PDA

View Full Version : The Scottish national footy team

willowbankbear
11-May-06, 12:41
They are winning 4-1 against Bulgaria, This is not a wind up! Hope its the start of things to come.

Saveman
11-May-06, 12:45
make that 5-1......

willowbankbear
11-May-06, 12:52
Aye Saveman, finished 5-1. Not bad , best win since 1995, Well done Scotland

Saveman
11-May-06, 13:33
Aye Saveman, finished 5-1. Not bad , best win since 1995, Well done Scotland

Well done indeed....that Fletcher bloke looks the biz

George Brims
11-May-06, 17:49
Sorry to put a pin in the balloon, but just where are Bulgaria on the FIFA world rankings? Does this lift Scotland any higher?

Just to cross-reference another thread (slightly), where are Engerland, and why are they so high?

willowbankbear
11-May-06, 18:48
Sorry to put a pin in the balloon, but just where are Bulgaria on the FIFA world rankings? Does this lift Scotland any higher?

Just to cross-reference another thread (slightly), where are Engerland, and why are they so high?

Bulgaria must be higher up than us, Every1 else seems to be

Because they have better players than us, get better results, better looking(wifes opinion) & they are worth more than our lot-on paper.

JimH
11-May-06, 19:08
Bulgaria must be higher up than us, Every1 else seems to be

Because they have better players than us, get better results, better looking(wifes opinion) & they are worth more than our lot-on paper.
Who cares where they are on the FIFA rankings - WELL DONE SCOTLAND v Bulgaria ---5-1

willowbankbear
11-May-06, 19:53
Thats what I said, Well done Scotland & the last time we played England, who won?[lol]

DaScout
11-May-06, 20:21
They are winning 4-1 against Bulgaria, This is not a wind up! Hope its the start of things to come.

WOW DID ANY OF YOUS SEE MY GOAL:eek::eek:

DaScout
11-May-06, 20:24
Yeag I SawŁ Woor Gooak

Funky_Foal
11-May-06, 20:56
stop being silly

Cedric Farthsbottom III
12-May-06, 20:55
I have a dream.....when dreams come true.AHHHH Bonnie Scotland!!!!!!!

Japan the morn' and it might be a cup for Scotland.On the Scots!!!!:D

footie chick
12-May-06, 22:26
go Scotland

Go Gretna!!!:cool:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-May-06, 22:15
go Scotland

Go Gretna!!!:cool:

Hard luck to the Gretna.Scotland won a cup,naw it wisnae a mug,it was a cup.Man,the bee's knees or what.At last we're a success.Things are looking really good for Scotland.Did you see the average age o' the team.......25.Not a single bus pass between them.:lol:

angela5
13-May-06, 22:18
Did you see the average age o' the team.......25.Not a single bus pass between them.:lol:

oh aye cedric, i noticed...[lol]

footie chick
13-May-06, 22:18
Well done scotland 2006 will long be remembered for the year we won a cup:lol:
Hard luck gretna thought they were the better team so was west ham:(

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-May-06, 22:20
oh aye cedric, i noticed...[lol]

Aye Angela,a Scotland team without Zimmers,excellent!!!!!![lol]

footie chick
13-May-06, 22:28
Scotland are improving because of the toffee connections:lol:

JimH
14-May-06, 00:49
Well done scotland 2006 will long be remembered for the year we won a cup:lol:
Hard luck gretna thought they were the better team so was west ham:(
Tell that to Steve Gerrard!

JAWS
14-May-06, 04:01
Scotland improving? A 0-0 draw and half the team booked. :roll:

And which World beating team did they achieve this outstanding feat against?

Japan, a country which has a football history so long that they haven't even had to start cutting the grass on the pitch yet. [lol]

Oddquine
14-May-06, 05:28
Now, now............five of ours to two of theirs.............hardly half the team!

Dunno about world beating, but given they are ranked 17th, and Bulgaria is 30something, and we are ranked 62nd, I think we did well enough to hope that Walter Smith is getting things right. England is only 10th, after all!

you know, yours is the kind of comment which then produces the kind of comment porshiepoo was complaining about on another thread!

pultneytooner
14-May-06, 06:16
Japan has quite a long football history starting in 1921 then affiliated to F.I.F.A since 1929.
Saying that, I think that jaws was fishing and hooked himself an oddquine.

JAWS
14-May-06, 20:20
Japan has quite a long football history starting in 1921 then affiliated to F.I.F.A since 1929.
Saying that, I think that jaws was fishing and hooked himself an oddquine.
The grass grows very, very slowly in Japan, very slowly indeed. :eek:
(I offer my apologies to Japan, my knowledge was obviously lacking)

But to answer oddquine, half of a team of 11 players is 5.5 so five booked is near enough half a team for me.

I did note that Scotland beat Namibia at Cricket though so there's hope yet! :Razz

In all fairness though, I am as embarassed as any Scot about the state of the National Team. I am able, as are many others, to remember the Scotland Teams of the 1960s and 70s and can recall with a great deal of pleasure seeing them play for their various League Teams live, at least those who played in England that is. The Scotland Teams I only saw via TV.
They were good, and at times very good indeed. By comparison the teams of the last few years have been a complete joke and often even worse than a joke.

Coming from the Manchester - Liverpool area I am well aware of what Scots Managers are capable of doing.
Whoever is responsible for the National Team to have ended up in the state it is should be booted out of Scotland and exiled for ever with not event their smallest bone ever returning.

Something went disgracefully wrong somewhere along the line. Surely somebody must have an idea of where. Come on folks, at least try to put an end to my confusion.
(This is not an Englishman gloating, this is that rare endangeed species "an Englishman showing concern. Grab the chance quickly folks, this might be the last occassion you ever come across one)

pultneytooner
14-May-06, 21:04
The grass grows very, very slowly in Japan, very slowly indeed.
(I offer my apologies to Japan, my knowledge was obviously lacking)

But to answer oddquine, half of a team of 11 players is 5.5 so five booked is near enough half a team for me.

I did note that Scotland beat Namibia at Cricket though so there's hope yet! :Razz

In all fairness though, I am as embarassed as any Scot about the state of the National Team. I am able, as are many others, to remember the Scotland Teams of the 1960s and 70s and can recall with a great deal of pleasure seeing them play for their various League Teams live, at least those who played in England that is. The Scotland Teams I only saw via TV.
They were good, and at times very good indeed. By comparison the teams of the last few years have been a complete joke and often even worse than a joke.

Coming from the Manchester - Liverpool area I am well aware of what Scots Managers are capable of doing.
Whoever is responsible for the National Team to have ended up in the state it is should be booted out of Scotland and exiled for ever with not event their smallest bone ever returning.

Something went disgracefully wrong somewhere along the line. Surely somebody must have an idea of where. Come on folks, at least try to put an end to my confusion.
(This is not an Englishman gloating, this is that rare endangeed species "an Englishman showing concern. Grab the chance quickly folks, this might be the last occassion you ever come across one) I seem to remember an all conquering liverpool team that contained not one englishman but hey, maybe I am wrong.;)

JAWS
14-May-06, 21:51
I seem to remember an all conquering liverpool team that contained not one englishman but hey, maybe I am wrong.;)
I don't think it did. I was brought up with Busby and Shanks and they don't come much more dedicated than them.

canuck
14-May-06, 22:01
Canada is ranked 84th, so you can see why soccer doesn't really capture the imagination of too many people in my country.

JAWS
15-May-06, 07:38
Canada is ranked 84th, so you can see why soccer doesn't really capture the imagination of too many people in my country.
That's still two places higher than Scotland.

And I offer my humble apologies for my cynical and totally unwarranted dismissal of Japanese Football. They are placed at 17 the the FIFA World Rankings.

Sorry folks, you're out of luck. I might have to get used to the taste of Humble Pie but Hari-kiri is totally out of the question, it leaves such a mess for others to clean up. :Razz