PDA

View Full Version : Tesco fuel station

carrepairman
19-Feb-10, 18:14
In a stroke of pure genius the management have decided to make the first pump island pay at the pump only, so they are now devoid of vehicles apart from those who pull up, get out, get back in and reverse out to use the pumps further accross. This causes chaos as you may well imagine. So unless you want to pay at the pump, then use the other ones. And of course you can`t use your voucher in the pay at pump pumps.

cemmts
19-Feb-10, 18:47
Then you goto the other ones to find half of them out of fuel !! Well unleaded anyway...

Gronnuck
19-Feb-10, 18:59
:eek: I'm so please Tesco are maintaining their customer care ethos. The fuel station is obviously so very busy that they have to manage the customer thru-flo so as not to overstretch the staff. Before we know it the staff will be gone and we'll be pressing a myriad of buttons. [disgust]

I refuse to use self-service tills and automatic pumps because I believe any interaction with anyone else is what makes us human.

bluechesse
19-Feb-10, 19:57
They have been self service for over a month now. And there is a big sign next to each of the affected pumps saying "Pay At Pump Only" or similar. If you dont want to pay at the pump, dont stop next to one of these pumps! Simples! ;)

joxville
19-Feb-10, 20:00
I refuse to use self-service tills and automatic pumps because I believe any interaction with anyone else is what makes us human.

Very true, and confusing for aliens too.

I once saw an alien craft land next to a pump, an alien got out and said 'take me to your leader, and take your finger out your ear when I talk to you.' :eek:

:D

northener
19-Feb-10, 20:37
They have been self service for over a month now. And there is a big sign next to each of the affected pumps saying "Pay At Pump Only" or similar. If you dont want to pay at the pump, dont stop next to one of these pumps! Simples! ;)

Which is all very well in theory...until it gets busy. I went up the day before yesterday and the cars were queueing to use the cash pumps whilst the 4 card ones were empty.......:roll:

Just wait until the Summer when a couple of European camper vans and a shedload of car tourists get confused and start reversing into eveybodies cars in an attempt to change lanes.

Well done Tesco, an excellent example of Not Thinking It Through.[disgust]

Douglas Cowie
19-Feb-10, 20:43
Very true, and confusing for aliens too.

I once saw an alien craft land next to a pump, an alien got out and said 'take me to your leader, and take your finger out your ear when I talk to you.' :eek:

:D

Joxville can I have a pint of what you are drinking?

bluechesse
19-Feb-10, 21:08
Which is all very well in theory...until it gets busy. I went up the day before yesterday and the cars were queueing to use the cash pumps whilst the 4 card ones were empty.......:roll:

Just wait until the Summer when a couple of European camper vans and a shedload of car tourists get confused and start reversing into eveybodies cars in an attempt to change lanes.

Well done Tesco, an excellent example of Not Thinking It Through.[disgust]
Aye, fair enough, if there is a big que for the cash ones and no one at the self service jobbies, then maybe they need to re-think how many they make self service. And I'll admit, if the self service ones are ALL at the back, this may have been slightly short sighted..... I imagine it's based on a business model that works in the majority of stores, just not so well in Caithness.

Personally I do use these pumps, just find it saves time. Done need to que at the cash desk behind all the people who have been queing for the cash pumps :cool: (2 ques now). But what ever works for you.

northener
19-Feb-10, 21:12
Aye, fair enough, if there is a big que for the cash ones and no one at the self service jobbies, then maybe they need to re-think how many they make self service. And I'll admit, if the self service ones are ALL at the back, this may have been slightly short sighted..... I imagine it's based on a business model that works in the majority of stores, just not so well in Caithness.

Personally I do use these pumps, just find it saves time. Done need to que at the cash desk behind all the people who have been queing for the cash pumps :cool: (2 ques now). But what ever works for you.

I'll use the card ones myself, but I really think they've shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Going off at a tangent, why do people queue for ages to get on the 'right' side of the pump for their fuel flap when the other side is empty?

Why don't they reverse in to the empty side?:confused

Mik.M.
19-Feb-10, 21:14
I'll use the card ones myself, but I really think they've shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Going off at a tangent, why do people queue for ages to get on the 'right' side of the pump for their fuel flap when the other side is empty?

Caithness drivers.;)

Dadie
19-Feb-10, 21:19
If the "powers to be" thought about it ...
It would have been better to have the pay at pump at the far end so the assistants could actually see the customers filling the cars for paying at the kiosk!
Incase anyone decides to leave before paying:lol:

bluechesse
19-Feb-10, 21:58

I thought we had established that everyone reversing from the self service pumps was causing chaos already? For goodness sake dont encourage them to reverse IN to the pumps aswell:lol: Wicks auto body shops will be thanking you Northerner, for a huge increase in trade [lol]

northener
19-Feb-10, 22:18
I thought we had established that everyone reversing from the self service pumps was causing chaos already? For goodness sake dont encourage them to reverse IN to the pumps aswell

Damn, you saw through my cunning plan to create havoc at Tescos:(

Wicks auto body shops will be thanking you Northerner, for a huge increase in trade [lol]

I'm on comission with Bushey;)

bluechesse
19-Feb-10, 22:24
Im getting my diesel from Richards from now on! Cheaper in the long run........

ducati
20-Feb-10, 00:06
Damn, you saw through my cunning plan to create havoc at Tescos:(

I'm on comission with Bushey;)

Why don't we for an experiment (in Caithness) have all the diesels drive on the left and the petrol vehicles drive on the right then...oh I've just seen the flaw in that. All the lorries and buses will be on the same side it'll be gridlock!

onecalledk
20-Feb-10, 14:44
why dont Tesco have a system like ASDA have where you put the fuel into your car then drive through the area where the pumps are to the wee kiosk further along to pay for your fuel ? that way no one has to sit behind a car waiting for the person to come back out of the kiosk?

they have a separate lane at the far side for those wanting to pay by card which means these cars dont need to drive past the kiosk.

This is far far quicker than the tesco set up. Nothing worse than sitting waiting for someone to come out the wee shop laden down with magazines etc when there are queues of cars behind you ......

Card payments are much easier, use them whenever I can. Have to say that the Wick Tesco seem to be on a different planet - I pulled up at pump and tried to fill car, nothing coming out of pump, so went into kiosk ,spoke to woman who told me "yep its out of fuel". Hmmm I gathered that, "why dont you put a sign up".... lady in kiosk "there is a traffic cone between the pumps, you should have noticed "......

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yes silly me for not noticing the traffic cones that sit between the pumps most of the time!

Is this a caithness thing ie is it only Tesco in Wick that have this logic ?

K

Mik.M.
20-Feb-10, 19:39
Is this a caithness thing ie is it only Tesco in Wick that have this logic ?
A bit of both i think K. Mik.