PDA

View Full Version : Last Woman Standing

Boozeburglar
13-Feb-10, 14:55
I am not a big TV person, although I have a big TV or two.

I think this was the best show so far from this lot.

It was filmed beautifully, in a beautiful place with beautiful people and the competition element took second place to the central theme of the show, which was bonding amongst strong women.

Very touching, and goes to show that quasi-reality/documentary 'game' shows can actually provide something more than just sensationalist filler for the red tops.

The BBC can still commission excellent programmes.

Available on iPlayer, can't wait for the next one.

:)

northener
13-Feb-10, 15:50
I am not a big TV person, although I have a big TV or two.

I think this was the best show so far from this lot.

It was filmed beautifully, in a beautiful place with beautiful people and the competition element took second place to the central theme of the show, which was bonding amongst strong women.

Very touching, and goes to show that quasi-reality/documentary 'game' shows can actually provide something more than just sensationalist filler for the red tops.

The BBC can still commission excellent programmes.

Available on iPlayer, can't wait for the next one.

:)

I've not seen this yet, BB. But I was a big fan of the original 'Last Man Standing'. I initially thought it would be the usual posturing cobblers by a group of poseurs - but it was actually very good...and tough.

I must look out for the Girly one then.

annemarie482
14-Feb-10, 11:52
i loved watching last man standing, it was brilliant! not all niceties either, which made it all the more enjoyable! have seeen trailer for the womens version but have yet to watch it.........i will though:)