PDA

View Full Version : Which one did you think was better?

Vistravi
12-Feb-10, 21:50
Under bump or overbump trousers/jeans?

I have now reached the point where i am going to need them very soon as only one pair of jeans and one pair of work trousers fit me. Luckily enough i can get away with wearing my partner's black work trousers for now untill i get round to buying some maternity ones but his jeans fall off me and he doesn't really have enough for me to borrow a couple of pairs for a couple of months.

Thankfully the work trousers i have that still fit me will do me untill the end as they sit under the bump. I can not for the life of me remember where i got them from though. Sounds about right for me atm.

telfordstar
12-Feb-10, 21:58
I prefered the over the bump maternity jeans when i was pregnant with my first and second pregnancy I got them from next. They were so comfy. With my third i wore my normal jeans all the way through it was great!

Vistravi
12-Feb-10, 22:02
I prefered the over the bump maternity jeans when i was pregnant with my first and second pregnancy I got them from next. They were so comfy. With my third i wore my normal jeans all the way through it was great!

Almost 30 weeks isn't so bad for wearing my normal jeans :) The pair of jeans i do have that still fit me are a size bigger than my pre pregnancy size and they're a wee bit loose still but only a wee bit.

Tubthumper
12-Feb-10, 22:14
I wore the 'under-bump' style for my first with no probs, but found the same pairs irritated my scar quite badly for #2. Got to admit I didn't think much of the over-bump style (I was HUGE) but at least I didn't look too beached-whaley.

Red
12-Feb-10, 22:45
I preferred over the bump jeans and trousers - but before I got to the stage of wearing maternity clothes I used a hair band to tie the tops of my jeans together (through loop and then hook over button) - got at least another few weeks out of normal clothes with long tops to cover the obvious!

Thumper
12-Feb-10, 22:47
I preferred over the bump-tend to pull at the under the bump ones for fear of them falling down :eek: but I have to admit I was a saddo who loved to wear dungarees :eek: I just loved them!x

Dadie
12-Feb-10, 22:52
Over bump was my prefered chioce when I was huge as they gave my bump a bit of support and didnt leave me with a gap between my trousers and tops and leave me with a cold belly!
But I liked my underbump trousers before I looked too huge as the overbump trousers would fold down!
Had a few pairs of on the bump trousers as well which just annoyed me as they would fold down whatever!

ShelleyCowie
12-Feb-10, 22:58
I had 1 pair of maternity trousers. They were for work and they were under-bump. So comfy! When at home i nicked off with my OH's combats. lol But i was massive!!

Tugmistress
13-Feb-10, 00:14
Dungarees, they were great :)

unicorn
13-Feb-10, 00:24
Dungarees and leggings were my choice.

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-10, 00:26
Aww i love dungarees!! I want a pair....going to search the net now lol

northener
13-Feb-10, 00:50
I simply took out my old two-man tent, cut out a pair of eye-holes and then draped the tent over my head.

Didn't need any pegs, either.

crayola
13-Feb-10, 01:54
I wore those really stretchy ones with elasticated waists that would go anywhere I pushed them. Oh and dungarees too.

alanatkie
13-Feb-10, 02:07
with 1st i wore the leggings supplied by work they were so stretchy my normal size did through my whole pregnancy.
2nd & 3rd leggings were better as can use them after as well, or over bump trousers/jeans
but these days u have more styles available so you could try any thing available - try ebay if you'r unsure of what u prefer less money outlay that way.

Boozeburglar
13-Feb-10, 02:32
I moved to a nudist colony until the deed was done.

LMS
13-Feb-10, 09:21
Overbump - underbump ones fall down too easily.

riggerboy
13-Feb-10, 09:25
cant you just wear a frock ???????

brandy
13-Feb-10, 10:11
over bump for me as well

Venture
13-Feb-10, 10:21
I wore the 'under-bump' style for my first with no probs, but found the same pairs irritated my scar quite badly for #2. Got to admit I didn't think much of the over-bump style (I was HUGE) but at least I didn't look too beached-whaley.

Now there's a shock Tubs. Don't ask me why but I always thought you were a man.:lol:

northener
13-Feb-10, 10:32

Overbump, underbump...

Why have I got the Wombles song in my head?:confused

Angela
13-Feb-10, 10:44
Now there's a shock Tubs. Don't ask me why but I always thought you were a man.:lol:

Me too, Venture! Not the first time I've got it wrong however......! :o :roll:

Vistravi
13-Feb-10, 16:40
cant you just wear a frock ???????

Nah i'm not a dress gal. The last time i wore a dress was for my mum's wedding last year and before that properly when i was roughly 8. I was made to wear a dress for my mum's wedding ;)

Vistravi
13-Feb-10, 16:47

I've found that with my work trousers which aren't actually maternity trousers at all. I'm constantly pulling them up. I've got fed up with it so have started to wear a belt. Which is fine standing up but sitting down my belt ca dig in sometimes. :eek:

padfoot
18-Feb-10, 10:31
i preferred over the bump maternity trousers got them off ebay they were great kept my bump nice and snug yeye i love dungarees too wish i had some lol