PDA

View Full Version : Too fat!? I would love to be that skinny!

Invisible
18-Feb-10, 14:39
I saw in the paper today that Canadian model Coco Rocha has been told she is too fat for catwalk work weighing in at 7st 7lbs. That is just wrong in my opinion.

northener
18-Feb-10, 14:43
I saw in the paper today that Canadian model Coco Rocha has been told she is too fat for catwalk work weighing in at 7st 7lbs. That is just wrong in my opinion.

You do know that she's only three feet tall, don't you?

Invisible
18-Feb-10, 14:56

Slim chance of that being true

ducati
18-Feb-10, 16:16

The other famous member of the flump family

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 16:34
If she has to give it up and needs somewhere to go I will put her up.

balto
18-Feb-10, 16:44
there is to much pressure on young females these days to be the perfect size, but on a whole what do men prefer, someone who is so skinny or someone with what shall we say curves.

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 16:47
Definitely curves.

Definitely.

Kevin Milkins
18-Feb-10, 16:52
there is to much pressure on young females these days to be the perfect size, but on a whole what do men prefer, someone who is so skinny or someone with what shall we say curves.

No pun intended.:lol:;)

I don't think you can generalise on what a males preference would be to a female as we are all different, I prefer women with a bit of meat on them and no make up.:Razz

balto
18-Feb-10, 16:53
No pun intended.:lol:;)

I don't think you can generalise on what a males preference would be to a female as we are all different, I prefer women with a bit of meat on them and no make up.:Razz
wasnt generalising ,just asking a question.

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 17:00
Yeah Milkins, we all know different strokes for different folks and all that but there has to be a more favoured body type.

I think for men who know what it is to really get physical there can only be one answer. Curves.

cherokee
18-Feb-10, 17:57
Well I just found out today that I'm, at least, 2 and 1/2 stone over what I should be, for my height !!!!

It's not so much the weight that bothers me but the fact that so many of my clothes like blouses, jeans and jackets don't fit anymore !:(

So should I just hope I'll lose that extra weight, with perseverance (sp!) and will-power or should I go and buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes ??

P/S - My double chin doesn't do me any favours either !!!! :(:(

Flashman
18-Feb-10, 20:04

I dont think what men like has anything to do with it, the pressure comes from other women on TV, Magazines ect... womens culture.

Cant pin this one on us blokes!

ducati
18-Feb-10, 20:30
Well I just found out today that I'm, at least, 2 and 1/2 stone over what I should be, for my height !!!!

It's not so much the weight that bothers me but the fact that so many of my clothes like blouses, jeans and jackets don't fit anymore !:(

So should I just hope I'll lose that extra weight, with perseverance (sp!) and will-power or should I go and buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes ??

P/S - My double chin doesn't do me any favours either !!!! :(:(

I'm exactly the right weight-just need to be 7 foot 8

balto
18-Feb-10, 20:36
I dont think what men like has anything to do with it, the pressure comes from other women on TV, Magazines ect... womens culture.

Cant pin this one on us blokes!
wasnt saying it was mens fault atall, just asking in general what a man prefers when it comes to shape, skinny or curves.

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-10, 20:43
Wow what a great thing thats going to be for little girls to read in the magazines eh [disgust]

If anyone ever told me i wasnt skinny enough for them then they would definetely get a slap in the face! Im not over-weight, im not under-weight, im not the "Perfect size" either.

Dont like seeing these really skinny celebs in magazines along with their diets which girls want to follow. Really upsets me on this subject. :(

Vistravi
18-Feb-10, 21:57
Wow what a great thing thats going to be for little girls to read in the magazines eh

If anyone ever told me i wasnt skinny enough for them then they would definetely get a slap in the face! Im not over-weight, im not under-weight, im not the "Perfect size" either.

Dont like seeing these really skinny celebs in magazines along with their diets which girls want to follow. Really upsets me on this subject. :(

You're perfect for the one man that counts ;)

My partner likes me happy. He was worried he wouldn't find me attractive bigger but he's loving my new curves :D

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 22:00
Exactly.

More cushion and all that.

I always preferred a Rubens to a Lowry.

Dadie
18-Feb-10, 22:41
Why cant the fashion designers use "real women" as clothes hangers on the catwalks...
Why do they have an unhealthy obsession with underweight models with no curves.... they might as well use lanky teenage boys to model the womanswear!