PDA

View Full Version : Good PM's and politicians

northener
18-Feb-10, 15:37
Everyone (me included) is quick to condemn our politicians and Prime Ministers.

Soooo...bearing in mind the loathing many people have for Blair, Broon and Thatcher, can anyone name a PM they actually liked?

And what about politicians, any out there that are doing a good job or are actually popular with the plebs?

golach
18-Feb-10, 15:40
Winston Churchill & William Pitt the Younger [lol]

gleeber
18-Feb-10, 16:01
Winston Churchill & William Pitt the Younger [lol]

I liked John Major and Tony Blair and Gordon Browns ok too. It's better not to think of politics if your judging a politician. :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Feb-10, 16:04
With Edward Heath I was too busy pooping ma nappies to worry about him.
With James Callaghan,I was learning my ABC's.
With Margaret Thatcher I was too busy growing hair,where I thought wisnae imaginably possible.
With John Major,his grey years.Ma drunken years.Ahhhh!!the memories.
With Tony Blair,bringing up ma own wee family.
With Gordon Brown.Feeling sorry for a PM who is trying his best.

So who was ma favourite?None.

Has there really only been 6 Prime Ministers in that time.Maybe Hearts F.c should give Downing Street a call.[lol][lol]

redeyedtreefrog
18-Feb-10, 17:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l6jylb_gNA

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 17:39
I think Brown will be looked back on as truly underestimated.

Liked Blair at one time.

Kinnock, Smith.

Benn, Galloway, Livingstone, Portillo, Short, Cook, Menzies, Kennedy, Hague, Flint, Healey, Alan Clarke, Prescott.

Love Bill Clinton, and now Obama.

Williams, Maclennan...

I like a lot of politicians.

Much more than I like 'celebrities'.

redeyedtreefrog
18-Feb-10, 18:46
I think Brown will be looked back on as truly underestimated.

Liked Blair at one time.

Kinnock, Smith.

Benn, Galloway, Livingstone, Portillo, Short, Cook, Menzies, Kennedy, Hague, Flint, Healey, Alan Clarke, Prescott.

Love Bill Clinton, and now Obama.

Williams, Maclennan...

I like a lot of politicians.

Much more than I like 'celebrities'.

Hillary Clinton's pretty cool too

tonkatojo
18-Feb-10, 19:53
Hillary Clinton's pretty cool too

Aye "the beautiful Benazir Bhutto" was a stunner (once).:(

Flashman
18-Feb-10, 19:54
Most recently I think the current Secretary of State for Scotland Jim Murphy is a very decent man and politician

Mo Mowlem - Amazing Secretary of State for NI

Sir Malcolm Rifkind - Sad that he cant get elected in his homeland, a true Gent

George Galloway - Dont agree with him politically on alot of things but he stands for what he believes in and does not pussy foot around the middle east issue.

Boris Johnson - Guy is a legend, im some corridors he is mentioned as a successor to Cameron.

Kenneth Clarke - Tories need more moderates like him in thier ranks.

Margaret Thatcher - Just look at the Labour Party circa 1997 and that says it all, she made modern Britain.

I dislike Lord Mandelson - Worst breed of politician ever and is pretty much the supreme mould of modern politicians, very little substance and political beliefs, full of spin and will do anything to hold power and office.

cuddlepop
18-Feb-10, 19:58
Every time we've asked Charles Kennedy for any help he's been excellent.

Cant think of any others that are worth a mention,too full of their own importance.:(

Flashman
18-Feb-10, 19:59
[quote=Boozeburglar;662067]I think Brown will be looked back on as truly underestimated.quote]

He became PM at the wrong time, he maybe should of called an election near the start of his tenure.

Brown is a good Politician and under different circumstances maybe would of made a good PM. Alot of the flak he takes is aimed at his Party as a whole not his leadership.... something many Labour MP's fail to grasp.

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 20:34
I agree, Brown has been cursed by his predecessor's behaviour.

If we were talking about bad politician's Mandelson would be right up there, I cannot believe they are letting him take such a prominent role what with all the sleaze lately.

He makes my flesh crawl.

Boris Johnson - Guy is a legend, im some corridors he is mentioned as a successor to Cameron.

Yes, I hear that and I hope it comes true, because that would mean Cameron did not get elected and the Tories were out in the wilderness again, where the beasts like Johnson roam.

Every time I am in London on the bendy 18 bus heading home I think about his vow to get rid of them. The Routemaster is back on one or two routes, but overall it seems he was all mouth and no trousers on that score.

:)

ducati
18-Feb-10, 20:36
[quote=Boozeburglar;662067]I think Brown will be looked back on as truly underestimated.quote]

He became PM at the wrong time, he maybe should of called an election near the start of his tenure.

Brown is a good Politician and under different circumstances maybe would of made a good PM. Alot of the flak he takes is aimed at his Party as a whole not his leadership.... something many Labour MP's fail to grasp.

Brown's a muppet, would never be pm if he needed electing-and thats not about party allegence. I was a great admirer of Neil Kinnock, I probably still should be but you don't see much evidence of him these days. :roll:

Kodiak
18-Feb-10, 20:42
John Thurso is a very hard working, honest and is an excellent MP. More MP's should be like him.

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 20:43
I love the Muppets.

We vote for the party, not the man.

I know it is not quite so, but that is the official line.

Blair should have made way for him a couple of years earlier.

:)

Invisible
18-Feb-10, 20:51
Two words: Donnie Munro

LEGEND!

Yoda the flump
18-Feb-10, 22:30
Brown's a muppet,

Completely disagree with you there, Brown is a very able politician who has been very unlucky and dealt a very bad hand.

I seriously doubt that any politician currently could do a better job than Brown.

Cameron certainly does not fill me with confidence. Probably the most able politician the Tories have had in the recent past is Portillo, but the turned on him.

redeyedtreefrog
18-Feb-10, 22:40

Nice haircut too.

Tilter
19-Feb-10, 01:11
Can't name a PM. Like others I think Brown is able but wrong time for him.

Wasn't here during the Thatcher years thank god but I voted for Jimmy Carter. Liked him then and like him now, though he was much despised. Also voted for Obama - shame he's so hamstrung and all turning on him cos they can't get their own way and their taxes might go up.

shazzap
19-Feb-10, 01:14
They are all the same.
They all urinate in the same pot.