PDA

View Full Version : Septic Tank Emptying

robinll
11-May-06, 22:52
Several weeks ago there was an advert in the Groat for a private contractor that would empty septic tanks. Does anybody know any of the details? I cannot find it now and I will be needing it pretty soon!! There is a seriously long waiting list for the council service and the sewage is at bursting point.

Lavenderblue2
12-May-06, 07:34
We have a contract with the Council who come along regularly and empty the tank – you don’t have to remember or join a queue, the cheery chappy just gives a ring when he’s coming.

LB

nightowl
12-May-06, 07:46
How often is regularly, and how much do they charge? Now we are on our own, once every three years or so would be fine.

Lavenderblue2
12-May-06, 11:50
We pay apprx. £90 per empty and it gets done twice a year.

We are on our own too but if it's not done regualrly then you're in breach of the SEPA regs - we have been caught out by them before.

What annoys us is that we are in the country - we have to take our rubbish three quarters of a mile to our wheelie bin and yet we have to pay top rate in Council tax!

When we wrote to the HRC asking for a rebate they ignored our letter.

LB

joe
12-May-06, 21:24
try WICKBLAST they are very good.01955603454 mob.no07769954475,also has advert in Groat every week.

badger
13-May-06, 18:57
We pay apprx. £90 per empty and it gets done twice a year.

We are on our own too but if it's not done regualrly then you're in breach of the SEPA regs - we have been caught out by them before.

Twice a year sounds like far too much if the tank is used properly. Once every two or three years should be enough depending on size of household. I have a contract with Scottish Water which isn't cheap but they do it regularly, don't have to be reminded and are very helpful. Having a contract is cheaper than one-off callouts.

DaScout
13-May-06, 19:30
I emptied my septic tank 5 minutes ago in the bathroom

Funky_Foal
13-May-06, 19:34
I emptied my septic tank 5 minutes ago in the bathroom

ewe your disgusting