PDA

View Full Version : It's OK folks, it wasn't a terrorist he was white.

fred
19-Feb-10, 07:43
The White House, however, said the crash did not appear to be an act of terrorism.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/world/Texas-suicide-plane-attack-on.6086963.jp

Boozeburglar
19-Feb-10, 07:48
What is your point?

_Ju_
19-Feb-10, 07:53
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/world/Texas-suicide-plane-attack-on.6086963.jp

errr.... in no where in that article does it mention the pilots ethnicity or race.......

Kevin Milkins
19-Feb-10, 07:56
What is your point?

I was thinking the same, are you looking for the definition of terrorism? or are you suggesting something a bit deeper?:confused

He certainly sounds like he was pretty ticked off with the tax department.:eek:

fred
19-Feb-10, 08:13
errr.... in no where in that article does it mention the pilots ethnicity or race.......

Precisely, the headline didn't read "MUSLIM suicide plane...", that's how we know.

Boozeburglar
19-Feb-10, 08:15
I still don't see any point in your reference to appearance.

Alice in Blunderland
19-Feb-10, 08:19
I still don't see any point in your reference to appearance.

I see where Fred is coming from.

Boozeburglar
19-Feb-10, 08:26
Perhaps you can share your insight?

Boozeburglar
19-Feb-10, 08:44
Fred, your thread is pure drivel.

Your distaste for the USA is a matter of record, and you are allowing yourself to utter nonsense because you happen to think it makes sense.

Boozeburglar
19-Feb-10, 09:00
Barrack Hussein: Obama 44th President of the USA

Colin Powell: Secretary of State

(Formerly Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.)

Condoleezza Rice: Secretary of State

(Formerly National Security Advisor)

Timothy McVeigh: Terrorist Bomber

You really think your pathetic attempt to bring issues of race into play can be justified?

Boozeburglar
19-Feb-10, 09:07
"It's OK folks, it wasn't a terrorist he was white"

Precisely, the headline didn't read "MUSLIM suicide plane...", that's how we know.

If that is your point, then why that thread title?

You are barking up the wrong tree, and you seem to be so thick you cannot see it.

bekisman
19-Feb-10, 11:16
Come on Fred - that's below the belt, why bring racism into it?

Fair enough you wrote this: 28-Oct-07, 08:28: "Nazi Germany was a military industrial complex, like America is." obviously you do not like America, but leave race out of it..

Bottom line: calm down, this forum is not racist..

fred
19-Feb-10, 15:40
Timothy McVeigh: Terrorist Bomber

Timothy McVeigh was not classed as a terrorist by the US Government.

“Tim McVey [sic] is not a terrorist, just very angry with the U.S. government,”

James Powers, Homeland Security Director

Now I'm not saying everyone who is Middle Eastern and Muslim is a terrorist but it seems to me like everyone who is a terrorist is Middle Eastern and Muslim.

ducati
19-Feb-10, 15:54
Timothy McVeigh was not classed as a terrorist by the US Government.

Now I'm not saying everyone who is Middle Eastern and Muslim is a terrorist but it seems to me like everyone who is a terrorist is Middle Eastern and Muslim.

Apart from the Irish the Tamils the Germans the Sikhs the Spanish the British the Bosnians the Georgians etc. etc. etc. (in no particular order).

fred
19-Feb-10, 16:37
Apart from the Irish the Tamils the Germans the Sikhs the Spanish the British the Bosnians the Georgians etc. etc. etc. (in no particular order).

But not white right wing Christians from Texas apparently.

3of8
19-Feb-10, 17:17
But not white right wing Christians from Texas apparently.

Like the Ku Klux Klan you mean?

fred
19-Feb-10, 19:43
Like the Ku Klux Klan you mean?

Well yes, they don't appear to be on the list of designated terrorist organisations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_organizations

On the radio the other day I was hearing the opposition saying that if British passports could be forged they could one day be forged by terrorists. I thought they just had.

ducati
19-Feb-10, 19:47
Well yes, they don't appear to be on the list of designated terrorist organisations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_organizations

On the radio the other day I was hearing the opposition saying that if British passports could be forged they could one day be forged by terrorists. I thought they just had.

It lists the only US source as a list of Foreign terrorist organisations. But thats just to wind you up nothing to do with the thread-sorry.

bekisman
19-Feb-10, 20:13

Come on Fred you want to try Britannica encyclopedia instead of your usual wiki sources!

"The Ku Klux Klan, or KKK, is a terrorist group in the United States. Terrorist groups seek to achieve their goals by creating fear through violence. The Klan formed after the Civil War ended in 1865. Its purpose was to frighten newly freed African Americans and to take away their rights. By the 1990s the Klan had broken up into small groups, mostly in the Southern states."

Stavro
19-Feb-10, 20:52
I see where Fred is coming from.

Yes, so do I. As would anyone who opens their eyes I think. ... :eek::eek::eek:

_Ju_
19-Feb-10, 22:47

No, you read the article about Joseph Stack, engineer, texan. How could he be anything but white according to your way of thinking.

Or maybe terrorist is defined by yourself as a suicide attack or someone who flies planes into bulding.

Eitherway they are your assumptions. Not the presses'. Not the polices'. Not the American governments'.

What the American government is guilty of in this instance is to assuage the population that this is not another 9/11. What a terrible thing to o (read dripping with sarcasm).

sam09
20-Feb-10, 01:52
the org is no place for racism or any other ism.

crayola
20-Feb-10, 02:17
The White House, however, said the crash did not appear to be an act of terrorism.http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/world/Texas-suicide-plane-attack-on.6086963.jp

Nice observation fred. :D

He probably wouldn't have been a terrorist if he was Afro-American either.

Aaldtimer
20-Feb-10, 04:39
There's nowhere in the Scotsman news item which actually states that he was Caucassian(sp?)...so why is everyone assuming he is?:confused

fred
20-Feb-10, 07:10
There's nowhere in the Scotsman news item which actually states that he was Caucassian(sp?)...so why is everyone assuming he is?:confused

What if the person piloting the plane had been a Muslim, what would the papers have been saying then? Would the White House have been saying it wasn't terrorism then?

ducati
20-Feb-10, 10:04
What if the person piloting the plane had been a Muslim, what would the papers have been saying then? Would the White House have been saying it wasn't terrorism then?

In the light of recent events probably not. I still don't see your point.

If there (god forbid) was an explosion in on London Transport today, the assumption would be it was an act of terrorism until proved otherwise.

tonkatojo
20-Feb-10, 11:23
In the light of recent events probably not. I still don't see your point.

If there (god forbid) was an explosion in on London Transport today, the assumption would be it was an act of terrorism until proved otherwise.

I wonder why.:(

Boozeburglar
20-Feb-10, 12:22
Because for many years explosions have been happening in London caused by terrorists, and despite the fact there are many other causes for many other explosions the most sensational and feared is the terrorist attack.

It is the first thing that goes through your head when there is an incident, and I am not one that lives in fear.

Jeid
20-Feb-10, 12:46
Surely, going by Fred's realistic hate for the US, the pilot would definitely be a terrorist, in fact... anyone from the States would be a terrorist.

This thread sucks.

1/10, would not read again.

crayola
20-Feb-10, 13:00
I see more hatred of fred than hatred of terrorists in this thread. :confused

I thought he made a fair point. Are you all upset with it because fred said it?

fred
20-Feb-10, 14:07
Surely, going by Fred's realistic hate for the US, the pilot would definitely be a terrorist, in fact... anyone from the States would be a terrorist.

This thread sucks.

1/10, would not read again.

Lets get one thing straight, I like Americans, every American I ever met was jovial and friendly, I sometimes think everyone in Britain should be on medication too.

But lets face it, someone who had just had enough of the injustice of the American government decided to try and change things by killing themselves and others by flying a plane into a building.

When Muslims do it they are terrorists, when Texans do it they are not.

Jeid
20-Feb-10, 14:19
I don't see what you're greeting about, it's not like you're living there.

northener
20-Feb-10, 14:23
Lets get one thing straight, I like Americans, every American I ever met was jovial and friendly, I sometimes think everyone in Britain should be on medication too.

But lets face it, someone who had just had enough of the injustice of the American government decided to try and change things by killing themselves and others by flying a plane into a building.

When Muslims do it they are terrorists, when Texans do it they are not.

Fair comment, Fred.
But I think the proper definition (as generally accepted) of a terrorist is someone acting on behalf of a larger non governmental organisation who is attempting to bring about political or religious change through force against a civilian population. Whereas a pissedoff individual is acting upon their own for their own cause.

If he'd stated he was doing it on behalf of, say, a Far Right Christian group who had already stated they intended to achieve their ends by violence- then he would be a terrorist.

I understand your comment, and it certainly is a sad state of affairs when being Muslim is enough to gain a label, but that's what happens.
In the 70's and 80', anyone male, 18-60, Irish accent in mainland UK was viewed as a potential terrorist. During the Ripper years it was anyone with a Geordie accent. WW2: UK and US domiciled Germans and Japanese - terror threat or spies.
Since the middle of the C16th up until very recently it was Catholicism...some are still trying to use that one now.

Not very pleasant, but that's human nature for you. There has to be a bogeyman. There's people round here who pull a sour face when they hear an English accent....same thing, just different location and reasoning.

I heard some idiot lamenting a couple of months back that there was never any crime in Caithness until 'The Incomers' arrived....yeah, right.

fred
20-Feb-10, 15:10
Fair comment, Fred.
But I think the proper definition (as generally accepted) of a terrorist is someone acting on behalf of a larger non governmental organisation who is attempting to bring about political or religious change through force against a civilian population. Whereas a pissedoff individual is acting upon their own for their own cause.

But there is hope, if enough people don't just accept, if enough people question we can change things.

http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=119029&sectionid=3510203

bekisman
20-Feb-10, 15:17
http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=119029&sectionid=3510203

Fred this is Iranian TV (Sky 515) this post should be on Iran escalating?

fred
20-Feb-10, 15:23
Fred this is Iranian TV

Well yes, if I'd relied on the BBC to tell me what's happening I'd never have known about it.

Stavro
20-Feb-10, 15:29
Because for many years explosions have been happening in London caused by terrorists, and despite the fact there are many other causes for many other explosions the most sensational and feared is the terrorist attack.

It is the first thing that goes through your head when there is an incident, and I am not one that lives in fear.

We have been conditioned (deliberately, in my opinion) by the mainstream media to associate "terrorism" with young Muslim males carrying backpacks.

Since London bombings have been brought up, this is definitely the picture which sticks in people's minds. But the evidence shows that it was NOT a young Muslim with a backpack that actually blew up a Tube train. It was a "terrorist," yes, but one who had planted the explosive underneath the carriage. The young Muslim male was a "patsy."

There is no mileage to be gained out of the light aircraft being crashed into the IRS building, since the pilot was middle-aged, American and white. Hence the word "terrorist" was not used. Hence the point of this thread.

It's all about propaganda and conditioning.

Stavro
20-Feb-10, 15:31
Fred this is Iranian TV (Sky 515) this post should be on Iran escalating?

No, this is the correct thread. Have you read the article?

northener
20-Feb-10, 15:42
The problem is that if we label every individual with a grudge against a Government department or individual as a 'terrorist' then we are merely playing wordgames to suit ourselces and the original severity of the accusation of terrorism will become lost.

Going down that road would lead to anyone with a grudge aginst the coppers/social services/taxman being labelled a 'terrorist' simply because they acted against the state department they had a problem with. A dangerous precedence which could lead to Anti-Terror laws being used in cases where there simply is no cause...a situation that some would say we are already on our way to.

Bloke gets pished and starts ranting outside the cop-shop threatening to kill everyone in it? Individual with grudge against the local planning dept who sets fire to Council offices? Man who rams politicians car because he disagrees with their actions over a given incident?

You could probably nick them under Anti-Terror laws as they are all going 'against the State' in one form or another...but it wouldn't be right.

We'd be heading back to the days of being arrested for sedition and 'forming combinations' if that happened.

Boozeburglar
20-Feb-10, 16:53
Your thread is specious, no one has ruled out terrorism. Only terrorism from outwith was ruled out.

Your decision to add 'he was white' indicates your wilful ignorance of attitudes in the USA.

Truly pathetic.

Next you will be telling us it is a conspiracy because the building was named Echelon.

fred
20-Feb-10, 16:56
The problem is that if we label every individual with a grudge against a Government department or individual as a 'terrorist' then we are merely playing wordgames to suit ourselces and the original severity of the accusation of terrorism will become lost.

Going down that road would lead to anyone with a grudge aginst the coppers/social services/taxman being labelled a 'terrorist' simply because they acted against the state department they had a problem with. A dangerous precedence which could lead to Anti-Terror laws being used in cases where there simply is no cause...a situation that some would say we are already on our way to.

Bloke gets pished and starts ranting outside the cop-shop threatening to kill everyone in it? Individual with grudge against the local planning dept who sets fire to Council offices? Man who rams politicians car because he disagrees with their actions over a given incident?

You could probably nick them under Anti-Terror laws as they are all going 'against the State' in one form or another...but it wouldn't be right.

We'd be heading back to the days of being arrested for sedition and 'forming combinations' if that happened.

But the murder of a senior Hamas official in his hotel room in Dubai, that would match your definition of terrorism wouldn't it?

Boozeburglar
20-Feb-10, 16:57
We have been conditioned (deliberately, in my opinion) by the mainstream media to associate "terrorism" with young Muslim males carrying backpacks.

Since London bombings have been brought up, this is definitely the picture which sticks in people's minds.

Having lived most of my adult years on and off in London, I can assure you you are talking bola bola.

Frankly, your apparent inability to speak with any experience-based authority on most of the issues you discuss suggests to me you don't get out much.

Stavro
20-Feb-10, 17:24
Having lived most of my adult years on and off in London, I can assure you you are talking bola bola.

Frankly, your apparent inability to speak with any experience-based authority on most of the issues you discuss suggests to me you don't get out much.

Whilst you, on the other hand, speak with more authority than eye-witnesses (who were actually on the carriages), forensic and photographic evidence?

I don't think so. :)

northener
20-Feb-10, 17:29
But the murder of a senior Hamas official in his hotel room in Dubai, that would match your definition of terrorism wouldn't it?

Grey area.

Apart from Israel, Fatah are being accused by some members of Hamas. And Hamas is being accused by Hamas. Take your pick. No clear winners yet.

Could just be inter-movement score settling.

Phill
20-Feb-10, 17:41

I wouldn't call it conditioning, it's just a piece for the times and weather you accept that 'conditioning' probably suggests more about your thoughts and views than anything.

If you go to any big city you'll see many people wandering round with backpacks, but you don't see everyone diving for cover when it's an Asian male carrying one!

How do you spot a Muslim anyway?

northener
20-Feb-10, 17:43
How do you spot a Muslim anyway?

Easy, they're the ones that look like terrorists....[lol]

fred
20-Feb-10, 18:09
Grey area.

Apart from Israel, Fatah are being accused by some members of Hamas. And Hamas is being accused by Hamas. Take your pick. No clear winners yet.

Could just be inter-movement score settling.

Some of the assassins were travelling on forged British passports complete with hologram and biometric chip. Where would Fatah or Hamas get the technology to do that?

bekisman
20-Feb-10, 18:25
Some of the assassins were travelling on forged British passports complete with hologram and biometric chip. Where would Fatah or Hamas get the technology to do that?

Fred, you must think Fatah/Hamas are that backward?

fred
20-Feb-10, 18:32

OK.

So when Nidal Hasan, an individual not a member of any terrorist organisation, turned his gun on serving American soldiers, not civilians, at Fort Hood last November. The media and the American government labelled him a terrorist.

What is the difference between Nidal Hasan and Joseph Stack?

fred
20-Feb-10, 18:33
Fred, you must think Fatah/Hamas are that backward?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1252034/Hamas-assassination-Did-Britain-know-Mossad-hit.html?printingPage=true

bekisman
20-Feb-10, 19:05
Haaretz earlier Thursday learned the identities of two Palestinians arrested in Jordan in connection with the January 20 killing at a Dubai hotel.

Ahmad Hasnin, a Palestinian intelligence operative, and Anwar Shekhaiber, an employee of the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah, were arrested in the Jordanian capital Amman.

Jordan on Tuesday confirmed it had extradited the two to Dubai.

The two were residents of the Gaza Strip until Hamas seized control there in 2007, a Hamas source told Haaretz.

Both moved to Dubai, where they were employed by a real estate company belonging to a senior official of Fatah, the political faction headed by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

A third man, a Hamas security operative, is under arrest in Syria on suspicion of having assisted the hit squad, the British daily The Guardian reported late Wednesday.

Palestinian sources in the Gulf said Nahro Massoud was in detention and under interrogation in Damascus, the Guardian reported.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1150754.html

fred
20-Feb-10, 19:11
Haaretz earlier Thursday learned the identities of two Palestinians arrested in Jordan in connection with the January 20 killing at a Dubai hotel.

Ahmad Hasnin, a Palestinian intelligence operative, and Anwar Shekhaiber, an employee of the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah, were arrested in the Jordanian capital Amman.

Jordan on Tuesday confirmed it had extradited the two to Dubai.

The two were residents of the Gaza Strip until Hamas seized control there in 2007, a Hamas source told Haaretz.

Both moved to Dubai, where they were employed by a real estate company belonging to a senior official of Fatah, the political faction headed by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

A third man, a Hamas security operative, is under arrest in Syria on suspicion of having assisted the hit squad, the British daily The Guardian reported late Wednesday.

Palestinian sources in the Gulf said Nahro Massoud was in detention and under interrogation in Damascus, the Guardian reported.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1150754.html

Dubai says new evidence, including credit card payments and phone calls made by suspects, confirms the involvement of Israel's spy agency in the recent assassination of a top Hamas official.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=119055&sectionid=351020205

northener
20-Feb-10, 20:34

Same back-door routes you geat weapons, IT kit, new identities etc.

There's always someone willing to 'help out' at a price - of not for a cause.

Stavro
20-Feb-10, 20:42

It does have "Mossad" written all over it, northener. They have been caught out at this sort of thing over and over again. Did they not murder British soldiers in Palestine on a regular basis between 1945 and 1948, if not longer?

fred
20-Feb-10, 20:47

Yup.

http://www.paltelegraph.com/world/world-news/4260-worker-at-immigrationpassport-department-issued-passports-to-mossad

bekisman
20-Feb-10, 20:47
Strangely enough Fred I have no objection to terrorist like Al-Mabhouh being 'taken out' by mossad - if indeed it was them. Nor Op Wrath of God, following the 1972 Munchen massacre, terrorist like AL-mabhouh have forfeited their rights.

There is not one shadow of doubt in my mind that you, in your own comfortable little world ensconced in the Highlands, surrounded by sea and heather are far, far removed from the harsh, deadly realities of life, will be outraged.

Your continuing support of a terrorist organisation; Hamas that runs 'Palestine' is juxtaposition with your oft-stated views.

Nevertheless it's not my respect for Mossad and it's direct action upon it's enemies - I hate terrorist of any ilk. Unlike you who have not carted plastic bags amongst bomb debris picking up bits of blown apart human flesh, that I had my formative years in which to develop my hatred of those that caused and instigated these atrocities.

The rule of law?; my arse.

The present bowing and scraping to political correctness to those who plan to destroy our civilisation, the 'run crying' to our present government, who bend over backwards to heap compensation upon the little dears.

No Fred I'm not BNP, I have very close Muslim friends; one is a former fundamentalist, now banned from the USA - not exactly a Muslim hater then am I? I do find it amusing, when upon this little known wee forum you spout your dislike for America and your hard-line support for Iran. We all have our opinions - long may it continue, but yours is based purely upon web searches - such a pity, when out in the real world you would find actual hands-on experience could widen your horizons and give you a much more cosmopolitan view.

This thread has been fun. Please Fred, take a deep breath and relax. No one really sees this forum you know, no one is scoring you points for your web knowledge. There are Orgers on here who know you of old, like 2007 before you 'went quiet' and returned with the same old rhetoric, and are keeping their distance, reading these but not contributing. as they KNOW.

So best wishes to you Fred, no malice intended, an earlier post mentioned some of us 'hated Fred' - no, no no. But you must understand that we are a disparate bunch and have disparate opinions - multi posts will make no difference. We are what we are, but in good humour; relax..

Yoda the flump
20-Feb-10, 20:50
Have to agree with you on this, it does have MOSSAD written all over it and they have to be the prime candidates

However unlike most MOSSAD ops this appears to have been fairly badly handled so maybe not as simple as it first seems.

Middle East politics is a minefield and whilst Isreal are usually up to their necks in it the truth behind this will probably never be known

northener
20-Feb-10, 23:01
It does have "Mossad" written all over it, northener. They have been caught out at this sort of thing over and over again. Did they not murder British soldiers in Palestine on a regular basis between 1945 and 1948, if not longer?

The Mossad hat certainly fits, but usually in scenarios like this the reality gets very blurred. I ain't going to blame anyone as I think we've only just started on this little escapade. Lets see what comes out of the woodwork...

It wasn't 'Mossad' as such that was involved in direct action against British troops in Palestine, they were only just evolving as the Israeli secret service at this point. Certainly the Israelis were doing some shooting..and Palestinians too, it was a bloody mess from the word go.

fred
20-Feb-10, 23:07
The Mossad hat certainly fits, but usually in scenarios like this the reality gets very blurred. I ain't going to blame anyone as I think we've only just started on this little escapade. Lets see what comes out of the woodwork...

Wait as long as you like, it will still be Mossad that done it.

Even the BBC aren't bothering to play the plausible deniability card on this one.

northener
20-Feb-10, 23:26
Wait as long as you like, it will still be Mossad that done it.

Even the BBC aren't bothering to play the plausible deniability card on this one.

Maybe, Fred. Time will tell.

Tubthumper
20-Feb-10, 23:29
Fred, how do you feel about tinfoil?

fred
20-Feb-10, 23:40
Maybe, Fred. Time will tell.

Yes, time usually proves me right.

fred
20-Feb-10, 23:42
Fred, how do you feel about tinfoil?

I think it's % wonderfull.

northener
21-Feb-10, 01:02
Yes, time usually proves me right.

I'll tell you what Fred, I'll agree with it being Mossad.

But a pound to a pinch of pooh there's been some serious Palestinian involvement as well.

Margaret M.
21-Feb-10, 02:02

What an ignorant statement, Fred.

Margaret M.
21-Feb-10, 02:34
So when Nidal Hasan, an individual not a member of any terrorist organisation, turned his gun on serving American soldiers, not civilians, at Fort Hood last November. The media and the American government labelled him a terrorist.

From what I heard on the news reports here, the government and the media, with the exception of FOX News, would not call him a terrorist.

fred
21-Feb-10, 08:29
I'll tell you what Fred, I'll agree with it being Mossad.

But a pound to a pinch of pooh there's been some serious Palestinian involvement as well.

More revelations in the Times this morning, seemingly the murder was authorised at the highest level.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article7034933.ece

Which brings us back to the subject of the thread. Surely if it had been the other way round, if Palestinians had murdered an Israeli politician in a hotel room in Dubai, wouldn't they be being called terrorists?

fred
21-Feb-10, 08:31
What an ignorant statement, Fred.

I apologise if I have offended you Margaret, my remark wasn't intended to be taken seriously.

fred
21-Feb-10, 08:41
I thought a terrorist brought terror to the target population by random acts of terror, so as to "terrify" so no one feels safe.

I hear there are a quite a few people in Gaza don't sleep too soundly.

Creme_Egg
21-Feb-10, 12:09
Terrorism is the systematic use of terror (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear) especially as a means of coercion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coercion).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist#cite_note-0) At present, there is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_terrorism).[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist#cite_note-1)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist#cite_note-2) Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-combatant) (civilians).

Straight from wikepedia!!

fred
21-Feb-10, 20:28
Terrorism is the systematic use of terror (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear) especially as a means of coercion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coercion).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist#cite_note-0) At present, there is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_terrorism).[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist#cite_note-1)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist#cite_note-2) Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-combatant) (civilians).

Straight from wikepedia!!

Well I think it's safe to say Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was a non combatant, he was in a hotel room in Dubai. He is just the latest in a string of Palestinian politicians murdered by Mossad, presumably to send a message to Palestinian politicians "do as you are told or die", and the purpose is to further the Zionist ideal.

It's looking like terrorism.

Whitewater
21-Feb-10, 22:11
This thread seems to have wandered into finding the correct definition for a terrorist. The nationality, religion and colour of the person does not matter one bit, the guy was browned off with the tax office and finally cracked. I know how he must have felt, I feel like blowing up the tax office every year when I have to do my returns, so far the tax office has been lucky, Mrs Whitewater has usually managed to calm me down before I get all the fertiliser together and the truck hired to carry it. But one of these years if they keep throwing demands at me the way they are doing I'll get the load together, but by then I will probably no be able to remember how to make the fuse. But if I did succeed I don't think it makes me a terrorist, just a person who hates paying taxes.
Hmmmm, one of these days!!!!