PDA

View Full Version : When you die.....

northener
15-Feb-10, 10:59
..what sort of a send-off (if any) do you want?

ducati
15-Feb-10, 11:19
Feed me to the cats

pat
15-Feb-10, 11:30
Could not care less, life is over.

Use any part of me for anyone else first please

Dispose of me how you will after that - the more environmental the better - you can shove me in a hessian bag with a few stones for weights and over the side or buried in a willow basket where no one will accidentally come across me.

Definitely no flowers - if anyone wishes they could donate money to a local charity or one I support, up to them

Mourning and show is for the living to help them go through the farewell phase of death.

The only thing I would do is give my pals a couple of quid to have a meal or drink on me as they feel fit.

riggerboy
15-Feb-10, 11:36
when i die you can bury me upside down,

old poem

when i`m in a working mood
i worry work and think

when i`m i drunken mood
i gamble p[lay and drink

and when my moods are over
and my time has come to pass

i hope they bury me
upside down so the world

can kiss my

BRIE
15-Feb-10, 11:56
I want a good send off!
I would like to be carried into the church by pallbearers this is my main specification! Every funeral Ive been to up here always has the coffin placed at the front of the church before mourners arrive.
Id like a dvd showing photos of my life playing to show that i enjoyed every minute of it!
carry me out to 'fields of gold'
place lots of flowers on my grave
& then have a big party to celebrate my life, I want everyone to remember my send off as a good thing not a sad thing.

Rictina
15-Feb-10, 12:06
Oh what a horrible thought, LOL. ;)[lol]

Vistravi
15-Feb-10, 12:52
Cremated and thrown out to sea ;)

Thumper
15-Feb-10, 12:52
I am easily pleased,I want white lillies(my favourtie flower) and buried with my trainers on-if I have to wander the afterlife I want comfy feet ;) oh and there will be an invitation list,cant stand the thought of hypocrites at my funeral :eek: x

cesare
15-Feb-10, 13:00
i want cremated and the ashes put into a rocket and shot into space

brandy
15-Feb-10, 13:24
brie i want pretty much the same as you... i want the mourning to be tempered with happy thoughts.. and that people remember that while they may mourn me ... its that we are no longer on the same plane but will meet up another day.. and to remember me fondly..and all the good times we have had over the years. goodbye are not forever.. and we will all have a party when we see each other again!

_Ju_
15-Feb-10, 13:25
when i die you can bury me upside down,

old poem

when i`m in a working mood
i worry work and think

when i`m i drunken mood
i gamble p[lay and drink

and when my moods are over
and my time has come to pass

i hope they bury me
upside down so the world

can kiss my
Either that or use you to park bikes (as they say in Holland!)

Connor.
15-Feb-10, 14:32
House of Pain - Jump Around as my funeral song.

That's all, i don't believe in afterlife/any religion so couldn't care less. But as long as that song is played at my funeral, my life was worth living.

Tom Cornwall
15-Feb-10, 14:56
we want our ashes to be scattered over Shelligo Braes....at Lybster

Ricco
15-Feb-10, 16:12
i want cremated and the ashes put into a rocket and shot into space

...or have them coverted into a diamond - much prettier.

Me - I want everyone to have a great party (I know that I would want to be there) and have my ashes scattered off some wild cliffs somewhere so my spirit is free to fly the winds. :)

northener
15-Feb-10, 16:38
House of Pain - Jump Around as my funeral song.

That's all, i don't believe in afterlife/any religion so couldn't care less. But as long as that song is played at my funeral, my life was worth living.

Boom Shalock Lock Boom.....;)

BRIE
15-Feb-10, 16:56
My dad want 'Isnt It Grand' played at his funeral. I would post the lyrics but id get banned!:lol:
http://www.irish-song-lyrics.com/Isnt_It_Grand_Boys.shtml but there here if you want to see to see a funnier side of funerals[lol]

Jeid
15-Feb-10, 17:27
I want there to be a heavy rock band playing at my wake. Preferably playing songs related to death... I'd want to go to that wake. Actually, I'm gonna arrange that funeral for someone else so I can go to that wake!

Invisible
15-Feb-10, 17:46
I would like the theme from Boondock Saints to be played at my funeral. I would like to ask Gene Simmons if I could get a KISS coffin.

Bazeye
15-Feb-10, 17:58
Just shove me in the bus shelter at Portgower.

ducati
15-Feb-10, 18:06
Just shove me in the bus shelter at Portgower.

I was there the other day, it is taken :eek:

danc1ngwitch
15-Feb-10, 19:19
Ermm, I give thanks for the morning light,
I am strength in this life.
I would not want wise ones turning to fools.
When my time comes to move on,
I will ask for a Death song,
In it my dearest loved ones will be strong.
I live on in my children.;)

onecalledk
15-Feb-10, 19:28
as death is just a bridge we walk over when we leave our physical bodies perhaps it would be good to meet up with those who state there is no afterlife and get their views then ? ;)

spaceddaisy
15-Feb-10, 20:10
I want to be cremated and as my body is being taken in behind the curtains I want arrow's feeling hot hot hot played.

I'm not religious so would hate to have any form of prayer or hymn there.

Other than that I'm really not that bothered, it's just a body afterall.

pat
15-Feb-10, 20:10
Thanks Thumper for reminding me

Totally Agree with you on hypocrites -

already in my will for my funeral to be private so the hypocrites do not appear and no flowers. If it is anything else I wil come back and haunt whoever arranges my funeral.

Brie - thanks for that link - that is my thoughts to a T, could not have said it better.

cuddlepop
15-Feb-10, 21:32
I love Randy Crawfords,"One day I'll flyaway" to be played as my ashes are scattered over the sea from a cliff top yet to be found.:D

squidge
15-Feb-10, 23:59
Cardboard Coffin, Tree planted at my head, lots of laughter, lots of music and dancing, lots of flowers but no wreaths or expensive bouquets, bunches bought from tesco will be fine. Anyone to speak if they want and say (nice I hope) things about me. To be honest i would like all the things that we had when we got married all over again for everyone to enjoy and remember me by. They can have whatever music they like as long as they enjoy it

Fran
16-Feb-10, 00:09
I have always wanted to go in a horse and carriage, like the one jocky sutherland had. his 2 grey horses grew up at the bottom of the road. My service will bein old parish church where "himselfs" funeral was and then i will join him in wick cemetry.
If people didnt bother with me when i was alive i hope they wont come to my funeral. i hate seeing that at funerals.

brandy
16-Feb-10, 00:36
i thought about the whole diamond thing.. but just think.. a few years down the line.. your grandchild wants to make a few extra quid and sells you off.

sweetpea
16-Feb-10, 02:03
I have always wanted to go in a horse and carriage, like the one jocky sutherland had. his 2 grey horses grew up at the bottom of the road. My service will bein old parish church where "himselfs" funeral was and then i will join him in wick cemetry.
If people didnt bother with me when i was alive i hope they wont come to my funeral. i hate seeing that at funerals.

I agree theres some professional mourners going around!

lister
16-Feb-10, 05:53
"see ya later aligator".
;)

Bazeye
16-Feb-10, 18:47
I agree theres some professional mourners going around!

Some people will do anything for a free feed.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
16-Feb-10, 19:30
Its in ma Will.

Cut me up and chop me up
Add a wee bit aw Basil
Dinnae cook me for very long
Well a dinnae want tae frazzle

Serve me up to ma mournin guests
The drinks will be free for aw
But if its Spaghetti Bolognese
Watch oot if ye get a meatbaw

Tom Cornwall
17-Feb-10, 11:21
I love Randy Crawfords,"One day I'll flyaway" to be played as my ashes are scattered over the sea from a cliff top yet to be found.:D

try Shelligoe Braes at Lybster

Invisible
17-Feb-10, 21:29
I would like the theme from Boondock Saints to be played at my funeral. I would like to ask Gene Simmons if I could get a KISS coffin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hClyvvZh3w - that song

bluechesse
17-Feb-10, 23:22
I dont really beleive in the afterlife or any of that tosh.

But I would like to be cremated.
And my ashes put in an urn and placed in the middle of the playboy mansion. Just in case........

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-10, 00:00
I just hope my initial send off is not at the hands of a demented washed up journalist.

;)

northener
18-Feb-10, 00:36
I just hope my initial send off is not at the hands of a demented washed up journalist.

;)

I'd hide all the pilllows if I were you, BB.:eek: