PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when you are really tired?

Boozeburglar
17-Feb-10, 08:02
I guess putting the dog's meds in my coffee was a hint.

Kenn
17-Feb-10, 09:02
Does that mean you are bright eyed and bushy tailed?

Boozeburglar
17-Feb-10, 09:07
No, the dog is though. Must be the caffeine. ;)

riggerboy
17-Feb-10, 09:24
i fall asleep

floyed
17-Feb-10, 09:51
My eyes get heavy, i start yawning and my limbs go all floppy:lol:

northener
17-Feb-10, 10:09
My head hits the keyboard andlmisuydet708989898,mjhszf989898989qnm3

Angela
17-Feb-10, 11:08
Are you sure that wasn't a senior moment, BB?

This morning I made myself a cup of tea with cold water from the kettle - I was sure it had boiled - and popped two cat treats into my mouth instead of two painkillers. :eek:

In the past week or two I've:

Put the cat food into her water bowl, which had water already in it.
Forgotten to give her her brekkie until almost 5pm, while wondering why she was being so pitiful all day.
Keyed my library PIN into the cash machine and wondered why no cash....and
...keyed my bank PIN into the library machine.
Reversed the quantities of coffee and water in the coffee maker - twice as much coffee and half as much water as required. :mad:
'Posted' a birthday card into the communal bin.

I could go on......and on.....if only my memory was a bit better! :lol:

I'd love to think it's just tiredness.....

upolian
17-Feb-10, 11:20
ive been known to put cold water in a pot noodle when tired [lol]

BRIE
17-Feb-10, 11:26
I had to laugh at the OH last week when he was trying to put our 4 yr olds shoes on the 1 yr old! he was putting the second shoe on & still hadnt realised until we rolling about laughing at him:lol:

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-10, 11:40
Im usually always tired so have kinda learned to function whilst tired.

But i have done some silly things. Pouring cold water into my coffee. Or just pouring water & milk in my cup and forget the coffee and sugar.

When i go to heat up the bairns milk in the morning i will forget to turn the switch on and will sit and shout at it cos i dont know why its not heating up.

Pouring cat food into my bowl and cereal for the cats.

Thats just a few :eek:

missmillie
17-Feb-10, 11:47
I made a coffee then put the kettle in the fridge the other day. I found it at dinner time and thought Id Had fairies in my kitchen!! :roll:

Dadie
17-Feb-10, 14:12
Putting a teabag and a spoonful of coffee in the same cup and not realising until I drunk most of it!

porshiepoo
17-Feb-10, 14:23
Usually I don't know when I'm really tired!!!

I have Narcolepsy so usually the first sign is when I've suddenly fallen asleep lol.
Mid convo is not unusual. lmao
Most handy when convo's are really boring!!!!!!

Fluff
17-Feb-10, 14:39
At night, if I am really tired (as in I really should be in bed) I start to feel very very sick.
In the morning, just the usual mistakes. There have been a few close calls where I have nearly gone to work without a bra on though, lol, would be very embarssing!

Boozeburglar
17-Feb-10, 14:51
There have been a few close calls where I have nearly gone to work without a bra on though, lol, would be very embarssing!

Och that's nothing, I do that all the time.

Never forget my tights though!

;)

joxville
17-Feb-10, 15:05
I say things that I shouldn't say. ;)

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-10, 15:05
At night, if I am really tired (as in I really should be in bed) I start to feel very very sick.
In the morning, just the usual mistakes. There have been a few close calls where I have nearly gone to work without a bra on though, lol, would be very embarssing!

When i got up the other morning i walked downstairs in just my bra! Completely forgot to put a top on :eek: Doesnt help that i have a window at the bottom of my stairs and my curtains were wide open...took me 10 mins to realise i was topless! Lol

Invisible
17-Feb-10, 15:18
My back gets itchy and eyes sore

changilass
17-Feb-10, 15:20
I get a migraine :(

Invisible
17-Feb-10, 15:20
When i got up the other morning i walked downstairs in just my bra! Completely forgot to put a top on :eek: Doesnt help that i have a window at the bottom of my stairs and my curtains were wide open...took me 10 mins to realise i was topless! Lol

:eek:... meh I walk round topless in the house sometimes

ducati
17-Feb-10, 15:29
:eek:... meh I walk round topless in the house sometimes

Just as long as you keep yer frock on :cool: not cool, eyes poked out :lol:

Invisible
17-Feb-10, 15:37
Just as long as you keep yer frock on :cool: not cool, eyes poked out :lol:

I don't hear the cows complaining

Dadie
17-Feb-10, 15:45
I used to have 2 pairs of shoes that were very similar ... the only difference was 2" in the heel.... one pair had a small 1" heel and the other pair had a 3" heel.

I was half asleep and managed to put one of each pair on to go to work... my safety shoes never looked so good as that day:lol:

Ps used to sleepwalk when I got overtired and would wake up in the dog basket/ sparebed/ bathroom naked but never outside:lol::lol:

Vistravi
17-Feb-10, 16:52
I usually can't speak or if i try nobody can understand me as i speak very quietly and softly.

Shelley i sympathis(sp) as i know the feeling of being tired all the time. I have absoultly no idea how i managed to do a weeks worth of 9 hour shifts while having the extreme tiredness at the start of my pregnancy. I would wake up shattered, walk the hour walk to work, struggle to stay awake at work in the afternoon, walk the hour walk home, struggle to unlock the door, struggle over to the kitchen and feed Caramel and then crash out on the bed still fully clothed complete with jacket and shoes still on. This went on for a month. My partner was away working and having extremly bad morning sickness to the point where i simply could not eat for a month really did not help.

Anything other than eat just wasn't done untill the weekend.

squidge
18-Feb-10, 01:42
I have had sleep problems at night since having an operation in November and I am falling asleep during the day. Last week i fell asleep whilst a friend was visiting - twice!!!! I have spilt tea down myself four times in one week because i sit down with a cup and then nod off and spill it all over me.

This week i am feeling a bit betterso hopefully i am figuring out how to deal with it. hard work though!

Invisible
18-Feb-10, 10:37
Early this morning after defrosting the car I started my journey only to find the car very very sluggish...........I had left the handbrake on.