PDA

View Full Version : Who would pay this?

Stavro
18-Feb-10, 16:05
Sold at auction a half-smoked cigar butt stubbed out by Churchill, went for £4,500! It's incredible what people will pay for memorabilia. An Aston Martin driven by Pierce Brosnan sold for £157,000, whereas an 'ordinary' Aston would be worth between £40,000 and £60,000. Clarke Gable character mug £5,000, a paperback book of Gone With The Wind, signed by Vivien Leigh, bought in a second hand shop for £2 probably worth a small fortune now. Collectors with excess cash who don't want 'traditional' art are combing the internet for this memorabilia.

joxville
18-Feb-10, 16:08
I'd be interested in Bernard Mannings joke books....how much are they? ;)

[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Feb-10, 16:12
Folk will always pay over the odds for memorabilia.Some folk bought Star Wars toys and never took them out the box.

Long Live James May.Went to an auction,outbid all the rest for a trainset and played with it.:lol:

Stavro
18-Feb-10, 16:24
I'd be interested in Bernard Mannings joke books....how much are they? ;)

[lol]

Couldn't say, but I do know that a letter written by John Lennon to an Indian fan while he was studying meditation there fetched $14,000!

Stavro
18-Feb-10, 16:31
Long Live James May.Went to an auction,outbid all the rest for a trainset and played with it.:lol:

Shame about the 'Lego House.' :roll:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1214729/James-May-size-Lego-house-wants.html