PDA

View Full Version : phone and broadband

pirateeye
12-Feb-10, 22:06
looking for advice for getting phone and broadband (as a package together preferably)
anyone got an idea of the cheapest and best deals?

is broadband in the thurso area? a few people have mentioned talktalk charge an extra tenner a month because of something to do with broadband...?

any advice much appreciated:)

Mik.M.
12-Feb-10, 22:14
We switched to Talk Talk for the "free broadband". Over a year later we were still not getting it because they didn`t know when Thurso was being switched over.(Thats what they told us) Went back to BT seeing as we`ve been paying them for broadband since we came up over 2 years ago. Do a search on any of the comparison websites.Mik.

Kevin Milkins
12-Feb-10, 22:19
I am having a look at switching all my utility's to this company.

https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/home/index.taf?exref=C90081

ShelleyCowie
12-Feb-10, 22:26
Im with BT. I would say its probably not the cheapest out there, but i get speeds of about 7meg.

I would say dont go with someone because they are the cheapest. I have a friend who is with "Virgin" and he says the customer service is awful, the worst ever. He has had problems since he started with them to do with line quality and they are doin nothin about it.

Look at customer reviews and things.

telfordstar
12-Feb-10, 23:01
Im with sky for phone,line calls and broadband never had a problem yet.

pirateeye
12-Feb-10, 23:14
thank you 4 reply helpful.:)

EDDIE
13-Feb-10, 18:37
Im with BT. I would say its probably not the cheapest out there, but i get speeds of about 7meg.

I would say dont go with someone because they are the cheapest. I have a friend who is with "Virgin" and he says the customer service is awful, the worst ever. He has had problems since he started with them to do with line quality and they are doin nothin about it.

Look at customer reviews and things.

Totally agree with you im with orange and the speed is slow im thinking about going back to bt and pay a little bit more for a better service

Bobbin
13-Feb-10, 18:53
Im with sky for phone,line calls and broadband never had a problem yet.are you in Wick? I thought about going with Sky but didn't think they had broadband here.

telfordstar
13-Feb-10, 19:42
are you in Wick? I thought about going with Sky but didn't think they had broadband here.

Yeah I am in Wick, had it in since September last year.

Serenity
14-Feb-10, 02:05
are you in Wick? I thought about going with Sky but didn't think they had broadband here.
They have broadband using BT wholesale equipment like most broadband providers do. They just don't have their own broadband because the local exchange hasn't been unbundled yet.

poppett
14-Feb-10, 21:39
I have unlimited broadband, phone line and free calls to 01,02 and 03 numbers 24/7, cheap rates to mobiles although I don`t use that feature and 2pence per minute calls to europe. With Pipex for less than £30 per month.

exothermic
15-Feb-10, 11:18
We're with Sky Talk and have the free call package to 01, 02 & 03 numbers too - have you noticed how many companies no longer use those codes for customer service ? And they keep you holding on or listening to menu options whilst you're paying for the call!

sam09
15-Feb-10, 12:33
whatever you do steer clear of post office broadband deals the service is useless, customer service is down right downright rude. If you want to use e mails forget it. I am moving to b.t. which believe it or not works out a lot cheaper and more reliable than most.

16-Feb-10, 16:35
PlusNet - good service with UK based agents and also do phone as well.

Hoida
16-Feb-10, 17:12
We are with plus net and have been for over 2 years and have found the service 1st class