PDA

View Full Version : local bands

zebedy
11-May-06, 14:28
Were have you gigged?

Just kinda board so thought id start a thread..

I read Houling Gaels were on TV once.. Is this true... I'm a amajor fan of them.. Wudnt mind knowing more about them!

I see our boys Estrella are doin wel for them selfs!

Who have u seen latly up here gigging.. and what did u think?

Spirit
12-May-06, 00:07
yeah they were on TV,and they supported The Commitments, remember the Film?
They actualy spell their name Howlin' Gaels, you should check out their website www.howlingaels.co.uk. have you bought their latest album yet?

Bingobabe
12-May-06, 22:25
I would actually like to get a band started but dont know where to start anyone any ideas.

The Pepsi Challenge
13-May-06, 01:51
Saw The Usual Suspects when I was in Thurso recently. For a second I thought it was 1991 again, and that I was watching Hi-Stakes... only minus the drum pint-glass holder ;-)

Blonde Brothers; Home & Beyond; Stentching Mr. Stanley; Biscuits Are Lovely; Discrepency (aye, you heard right); Barracuda; Me, You & A Drum (fag) Machine - where art thou?

clash67
13-May-06, 15:55
Were have you gigged?

Just kinda board so thought id start a thread..

I read Houling Gaels were on TV once.. Is this true... I'm a amajor fan of them.. Wudnt mind knowing more about them!

I see our boys Estrella are doin wel for them selfs!

Who have u seen latly up here gigging.. and what did u think?
Hi, glad your a fan, yeah we (Howlin' Gaels)were on TV once, we also played The Lemon Tree in Aberdeen...it was awsome!!! We got the full treatment, crates of beer, n' bottled water sent back to the dressing room with towels etc. Great place to play.

zebedy
13-May-06, 16:58
ha awesome..

Well wed (cyandie).. support yahs again anyday..

ure drummer is sutin else i tell yah took a video on my fone!.. and wat a voice him and ure singer have..

and my gawd he can play teh harmonica! pfft.. so jelous! lol

emszxr
13-May-06, 17:28
Saw The Usual Suspects when I was in Thurso recently. For a second I thought it was 1991 again, and that I was watching Hi-Stakes... only minus the drum pint-glass holder ;-)

Blonde Brothers; Home & Beyond; Stentching Mr. Stanley; Biscuits Are Lovely; Discrepency (aye, you heard right); Barracuda; Me, You & A Drum (fag) Machine - where art thou?

biscuits are lovely, who was in that band, was rory paterson not on guitar in them?

Chobbersjnr
13-May-06, 17:59
vitriola, Henry & Paul, Raymond & Tich (or is that pre 90s)

Innuendo was another

Chobbersjnr
13-May-06, 18:01
Zeb

If I've sold you my kit wothout telling myself I tell ya what!!!!!!!!

& taboot you've shrunk it & stuck it in your avatar...........what a waste of a kit:Razz

clash67
13-May-06, 18:02
ha awesome..

Well wed (cyandie).. support yahs again anyday..

ure drummer is sutin else i tell yah took a video on my fone!.. and wat a voice him and ure singer have..

and my gawd he can play teh harmonica! pfft.. so jelous! lol
Thanks Dude, did I read a thread that said ur into band photography? I might call on ur services sometime.

Chobbersjnr
13-May-06, 18:10
Thanks Dude, did I read a thread that said ur into band photography? I might call on ur services sometime.

I quizzed him about that ANDDDDDDDDDD it's a friend he posted for apparently. Admittedly he could've made it a bit clearer ZEB!! who's yer photo mate??

:Razz [lol]

Chobbersjnr
13-May-06, 18:10
I would actually like to get a band started but dont know where to start anyone any ideas.

what is it that you do B/babe??

sam
13-May-06, 18:29
Hi, glad your a fan, yeah we (Howlin' Gaels)were on TV once, we also played The Lemon Tree in Aberdeen...it was awsome!!! We got the full treatment, crates of beer, n' bottled water sent back to the dressing room with towels etc. Great place to play.

i once saw one of your awsome gig's in the newmarket a number of year's ago,how you have survived this long i dont know after licking slim's sweaty armpit halfway through your gig and still managed to survive it, ( that must of tasted awsome lol ):lol:
am still a fan even though you put me off ma pint lol[lol]

clash67
13-May-06, 18:58
i once saw one of your awsome gig's in the newmarket a number of year's ago,how you have survived this long i dont know after licking slim's sweaty armpit halfway through your gig and still managed to survive it, ( that must of tasted awsome lol ):lol:
am still a fan even though you put me off ma pint lol[lol]
All in the name of Rock n' Roll dude, all in the name of Rock n' Roll. lol

Bingobabe
13-May-06, 19:10
what is it that you do B/babe??I sing pretty well so i have been told

Chobbersjnr
13-May-06, 20:10
licking slim's sweaty armpit

all in the name of rock & roll, clash my friend thats just to much

& between you & me we've seen some antics from the slim fat lad

I once saw him take his T-shirt off at a gig & as he sweated it looked like he was melting down himself.....................amongst many other things I can think of

going back though Henry Mckinnon was the original gaels drummer (when it was spelled gales)..........then Marty Sutherland...............then Slim..............then Ewan Barker......then Fraser Sparling & now back to Barker right??

and bassists was AHEM!! Berriedale Billie Wares............Robbie Pye & now Taz

& da odder two just never go away:Razz

clash67
13-May-06, 21:40
all in the name of rock & roll, clash my friend thats just to much

& between you & me we've seen some antics from the slim fat lad

I once saw him take his T-shirt off at a gig & as he sweated it looked like he was melting down himself.....................amongst many other things I can think of

going back though Henry Mckinnon was the original gaels drummer (when it was spelled gales)..........then Marty Sutherland...............then Slim..............then Ewan Barker......then Fraser Sparling & now back to Barker right??

and bassists was AHEM!! Berriedale Billie Wares............Robbie Pye & now Taz

& da odder two just never go away:Razz

You pretty much nailed it chobbersjnr, which isn't too many changes to the line-up considering the time the band has been on the go.
Yeah, when slim took of his shirt at the gigs we should have been payed more cause we were not only a band but a freak show lol.

Chobbersjnr
14-May-06, 00:16
You pretty much nailed it chobbersjnr, which isn't too many changes to the line-up considering the time the band has been on the go.
Yeah, when slim took of his shirt at the gigs we should have been payed more cause we were not only a band but a freak show lol.

indeed & the number of regal ciggy butts that got sent flying past my ears over time due to the slim fat man was cronic

flippin' chain smokin' on stage.....he wouldn't get away wi at now would he