grass. Clouds. Young people in the first throes of love. A mist covered glen in the autumn. Kittens. Pretty much everything around us we take for granted.

Now can I say women? :)

Invisible
20-Feb-10, 01:50
I'd like to say women but for once I'll be serious.

I'd miss see-ing my son's smile. The sun rising. Grass. Clouds. Young people in the first throes of love. A mist covered glen in the autumn. Kittens. Pretty much everything around us we take for granted.

Now can I say women? :)

No mention of Ms Melua! Are u ok?

joxville
20-Feb-10, 01:53
No mention of Ms Melua! Are u ok?

Not on this occassion. The beauty of a woman is small compared to the beauty of nature.

crayola
20-Feb-10, 02:46
The beauty of a woman is the beauty of nature. They are one and the same. In this I agree with the pantheists.

annemarie482
20-Feb-10, 02:49
my kiddies faces after santas been!:(

Aaldtimer
20-Feb-10, 04:44
Our 42" HD plasma telly!:)
It takes me places I can no longer go.:(

Leanne
20-Feb-10, 10:06
The most surreal site that I have ever seen - dunnet beach in the snow with all the dunes white :)

Thumper
20-Feb-10, 10:48
Mine is watching a seal swim away after being rehabbed successfully,there is truely nothing more wonderful to watch!x

Angela
20-Feb-10, 10:58
My granddaughter's cheeky smile. ;)

My son, his fiancee and I were having a 'discussion' (ie. argument!:lol:) about which sense we'd miss the most. My son and I had no hesitation in saying it would be our sight, but his girlfriend said she'd miss her hearing the most.

She's a music student and said she couldn't bear to never hear her favourite pieces of music again, not to mention all the music that hadn't yet been written, but would be in her lifetime.

They're all precious of course, but which sense would you most hate to lose? I'd imagine that most folk would say their sight. :confused

Vistravi
20-Feb-10, 11:43
My granddaughter's cheeky smile. ;)

My son, his fiancee and I were having a 'discussion' (ie. argument!:lol:) about which sense we'd miss the most. My son and I had no hesitation in saying it would be our sight, but his girlfriend said she'd miss her hearing the most.

She's a music student and said she couldn't bear to never hear her favourite pieces of music again, not to mention all the music that hadn't yet been written, but would be in her lifetime.

They're all precious of course, but which sense would you most hate to lose? I'd imagine that most folk would say their sight. :confused

I too think it would be a my hearing. I'd sorely miss my sight but if you lost your sight you can still hear and would hear your children's smiles, laughs and the things that they come out with. If you lost your hearing you'd only see their smiles and you'd never hear the sound of their laughter or their wee voices. I have never liked silence so for me my hearing is a semse that i highly value.

badger
20-Feb-10, 12:12
My grandchildren - no question.

As to sight or hearing - difficult. Little faces or childish chatter. Could always learn to lip read and sign, don't think there's any equivalent without sight.

Anji
20-Feb-10, 12:30
I'd hate not being able to see words.

I don't fancy the idea of not being able to curl up with a good book, Google, read emails from friends,etc.

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-10, 12:52
I would hate not being able to see anything. Sight is a beautiful thing, most take for granted actually. There are people who have never seen anything.

I would definetely miss seeing my sons face, my OH and his kids. My family and friends....so much.

Metalattakk
20-Feb-10, 13:07
Most of us take our senses for granted but if you were blind what would you really miss seeing.

The toilet bowl.

Invisible
20-Feb-10, 19:53
The toilet bowl.

aahh fair point

bluechesse
21-Feb-10, 01:58
The toilet bowl.
Ah, but if you couldn'a see it you wouldn'a know you'd missed it :cool:

Unless you were tryin till sit down........

*Martin*
21-Feb-10, 02:19

Unless you were tryin till sit down........

Wet feet would give it away though [lol]

I'd miss everything!

Most of all it'd have to be the faces of my kids (even when they're gurnin')

Least of all it'd have to be the wifes face when i fart :lol: (The fool doesn't think farts are quality humour)

Metalattakk
21-Feb-10, 02:21

Aye, but the wife certainly would. An' she widna be shy in letting me know... ;)

Invisible
21-Feb-10, 02:22
Ah, but if you couldn'a see it you wouldn'a know you'd missed it

the smell may be a clue

Errogie
21-Feb-10, 12:20
I've heard it said that the last thing to go as you die is your hearing, but who can say for sure?

Dadie
21-Feb-10, 14:50
I would miss seeing my kids, especially when I creep in to check up on them when they are sleeping.
The girls look like little angels when they are sleeping even after the most trying of days:lol:
Euan looks the most relaxed and chilled out.

airdlass
21-Feb-10, 15:30
my kids and the view in my avatar:)

BRIE
21-Feb-10, 17:15
It would break my heart to lose my sight!:(
I lose count how many times my 3 year old says 'mummy come look at this!' in a day.
Id miss seeing my childrens changing as they grow,& their expressions. Id also miss the views of the countryside & the sea.
And the org!!

wicker8
21-Feb-10, 17:41
my husband naked

BRIE
21-Feb-10, 17:47
my husband naked

Thats one sight i could live without!!:lol:
I meant my hubby not yours wicker8!![lol]

northener
21-Feb-10, 18:45
The beauty of a woman is the beauty of nature. They are one and the same. In this I agree with the pantheists.

.............You rang?

Joefitz
22-Feb-10, 17:01
when I tuck her in in the morning when I leave for work. Its a sorta "gosh-that's-nice-I-get-another-hour-in-bed-i-love-you-have-a-great-day!!!"........LOL

bobbyrussell09
23-Feb-10, 14:51
id miss no being able to see dr who lol,

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Feb-10, 15:01
id miss no being able to see dr who lol,

Aye ye put a lol in there bobby.We know different.Yer reception in a couple of months time.Doctor Who falls on the same night.Oh the conundrums that wiley auld life places upon us.[lol][lol]

If I was blind I'd miss ma art.

bobbyrussell09
23-Feb-10, 15:04
Aye ye put a lol in there bobby.We know different.Yer reception in a couple of months time.Doctor Who falls on the same night.Oh the conundrums that wiley auld life places upon us.[lol][lol]
well you ken where il be if u cant find me for 45 mins then ;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Feb-10, 15:10
well you ken where il be if u cant find me for 45 mins then ;)

Oh we'll know.Ye'll not be alone though.Ye'll have a few around ye.Not me though I'll probably somewhere around the dancefloor.;)

bobbyrussell09
23-Feb-10, 15:12
Oh we'll know.Ye'll not be alone though.Ye'll have a few around ye.Not me though I'll probably somewhere around the dancefloor.;)
well going back to the post technically then thats the sight il miss lol:lol: