PDA

View Full Version : "Sod's law"

annemarie482
15-Feb-10, 13:59
sorry if the above is an infraction but bear with me.......

if we were to create a book of "sod's" law (or murphy's law as its known).....

what laws would be in it?
what would you put in it!

this could be fun!:lol:

i mean obviously you'd have the usual ones like:

if i put out washing it will rain

the week i don't put on the lottery my numbers will come out

etc.....

riggerboy
15-Feb-10, 14:58
if i dont answer this thread

someone else will

brandy
15-Feb-10, 15:04
it never fails if i go to buy something for myself or the kids.. thats on sale and a great price they will have every size under the sun bar the one im needing!

Thumper
15-Feb-10, 15:26
Always meet somone I know when I have just popped out for something in skanky clothes and no make up-happens everytime!:eek: x

northener
15-Feb-10, 15:48
Always meet somone I know when I have just popped out for something in skanky clothes and no make up-happens everytime!:eek: x

Slapper.:Razz

Venture
15-Feb-10, 16:34
Why is it when the house is all neat and tidy, nobody visits? When it's like a bomb struck it, someone always arrives unexpectedly.;)

BRIE
15-Feb-10, 16:47
your favourite clothes are always in the wash when you decide to go somewhere special!

Toast always falls butter side down.

The day you decide to have a barbeque it rains.

If you go abroad in summer the week your away the weather glorious at home.

Whenever you mop the floor someone always comes in with dirty shoes.

Your car breaks down where theres no mobile phone signal.

The phone or doorbell rings just as you've sat on the loo!

just a few of mine![lol]

northener
15-Feb-10, 16:51
You spend eight billion pounds on a part made from purest unobtainable for your car that take nine months to be delivered and fitted, only to be told by a bloke in the pub that he's just sold one for a tenner last week......[disgust]

Thumper
15-Feb-10, 18:14
Slapper.:Razz

Oi!Cheeky!Thats Ms slapper to you ;) x

DeHaviLand
15-Feb-10, 18:23

Any time I've seen you, you've always been impeccably dressed. Dont think it'll be like that the next time I see you though ;);)

Venture
15-Feb-10, 18:26
Any time I've seen you, you've always been impeccably dressed. Dont think it'll be like that the next time I see you though ;);)

.....right Thumper, spill the beans.:lol:

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-10, 18:47
your favourite clothes are always in the wash when you decide to go somewhere special!

just a few of mine![lol]

Agree with a few there....everytime i go to the loo someone phones or knocks at the door!

One of mine....i leave the house with the pram, weather looks awsome. Starts to rain half way down the street and i left the rain cover at home!

onecalledk
15-Feb-10, 19:33

just a few of mine![lol]

toast will always fall butter side down cos that side is heavier than the unbuttered side ..... ;)

Thumper
15-Feb-10, 19:47
Any time I've seen you, you've always been impeccably dressed. Dont think it'll be like that the next time I see you though

Aww thank you!:D You are right though the next time you see me I will be wearing a lot less than other times :eek::lol: x

Thumper
15-Feb-10, 19:48
.....right Thumper, spill the beans.:lol:

I could tell you,but then I would have to kill ya ;):lol: x

joxville
15-Feb-10, 19:49
No matter what you say, there will be an offended person somewhere.

floyed
15-Feb-10, 19:53
I just got a book for my birthday from a very good friend that is called Ms Murphy,s Law. So here is a few i like out of it-

1.Toddlers never use the Avon play lipstick. Only the Estee Lauder.

2. In the unlikely event that the entire family has gone out for the
evening and you are watching a very good film, they will break down
and be back,full of who did what and what the policeman said, just in
time to drown out the climax.

3. MOTHER-IN-LAWS RULES-
Every housewife has her blind spot. This will prove to be her mother-
in-law's fetish.

4. All dresses at sales are size 10 - unless you wear size 10, then they are
size 20.

unicorn
15-Feb-10, 20:11
As soon as you have a mouthful of crisps the phone will ring.

changilass
15-Feb-10, 20:14
lol Unicorn, you been pebble dashing the walls?

unicorn
15-Feb-10, 20:15
Just thought of another
be in all week and never leave the house, go out for 20 minutes and the postie will have left a card with a delivery to be picked up from post office. I hate that.

lister
15-Feb-10, 20:25
No matter what ye mean there's always someone determined to see" less then ther is in everything!!!"

How about listers law:There will always be the unimaginative and surreal poster ready to disrespect and condemn the original lighthearted poster with their common "CLEAKY" goal of contempt and hyperbole with there uncouth ed sarcastic and unfunny posts, disgusting and deliberately childish,sinister,underhanded and above all stupid remarks against the truthful and real NEW posters of today.
They feel the newness of the org and don't like it ,so clam together like barnacle's on the rock of dysfunction and compete for the right to be the most idiotic and unfunny,irrelevant,UN-moralistic and above all blatantly neolithic viewed missing links of life,more to be pitied than laughed at,although i do,,all the time when ever they post,I'm surprised they can walk upright in there guise as humans let alone type..hehehe
Nyer... hurt the new,,,Nyer.... sarcasm is rule,,,Nyer,,I'm am the org..Nyer I have the only opinion,,NYerrrrrrr what a laugh we have at you ..what a joke ye have become in this new org which has, for the 1st time,made in the contempt YOU have created...its you who have done the groundwork..its you who have created the new org.Its not yours anymore.
Freedom is a word,,its also a new beginning.

Smote the old,dysfunctional orgers with their contempt for genuine posters with real opinions and real lives with real experiences..
They have been outed and in some cases smoted good.;)

Leanne
15-Feb-10, 20:25
If you are late you always get stuck at every set of traffic lights and stuck behind a slow driver. On time and you sail through...

Not that that rule really applies up here thank god :)

unicorn
15-Feb-10, 20:28
No matter how hard you try to move on there is always someone who is willing to try to drag you back down to their level.

Kenn
15-Feb-10, 20:29
The problem with Murphy's law is the probabilty that the improbable will not happen but then again it just might.

lister
15-Feb-10, 20:35
The problem with Murphy's law is the probabilty that the improbable will not happen but then again it just might.
And always at an inappropriate time as well,,,aye true..:Razz

northener
15-Feb-10, 20:36
No matter what ye mean there's always someone determined to see" less then ther is in everything!!!"

How about listers law:There will always be the unimaginative and surreal poster ready to disrespect and condemn the original lighthearted poster with their common "CLEAKY" goal of contempt and hyperbole with there uncouth ed sarcastic and unfunny posts, disgusting and deliberately childish,sinister,underhanded and above all stupid remarks against the truthful and real NEW posters of today.
They feel the newness of the org and don't like it ,so clam together like barnacle's on the rock of dysfunction and compete for the right to be the most idiotic and unfunny,irrelevant,UN-moralistic and above all blatantly neolithic viewed missing links of life,more to be pitied than laughed at,although i do,,all the time when ever they post,I'm surprised they can walk upright in there guise as humans let alone type..hehehe
Nyer... hurt the new,,,Nyer.... sarcasm is rule,,,Nyer,,I'm am the org..Nyer I have the only opinion,,NYerrrrrrr what a laugh we have at you ..what a joke ye have become in this new org which has, for the 1st time,made in the contempt YOU have created...its you who have done the groundwork..its you who have created the new org.Its not yours anymore.

Smote the old,dysfunctional orgers with their contempt for genuine posters with real opinions and real lives with real experiences..

Aaaaand relax......

northener
15-Feb-10, 20:37
Never mind all this guff.

I want to know what's going on betweend Thumps and DH.....

lister
15-Feb-10, 20:46
Aaaaand relax......

What a beautifully baited reposte there from a nonentity,oh how i look forward with baited breath from the retorts to which you give such enigmatic repartee...wonderful..just wonderful replies..i look forward to more dear boy..i feel i have learned nothing about forums as yet..;)
You still read it though..does its job eh?,,hehehehe

joxville
15-Feb-10, 20:52

Vini, vidi and whatever is Latin for pished masel laughin.

Dadie
15-Feb-10, 21:45
If you are running late 1 child wont be able to find their shoes.
As soon as you get all 3 in the car 1 will need a pee.
When you get them back in the car you will notice a nasty smell from the little one which involves a nappy change!
Someone will fall/jump in a puddle!
You will be late!
Them when you arrive you will find out the kids are immaculate but you have baby sick / cereal / snot trails (thanks to the kids) on you.

Puddles are best to be jumped in when wearing a party dress on the way to the party!

If you think you look brill someone will ask if you are ill / put on weight

Thumper
15-Feb-10, 22:11
Theres alway somebody around to see you make a tit of yourself but never anyone around to see you do something great!x

northener
15-Feb-10, 22:21
What a beautifully baited reposte there from a nonentity,oh how i look forward with baited breath from the retorts to which you give such enigmatic repartee...wonderful..just wonderful replies..i look forward to more dear boy..i feel i have learned nothing about forums as yet..;)

.........eh?:eek:

Lister - put the bottle down and walk away slowly......:Razz

Dadie
15-Feb-10, 22:21
With small children and babies
If you take the changing bag with you 9 out of 10 times nothing will be needed
But if you just nip out without it you will find out you could do with all the contents of the bag!

You will find "bits" of a real christmas tree in june

Vistravi
16-Feb-10, 16:41
With my cat if i wear trousers in which her fur just brushes of with my hand she won't go on my lap...but if i wear trousers that her fur glues itself on to then she is all over me :eek:

changilass
16-Feb-10, 17:09
When wanting to hire acroprops they are already out on hire.

tonkatojo
16-Feb-10, 17:38
When wanting to hire acroprops they are already out on hire.

It would be "sods law" if you did hire them and found they were no bliddy use for the job your doing. (putting up plasterboard for instance LOL).

ducati
16-Feb-10, 18:22

Do we have any more nutters? There has been a lot of demand recently.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
16-Feb-10, 18:59
Sods(Murphys)Law is when on a long train journey ye are absolutely bursting for a jobby.Ye run off the train,run along the platform.Put yer 20p in the slot,run into the loo.Pick a cubicle,give one of the biggest sighs of yer life,then realise ye have picked the cubicle with a postage stamp worth of loo paper left in it.:eek::eek:

Leanne
16-Feb-10, 20:12
With my cat if i wear trousers in which her fur just brushes of with my hand she won't go on my lap...but if i wear trousers that her fur glues itself on to then she is all over me :eek:

Or the hairs that you cannot get off for the life of you jump off and end up in the MIL's cuppa :roll:

annemarie482
16-Feb-10, 21:45
Sods(Murphys)Law is when on a long train journey ye are absolutely bursting for a jobby.Ye run off the train,run along the platform.Put yer 20p in the slot,run into the loo.Pick a cubicle,give one of the biggest sighs of yer life,then realise ye have picked the cubicle with a postage stamp worth of loo paper left in it.:eek::eek:

hee hee you had me giggling there!:lol:

Angela
17-Feb-10, 10:56
You get up early and wait in all day from 7am for a delivery that appears at the very last gasp -or not at all. If you nip out for 5 minutes it arrives and is taken away again.

The one basic item you go out specially to buy is unprecedentedly sold out.

You take your umbrella with you and the sun comes out. You leave your umbrella at home and obviously it rains.

You change into your best top to go out and just before you do, manage to get butter/ jam/ toothpaste in a prominent spot down your front.

When someone posts to a forum about spring arriving.... it snows the very next day.....;)

upolian
17-Feb-10, 11:25
you walk on the same pavement everyday but you only trip on a certain bump when a car is passing or somebody is there to see it! sods law!

BRIE
17-Feb-10, 11:38
you walk on the same pavement everyday but you only trip on a certain bump when a car is passing or somebody is there to see it! sods law!

that reminded me of a farmer I saw last week, he was putting up new fencing & had reached over the fence to get his shovel just as i drove past, you guessed it he lost his balance & went head first over the fence!!:lol: I nearly crashed the car with laughing![lol]

upolian
17-Feb-10, 11:45
that reminded me of a farmer I saw last week, he was putting up new fencing & had reached over the fence to get his shovel just as i drove past, you guessed it he lost his balance & went head first over the fence!!:lol: I nearly crashed the car with laughing![lol]

HAHAHAHAHA now that would have been funny to see! If i ever trip i look behind me quickly to see whos just seen me make a prat of myself [lol]

DeHaviLand
17-Feb-10, 12:46
if you take a taxi home from your birthday afternoon session in the pub, and insist on walking the last 300 yards, with your hands deep in your coat pockets, you will fall face down on your gravel driveway, leaving you with multiple cuts and a burst nose. Sods law!:roll::~(

northener
17-Feb-10, 12:50
if you take a taxi home from your birthday afternoon session in the pub, and insist on walking the last 300 yards, with your hands deep in your coat pockets, you will fall face down on your gravel driveway, leaving you with multiple cuts and a burst nose. Sods law!:roll::~(

Thats what you get for being a tightarse and trying to save on cab fares....:Razz

DeHaviLand
17-Feb-10, 12:57
Thats what you get for being a tightarse and trying to save on cab fares....:Razz

No, thats what I get for trying to save the cabbie from driving up the bumpy track that leads to my house.

northener
17-Feb-10, 13:02
No, thats what I get for trying to save the cabbie from driving up the bumpy track that leads to my house.

If it was a Wick taxi DH, they'd view it as an offroad challenge... not that they'd be any good at it, mind.