PDA

View Full Version : valentines day

wicker8
14-Feb-10, 16:03
hi all what did you get on valentines day or not get ???

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-10, 16:10
Twilight on blu ray! :Razz Didnt want flowers or anything like that. Got a card too but i havent opened it yet because my OH is still in bed from being on night shift. Im waiting til he gets up so we can open our cards together!

Brodar
14-Feb-10, 16:11
I got a big bouquet of flowers delivered this morning.

teenybash
14-Feb-10, 16:14
I was gob smacked when I got a new laptop for my Valentine's gift.....no card though, but I am not complaining:)

madmissus
14-Feb-10, 16:32
well i got the flowers and the chocs from the OH, the card came from No 2 son so i can't complain!!!:D

Invisible
14-Feb-10, 16:36
a hangover

crayola
14-Feb-10, 16:43
hi all what did you get on valentines day or not get ???
Nothing. But I didn't expect anything from anyone so I'm not disappointed. :lol:

BRIE
14-Feb-10, 17:55
I usually get a dozen roses & chocs but I said I didnt want anything this year as we could put the money to better use! I got a lovely surprise though when he presented me with a pair of GHD's!! One delighted girlfriend :D

Rictina
14-Feb-10, 18:18
We celebrate the 15th of Feb, as that is the aniversary of when we first met 19 yrs ago. ;)

Leanne
14-Feb-10, 18:23
I got his and her egg cups and cosyies. Plus breakfast in bed. I got him an old fashioned kettle. Not exactly romantic eh?

trinkie
14-Feb-10, 18:32
And did you get what you wanted from this life, even so ?
I did.
And what did you want ?
To call myself beloved, to feel myself beloved on the earth.

'Late Fragment' Raymond Carver.

Connor.
14-Feb-10, 18:33
I got the girlfriend a rose for each month we've been going out.

Also went to the place we first kissed and had a picnic [para]

froal
14-Feb-10, 19:16
I recieved choc's and a teddie & a card too......!! :) all from you know who
Tesco's :Razz:lol:

Invisible
14-Feb-10, 20:53
Roses are Red, Violets are blue, you may have sent a Valentines card to your your missus but John Terry has done too!

Vistravi
14-Feb-10, 21:27
I was gob smacked when I got a new laptop for my Valentine's gift.....no card though, but I am not complaining:)

A laptop miles better than a card ;)

My partner gave me a heart shaped cookie that he spotted in tescos. He thought it was cute and tasty looking lol. We don't bother with valentimes day but he couldn't resist. We split it in two and he got the bigger half :D

Vistravi
14-Feb-10, 21:28
I got his and her egg cups and cosyies. Plus breakfast in bed. I got him an old fashioned kettle. Not exactly romantic eh?

If its what he likes then thats what counts ;)

highlander
14-Feb-10, 22:08
Twilight on blu ray! :Razz Didnt want flowers or anything like that. Got a card too but i havent opened it yet because my OH is still in bed from being on night shift. Im waiting til he gets up so we can open our cards together!

Awwwwwwwww thats so lovely

brandy
14-Feb-10, 22:28
got a teddy, flowers, choccies and cards.. its lovely and i appreicate it but i just dont feel it as much anymore.. Tom was burried on valentines day.. so its poignet for me as well...

girnigoe
14-Feb-10, 22:46
I got taken out for my Dinner to the Norseman. All courtesy of my daughter!!!.... :)

I have been thinkin of you Brandy as I thought the anniversary of Toms Birth was around now :( Hope you are all ok. x

annemarie482
14-Feb-10, 22:53
i got a huge bunch of roses and a big box of chocs delivered to me this morning with a lovely card full of heartfelt words.
amazing considering he's working offshore in turkey!
delighted!
it was our 7 year anniversary yesterday:)

its the first time in 3 years i haven't had a card he's drunkenly written at two in the morning, in front of me, the night before!

one year it actually said
to(himself)
love from (himself)! :lol:
imagine his horror in the morning! lol

you gotta love him!

purplelady
14-Feb-10, 23:31
I got to spend the weekend with the love of my life but he also brought me a box of heart shaped chocs some perfume a lovely bok full od thing he says he wants to say but never can find the words and a lovely card that was more like a book x

brandy
14-Feb-10, 23:38
all is well here.. he would have been three on the 6th.. we have a little family traditon that on his birthday.. amanda makes up a beautiful arrangment for him in the shape of his age.. and we take a half dozen balloons to the cemetary and release them. so that tom can have balloons on his birthday.. its very nice.. and we watch the balloons until we cant see them anymore.. then take the kids out somewhere and just have a family day.. *Grins*
sam and ben came home yesterday with Don in tow from the town with all my valentines pressies.. *Grins* they were so puffed up and proud of the teddy they got me. ben picked it out.. sam was overuled.. he wanted to get the red heart headband..*laughs*
but was all giggly and bouncy that they had got me the best teddy in the whole world!

BRIE
15-Feb-10, 09:55
That is a lovely way to celebrate Toms birthday Brandy Im sure he loves it! time passes so quickly cant believe he would be 3 already :(
sending big hugs your way.x

trix
15-Feb-10, 18:45
i wis hevin a party on seturday nite an as i wis minglin wi' ma guests.....'e door went.
i waited a menid as all ma guests were telt til choost come in an go strait up 'e stairs.
when nobody appeared i went doon an here wis a taxi manie stan'in wi flooers, chocolates an wine all fancy wrapped up wi a cairdy that choost hed a number on'ed an a "guess who" :confused

now, am far too cool an sophisticated til be fonin unknown numbers so i took 'e caird til ma work til show 'e girls an they wis all at me til fone....but i widna.

later in aday i wis tryin til get some information aboot a wifie who wisna weel. tried all her faimly's numbers but couldna get anyone when i spotted her sons mobile number. i thot, "am gona fone 'iss cheil til ask aboot his mam".

never got an answer but after a couple o' menids i thot......"had on a menid....ah recognise 'at number" i checkt 'e cairdy an....aye....it wis 'e same number!!!
i nearly pee'd ma pants laughin, so did miranda.....[lol]

i know fa'ed wis......an it wis a nice thocht ;)

miranda
15-Feb-10, 19:04
chuckle chuckle:lol:
Your face was a picture on saturday night when u recieved them and again today when we realised who sent them!!!
Its not often i see trix lost for words but...her jaw hit the floor.!!!!!

It was priceless:D