PDA

View Full Version : Blackstairs PLAYGROUP - Vandalised

Chardonnay
16-Feb-10, 19:17
I was horrified to find out my child's playgroup has been vandalised at the weekend. How can any such individual wreck and flood a children's social play group. The mentality of such a person(s) should be attending playschool not vandalising it. It will now be closed for some time as it has to be repainted and needs new carpets, etc and of course their toys and activity items replaced for new. It's so sad on the children for their paintings/drawings,toys etc all to be ruined. So I hope whoever has done this will be caught and dealt with appropriately. At the very least, hopefully, they will some day realise (if they ever grow up) what an immature and totally disrespectfull act it was to do to the wee ones and of course the playgroup leaders.

telfordstar
16-Feb-10, 20:15
I was horrified to find out my child's playgroup has been vandalised at the weekend. How can any such individual wreck and flood a children's social play group. The mentality of such a person(s) should be attending playschool not vandalising it. It will now be closed for some time as it has to be repainted and needs new carpets, etc and of course their toys and activity items replaced for new. It's so sad on the children for their paintings/drawings,toys etc all to be ruined. So I hope whoever has done this will be caught and dealt with appropriately. At the very least, hopefully, they will some day realise (if they ever grow up) what an immature and totally disrespectfull act it was to do to the wee ones and of course the playgroup leaders.

Thats an absolute disgrace to hear about that, I as well hope that they get caught and dealt with...

Dadie
16-Feb-10, 21:08
I hope they can get a temporary base to operate from.
Its not fair on the wee ones. They miss nursery/playschool when its not on.
I also hope most of the equipment is salvagable as it will cost a small fortune to replace....as for the .........(cant think of a word that wont get me an infraction) are caught and dealt with severly.

jac1791
16-Feb-10, 21:15
this is terrible - hope they find who did it quickly or if anyone hears in the grape vine, they go to the police with the info......

Stavro
16-Feb-10, 21:28
Totally mindless, wanton vandalism! Hopefully the culprits will be caught and dealt with accordingly! Then again, if they are the type to display no shame, it's highly probable that being caught wont make the slightest difference. :roll:

woofit
16-Feb-10, 22:04
Not being funny here...but the 'blackstairs' premises is more than just a playgroup premises, it's also used for youthgroup, jam club etc...it is supposed to offer something to do, for the very plebs that have vandalised it. I really do not get it...why complain there is nothing to do in the town, and then vandalise, what does exist in the community??? I feel so very sad about this, a lot of expensive equipment has been ruined...kids are having to go without. What exactly do these morons gain from this??? I really hope they get caught, (although I doubt this will happen). A bit of graffitti, on an old wall, maybe I can forgive, but this.....is on a different scale. [evil]

wickscorrie
16-Feb-10, 22:13
could they temporarily use the other end of the little nippers.

if they are caught, give them the gloves and paint brush and make them repair the damage and let the bairns watch and see what happens to gits who have no respect for their playgroup

Chardonnay
16-Feb-10, 22:20
Not being funny here...but the 'blackstairs' premises is more than just a playgroup premises, it's also used for youthgroup, jam club etc...it is supposed to offer something to do, for the very plebs that have vandalised it. I really do not get it...why complain there is nothing to do in the town, and then vandalise, what does exist in the community??? I feel so very sad about this, a lot of expensive equipment has been ruined...kids are having to go without. What exactly do these morons gain from this??? I really hope they get caught, (although I doubt this will happen). A bit of graffitti, on an old wall, maybe I can forgive, but this.....is on a different scale. [evil]

The Blackstairs Playgroup is a building to the back of the Youth Club especially for the youngsters. They didn't go near the main youth club.

The Playgroup is temp out of action until it gets renewed. Won't be for long tho.

wicker8
16-Feb-10, 22:25
what ever next that is just scum hope they get them

woofit
16-Feb-10, 22:27
Oh well I stand corrected then! Didn't realise. Not that it makes it any better, tho. I still don't get what people get out of doing this?? They are still morons in my book. Get a hobby I say.

Kevin Milkins
17-Feb-10, 10:29
When did this happen?:confused

Chardonnay
17-Feb-10, 13:32
When did this happen?:confused

Friday 12 February

Ricco
18-Feb-10, 09:33
Probably commited by some teenagers where the brain has become temporarily disconnected by growth hormones for a period of 3 - 5 years. Possibly some relationship to my post in the 'Make up your own rant' thread. ;)

RecQuery
18-Feb-10, 15:31

Stuff like that annoys me. I completely refrained from acting like an idiot when I was younger (in my mid-twenties now). Yet when teenagers do it now they seem to have people clamouring to justiy their bad behaviour and do things for them, building skate parts etc. I'm tempted to try it now see if someone will buy me some gadgets or books.

Angel
18-Feb-10, 23:23
Nobody really cares apart from a few 'oh that is aweful' and 'they should be locked up' etc... these are just words... these 'mindless idiot's' know that. Nothing is going to happen, we want it to, but it won't.

More words coming...

It is sad that society has come to this, but we let it happen all the time. What we want is real law, an enforceable law. With punishment, real punishment. But we won't get it or let it happen, because deep down there is a feeling that if we are ever caught for whatever reason, these laws/punishments will apply to us.

So we say 'awe' and 'stupid morons' etc... Oooh that should scare them away... But we have said it and we can now wash our hands of it and move on.

Angel...

Dadie
19-Feb-10, 15:21
Has the nursery reopened or got temporary accomodation yet?
I would hate for the kids to be missing out because of the vandalism.
My oldest girl gets upset when nursery is on holiday and that is bad enough!

Chardonnay
21-Feb-10, 19:32
Has the nursery reopened or got temporary accomodation yet?
I would hate for the kids to be missing out because of the vandalism.
My oldest girl gets upset when nursery is on holiday and that is bad enough!

Hi the nursery will reopen in a weeks time, yeah they have missed out because of the vandals, poor wee things getting all their toys etc ruined, makes me so mad, their only babies, y trash a kiddies play area!!!

Stavro
21-Feb-10, 19:45
It is sad that society has come to this, ...

Angel...

Yes, very true. There exists a sort of widespread apathy. :eek:

redeyedtreefrog
21-Feb-10, 19:57
Living proof some people should be sterilised.

Blarney
21-Feb-10, 21:12
Living proof some people should be sterilised.
Couldn't agree with you more. Morons breed morons and until we introduce some sort of REAL punishment which will act as a deterrent to moronic behaviour, there will be more and more acts of mindless vandalism and wanton disregard for the property of others. The whole area of crime and punishment needs to be overhauled and idiots like this dealt with appropriately.