PDA

View Full Version : How to check your Mobiles serial No

golach
10-May-06, 19:33
To check your mobiles phones secret serial number, press these keys:STAR HASH ZERO SIX HASH i.e. *#06# This will display your Mobiles unique serial number. Note this number down and keep in a safe place.
So if some towrag lowlife steals or finds your phone, you can phone your service provider and give them this serial No, They then can block your handset so that, even if the thief changes the Sim card, your phone will be useless. You probably will not get your phone back, but at least whoever stole it cant use it or sell it (to buy drugs probably)

Ricco
10-May-06, 22:21
To check your mobiles phones secret serial number, press these keys:STAR HASH ZERO SIX HASH i.e. *#06# This will display your Mobiles unique serial number. Note this number down and keep in a safe place.
So if some towrag lowlife steals or finds your phone, you can phone your service provider and give them this serial No, They then can block your handset so that, even if the thief changes the Sim card, your phone will be useless. You probably will not get your phone back, but at least whoever stole it cant use it or sell it (to buy drugs probably)

Cheers, Golach. I have been desperately trying to remember what that code was.

Thanks.