PDA

View Full Version : Ray Gosling

Yoda the flump
17-Feb-10, 21:44
As the title says, was he right to do what he claims he did, and would you do the same if in that situation?

ducati
17-Feb-10, 21:58
As the title says, was he right to do what he claims he did, and would you do the same if in that situation?

Regardless, he is an idiot to challenge the law by owning up on telly. He will spend the rest of his life in court/prison. Whoever advised him needs locking up IMO.

Invisible
17-Feb-10, 22:08
Maybe he wanted to go to prison

balto
17-Feb-10, 22:10
his partner at the time was going to die, so i reckon this was a act of kindness really.

Kevin Milkins
17-Feb-10, 22:21
He probably saw it as a publicity stunt to kick start his career and put him back in the limelight while this is still an emotive subject that is being debated.:confused

I don't think I remember the guy the first time around.

balto
17-Feb-10, 22:45
He probably saw it as a publicity stunt to kick start his career and put him back in the limelight while this is still an emotive subject that is being debated.:confused

I don't think I remember the guy the first time around.
i personally have never heard of him, but if i was in the same position i would do exactly the same thing, if the person was terminally ill, at teh end of the day a dog wouldnt be left to suffer.

Boozeburglar
17-Feb-10, 22:55
Regardless, he is an idiot to challenge the law by owning up on telly. He will spend the rest of his life in court/prison. Whoever advised him needs locking up IMO.

Of course they had to follow it up, but I am almost certain that he will not do time for this.

ducati
18-Feb-10, 00:49
Of course they had to follow it up, but I am almost certain that he will not do time for this.

I dunno BB with all the previous they may just be in the mood to make an example.

Aaldtimer
18-Feb-10, 03:58

Of course he won't, he won't say who, nor when, nor where, after 20 years the corpse woulldn't give any evidence I think ...even if they could identify it.
The man did what he thought was the kindest thing.
I don't know whether I could have the courage to do the same.:confused

riggerboy
18-Feb-10, 08:34
hang him hang him hang him

by the scranny neck how very dare he go on telly and say i have commited murder and expect all to feel sorry for him, if hes looking for some sort of forgiveness let him live and die with it, what kind of message does this send out to the thugs of today " i can do and tell about it as long as they cant prove it" bollocks to to him

_Ju_
18-Feb-10, 09:25
Shock horror, I actaully agree with you on this one, Riggerboy.
What Gosling has claimed to have done is not akin to euthanasia. If (and it is a bigif, in my opinion) he did do this, he caused suffering and stress in the act. And there was no dignity in the act. This excludes it from being assisted suicide or euthanasia.
As for "doing the same for my loved one" as some have said, to hold a creature (or a person in this case) struggling, however weakly, for breath (and it is an uncontrolable reflexive struggle), smothering it to death, is extremely difficult to do, and more so when you feel an attachment to that creature. That is why I am not so sure that he actually did what he claims to have done.

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 11:40
Opiates have a similar effect to a pillow.