PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Beck

Dog-eared
17-Feb-10, 20:48
Jeff Beck has a new album out next month, " Hammerhead ".
You can listen to a track here -

http://www.jeffbeck.com/jeff.php

I like it !! What do you think ??

Phoebus_Apollo
17-Feb-10, 21:38
Sounds "Wahhy" but I like that! - Love the Beckster so might have to get myself a copy - :D

Douglas Cowie
17-Feb-10, 22:46
Saw Jeff Beck in 1980 on the There and Back tour in Edinburgh, he was awesome, no other word for it.

This track sounds really good, it's great that he is playing again as at one time he had all but given up and spent his time doing up cars.

This album comes out on my birthday so I will treat myself.

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 17:54
I loved the I'm A Loser Baby one

Invisible
18-Feb-10, 21:32
I loved the I'm A Loser Baby one

facepalm...................

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 21:42
Seriously though, I love Tal. Is she on the new album?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDgkbLw4qkw

Jeid
18-Feb-10, 22:55
She was the best bit about his band.

Deemac
19-Feb-10, 00:19
The live at Ronnie Scotts bluray disc is just wonderful. Look forward to checking out his new recording. Thanks for the info.

Metalattakk
19-Feb-10, 05:11
Seriously though, I love Tal. Is she on the new album?

She was the best bit about his band.

Tal Wilkenfeld is awesome. No question. No doubt. When she played at Ronnie Scott's in 2007 with Beck, she was only 21 years old. Remarkable.

But she doesn't (and probably will never be able to) absolutely master her instrument (ooh, matron!) the same way that Beck controls his guitar.

His wizardry, from the finger-point control of the tremolo arm to the carefully controlled volume swells, armed with the wonderfully percussive - almost plosive - and ebullient tones he gets from no more than his hands, a beaten up old guitar and a slightly over driven amp, is to me unsurpassed amongst his peers. Clapton was right - it really is all in his hands.

Jeff Beck = a God amongst guitar players.

Boozeburglar
19-Feb-10, 09:11
He plays guitar?

I thought he was a singer.

You're everywhere and nowhere baby...

He can still cut it I reckon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rtp9ESo19A&feature=related

Phoebus_Apollo
19-Feb-10, 12:28
Tal Wilkenfeld is awesome. No question. No doubt. When she played at Ronnie Scott's in 2007 with Beck, she was only 21 years old. Remarkable.

But she doesn't (and probably will never be able to) absolutely master her instrument (ooh, matron!) the same way that Beck controls his guitar.

His wizardry, from the finger-point control of the tremolo arm to the carefully controlled volume swells, armed with the wonderfully percussive - almost plosive - and ebullient tones he gets from no more than his hands, a beaten up old guitar and a slightly over driven amp, is to me unsurpassed amongst his peers. Clapton was right - it really is all in his hands.

Jeff Beck = a God amongst guitar players.

His Harmonic Control is unsurpassed - "Where were you" is sublime - I have to admit (along with Buchanan and Hendrix) he was a guitarist i didn`t really appreciate for a long time.