PDA

View Full Version : Where have you felt "you belong".

cuddlepop
18-Feb-10, 21:13
Have you ever been somewhere new and felt at home?.

When i was in Paris,school visit,I felt at home and the only other time I felt like this was when I first walked down to the beach at Reiss beach.:D

How about you?

northener
18-Feb-10, 21:18
Broadmoor.

But I'm out now. So it is definitely Caithness.

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 21:22
Torrisdale Bay

cuddlepop
18-Feb-10, 21:22
Broadmoor.

But I'm out now. So it is definitely Caithness.

Where you born and brought up there though or did you just visit oneday and decided to make it home?.

I was born and brought up in Glasgow but it doesnt give me that "belonging" feeling although its still "home".:)

cuddlepop
18-Feb-10, 21:23
Torrisdale Bay

Another beautiful area so i'm not suprised.:D

northener
18-Feb-10, 21:25
Where you born and brought up there though or did you just visit oneday and decided to make it home?.

I was born and brought up in Glasgow but it doesnt give me that "belonging" feeling although its still "home".:)

Yorkshireman, me. 'Last of the Summer Wine' country to be a bit more precise. Came up here for a look around one weekend and had bought a house by the time we went back.......says it all, I suppose.

William
18-Feb-10, 21:30
Sandwood bay

cuddlepop
18-Feb-10, 21:30
Yorkshireman, me. 'Last of the Summer Wine' country to be a bit more precise. Came up here for a look around one weekend and had bought a house by the time we went back.......says it all, I suppose.

I wish we'd have been able to do that as Caithness is the nearest I felt "at home" since Paris.:D

cuddlepop
18-Feb-10, 21:32
Sandwood bay

Thats a beauty too,maybe if we hadnt of gone to Reiss first I'd have felt the same there too.:D

Invisible
18-Feb-10, 21:51
Up at the Rumster Mast, I love the view towards the sea there.

joxville
18-Feb-10, 21:59
I belong with Katie Melua. :)

Invisible
18-Feb-10, 22:01
I belong with Katie Melua. :)

The question was have you ever been somewhere not in somewhere! i.e your dreams or work out the double entendre :roll:

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-10, 22:06
Top of oronsay in Skye. Most beautiful place i have ever been. I can see myself living in Skye in the future. I love it there, so peaceful and welcoming :D

joxville
18-Feb-10, 22:07
The question was have you ever been somewhere not in somewhere! i.e your dreams or work out the double entendre :roll:

Okay then. I went to see Katie Melua in the Clyde Auditorium and felt I belonged with her.

Is that any better? You're not going to change how I feel. :)

Invisible
18-Feb-10, 22:12
Okay then. I went to see Katie Melua in the Clyde Auditorium and felt I belonged with her.

Is that any better? You're not going to change how I feel. :)

Aye thats better

DeHaviLand
19-Feb-10, 00:10
I moved into the village in the Black Isle where I currently live, about 2 1/2 years ago. From the day I moved in, I felt that I was supposed to be here. I'm going to stay until I get found out;)

Tinkerbell09
19-Feb-10, 02:36
Uig - Skye

Always feels like home, LOVE Skye! :)

jock leith
19-Feb-10, 05:12
PICTON in New Zealand,I first visited in 1968 and knew that someday I would return.
I now live about half hour drive away,and have just come back from there,just sat at the foreshore watching Dolphins playing, about 20 meters from beach,just magical.
But still love Wick as home

JDL

riggerboy
19-Feb-10, 09:00
the pub any pub as long as its a pub thats where i belong in the pub any pub as long as its a pub.

think i must be pissed as i`m sure i said that twice or did i type it o it i`m off to the pub any pub as long as its a pub

Thumper
19-Feb-10, 09:36
Stroma....I am always saying "thats it I going to live on Stroma" life would be very peaceful thats for sure!;) x

Leanne
19-Feb-10, 09:39
I felt like this was when I first walked down to the beach at Reiss beach.:D

Same here :)

margaret
19-Feb-10, 21:31
In a forest.All my life i have this fasination for trees and i love a walk in a forest.I grew up in Younger botanical gardens so maybe thats why i feel so totally relaxed, surrounded by trees.Does anybody else feel like that?:roll: /

ShelleyCowie
19-Feb-10, 22:41
Uig - Skye

Always feels like home, LOVE Skye! :)

Uig is where my OH's mum was born. His Granny drove us round there briefly and the scenery was yet again awsome!

I love Skye too. The lack of shops doesnt bother me in the slightest. :Razz

My OH loves it there aswell, he spent every summer there as a child too. We hate the fact that we cant get down to visit this year. Such a downer! :~(

bingo1
19-Feb-10, 23:19
There aint no place like home In ma bed [lol]:lol:[lol]

Tinkerbell09
20-Feb-10, 02:24
Uig is where my OH's mum was born. His Granny drove us round there briefly and the scenery was yet again awsome!

I love Skye too. The lack of shops doesnt bother me in the slightest. :Razz

My OH loves it there aswell, he spent every summer there as a child too. We hate the fact that we cant get down to visit this year. Such a downer! :~(

My mum and her family went over to Skye alot when they were little, I go over there every year! Just love it, nice people too! The roads are endless in Skye, but beautiful scenery! My dad used to takes us a run up through Staffin and round the Kerrang (Not a clue how to spell it!) Used to hate it as it took so long tho, espcially in summer that it was quite warm!

But i have alot of memories from Skye when i was younger, great place!:D

crayola
20-Feb-10, 02:35
Sutherland of course, by name and by nature.

And Caithness.

And London, Paris, New York, Rome. LA and Boston. Not Tokyo though. Oddly. :confused

airdlass
20-Feb-10, 08:26
Orkney - loved living there -then I discover that one side of my family is Orcadian so maybe that explains it.:D

annthracks
20-Feb-10, 21:49
Poole, Dorset

cuddlepop
20-Feb-10, 22:01
Orkney - loved living there -then I discover that one side of my family is Orcadian so maybe that explains it.:D

I wonder if there are any French connection to Reiss as my ancestors were from Normandy .:confused

Errogie
20-Feb-10, 22:22
Would be happy to have my ashes scattered on the shore at Rackwick Bay, Hoy.

Kevin Milkins
20-Feb-10, 23:03
Reiss beech is good and I spend a lot of time down their walking the dogs.

I have another place that feels special to me in Gran Canaria, called Playa De Nudisto, and while the average tourist is running around like headless chickens being shafted by anyone and everybody that wants to make a fast buck, I take a couple of oranges, a bottle of water, a newspaper or book, and my snorkelling kit and spend the whole day, (often without seeing anyone else) and just chill out in the warmth and sunshine.:Razz

ducati
21-Feb-10, 10:07
Tarbrax in Lanarkshire, next to the treacle mine

The most bazaar bunch of characters you could ever meet,

until now that is ;)

S&LHEN
21-Feb-10, 11:50
Neist point Lighthouse in the Isle of Skye

Nothing like fishing of the rocks, blue Sky up above Whales, Dolphins and Sharks Swimming a few meters in front of you, Breath taking scenery all around you, Birds flying over head.

AAaaaaaaaaaa its Total heaven xxx

Tubthumper
21-Feb-10, 11:56
Right here in the living room, this morning, with this uninterrupted view over the river to a snow-capped Morven (my own personal alp). With the hens and ducks in the garden. And Psychopup by my side. And tasty Italian coffee.
And ma burd.

porshiepoo
21-Feb-10, 13:30
Fort William felt like home the minute we got there also for some weird reason Dunrobin Castle area feels like home also. :confused

Fran
21-Feb-10, 14:41
cALA BONA IN mAJORCA where the locals are so friendly/

zarapopet
21-Feb-10, 16:04
up newton forest in the middle of the night .
when ou can lie on the table looking up at the stars , and listen to all the noises the forest makes ie the wind blowing in the trees and the rustleing of the animals scurring in the earth and grass .
so bliss full highly recomended. :D:D:D

S&LHEN
21-Feb-10, 16:37
It sounds magic :)

up newton forest in the middle of the night .
when ou can lie on the table looking up at the stars , and listen to all the noises the forest makes ie the wind blowing in the trees and the rustleing of the animals scurring in the earth and grass .
so bliss full highly recomended. :D:D

northener
21-Feb-10, 18:43
My mum and her family went over to Skye alot when they were little, I go over there every year! Just love it, nice people too! The roads are endless in Skye, but beautiful scenery! My dad used to takes us a run up through Staffin and round the Kerrang (Not a clue how to spell it!) Used to hate it as it took so long tho, espcially in summer that it was quite warm!

But i have alot of memories from Skye when i was younger, great place!:D

You've obviously not met my mate, then.......;)

Whitewater
21-Feb-10, 23:50
Visited Alaska a couple of years ago, I could settle down there no bother, the life style is just what I enjoy, tad cold in the winter though but that is not really a problem. Funny thing is that I have been to many places in America over the years and Alaska is the only state where I felt at home. Must have been the bears.

Joefitz
22-Feb-10, 16:56
Good old Dreary Erie, the Mistake on the Lake!
Right here in Pennsylvania, the Peninsula, watching some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. fishing, hunting, 3 cities within 2 hours, but its very rural here..I love it!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Feb-10, 15:36
I would say Edinburgh.Lovely city,good folk,a guid laugh.Didnae belong to it but felt I did.

Guid laugh the other day,a guy said to me,"for being a weeker ye hafnae half got a funny accent".Made ma day:lol::lol:

achingale
23-Feb-10, 16:25
The saying is 'Home is where the heart is,' so it is Caithness for me, especially Reiss Beach. So beautiful and peaceful, and wonderful in the winter! Just love it.

ClachanHope
23-Feb-10, 17:30
Sandwood bay

???? Haunted beach :eek: and you felt like you belonged ther, I'd worry.!!!

Iona is a beautiful, peaceful place, I felt like I could stay there forever

bekisman
23-Feb-10, 21:31
Sitting by the cairn at drum allt a'mhuilinn on Strathy Point - looking out to sea...