PDA

View Full Version : Snow

sam
16-Feb-10, 12:09
According to the bbc website there is a lot more on the way:eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8517585.stm

bekisman
16-Feb-10, 13:11
Snowing here at Forss (not heavy, but it is snowing)

dirdyweeker
16-Feb-10, 13:34
Winter wonderland from Perth to Inverness
but roads are open. Travelling to Wick later
so hope weather holds. Inverness is white.

bekisman
16-Feb-10, 14:25
Snowing here at Forss (not heavy, but it is snowing)

It's stopped again....

ducati
16-Feb-10, 14:38
It's stopped again....

Are you going to do that all day? :eek:

Iffy
16-Feb-10, 15:00
Maybe Tugmistress could give us one of her proper forecasts as to what'll happen o'er the next few days ?? :)

bekisman
16-Feb-10, 15:11
Are you going to do that all day? :eek:

why not - does it bother you?

slinky
16-Feb-10, 15:13
lol u tell him :)

Vistravi
16-Feb-10, 16:43
Snowed all morning but its fluffy light stuff. Of ocurse though it started as soon as i got into work and i only have a jacket and my trainers. No scarf or boots :eek: Its been raining/sleet falling for a couple of hours now and is washing it all away again.

Tugmistress
16-Feb-10, 17:57
Maybe Tugmistress could give us one of her proper forecasts as to what'll happen o'er the next few days ?? :)

lol not sure about it being a 'proper' forecast, don't think i am politically correct enough for that :p
anyway ....
ok i've looked up til sunday - it's definately snow on high ground right til then, the coastal areas may see sleet or snow, if the nights are clear there will more than likely be freezing temps, possibly down as low as minus 2 or 3c, if cloudy then more like 0 or 1c.
it wont be solid snow, there will be some sunny spells too so it's not all doom and gloom.
winds are easing off as you can already feel and if it's snowing then don't be afraid to go anywhere it shouldn't be drifting, just be aware of road conditions and that a lot of roads will just be gritted not salted.
i don't think we'll see any great accumulations again especially round the coast but inland like halkirk, spittal etc could have enough for kids to get the sledges out again.

i'm away until friday morning after tonight but i'll look at the charts again on friday afternoon and let you know what early next week has in store if you like?

wrap up warm folks those woolly knickers should still be useful for a while yet! [lol]

Bazeye
16-Feb-10, 18:34
Are the trains ok from Inverness to Thurso today?

Iffy
16-Feb-10, 18:51
Thanks for that Tuggs!
Sorry, but I trust your forecasts rather than anyone else's !! ;)

ducati
16-Feb-10, 19:08

Not in the least, a very useful service. Saves looking out the window and everything. :lol:

annemarie482
16-Feb-10, 22:16
looking at the live eye, berridale got a fair bit o snow and inverness, huntly and south horrendous!

any snow in caithness yet?

cesare
16-Feb-10, 22:20
nothin yet cant wait........hope it comes down like 10 feet lol i Hearts<3 the Snow

Venture
18-Feb-10, 23:46
Well it's back again. I couldn't believe it when I looked out to see the ground white. Hopefully it won't come to much.

shazzap
18-Feb-10, 23:50
I looked out the window and said, oh no not again.

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-10, 23:53
Dont want more snow! :~(

Going to Ness on monday aswell for a hospital app so i hope its clear for then. :(

shazzap
19-Feb-10, 00:01
Dont want more snow! :~(

Going to Ness on monday aswell for a hospital app so i hope its clear for then. :(

I am glad i can have my hospital appointments here. It would be a pain in the proverbial with my leg travelling all the way to Inverness.

ShelleyCowie
19-Feb-10, 00:08
I am glad i can have my hospital appointments here. It would be a pain in the proverbial with my leg travelling all the way to Inverness.

Oh its not a serious appointment, could be cancelled if necessary but i have been waiting for this appointment for nearly 7 years and i aint cancelling!!! [lol]

shazzap
19-Feb-10, 00:20
Oh its not a serious appointment, could be cancelled if necessary but i have been waiting for this appointment for nearly 7 years and i aint cancelling!!! [lol]

Serious or not which by the way i'm glad it's the latter.
It is a long way to go, especially if by train.
There should be a faster more direct train service.
4 and half hours is a long time for the distance.

annemarie482
19-Feb-10, 08:38
well the snow is back..........