PDA

View Full Version : Trees

MR J
10-May-06, 08:15
Anyone noticed that a team of wood butchers were in the square at Thurso Yesterday?

Sianymo
10-May-06, 08:33
In their defence... The trees are all knackered as they were over pruned for years by people with not a clue.. they are also past their best before date - the bark is all falling off and they are dying. These types of tree would normally have a lifespan of about 80 years, and they have been there for about 90, so I understand.

I think the plan is to take up 1 or 2 at a time and re-plant.

I too was annoyed when I first heard that the council wanted to tear them all up but I went and asked the questions to find out why... and they have a point.

:D

MR J
10-May-06, 16:52
Fair doos.....I suppose it will help with the starling problems as well:rolleyes:

Fran
10-May-06, 22:35
It will be terrible to do away with the trees in the square, Thurso wouldnt be the same, its like a landmark. i notice the fairy lights are still around the trees. they look so lovely with the blue lights at christmas,

William
11-May-06, 01:09
they look so lovely with the blue lights at christmas,

I totally agree they look really good with the blue lights on but they are still on at nights just now till just after midnight or so.

JAWS
11-May-06, 01:32
Perhaps they could replace them with fairly well grown young oak trees, they should outlive the square.
I understand yew trees last a bit longer than 80 years as well.