PDA

View Full Version : Superb Curry Kits / www.curryfrenzy.com

DocStone
11-Feb-10, 19:18
www.curryfrenzy.com

Was recently pointed in the direction of this site by a mate, they basically sell kits containing all the herbs and spices you need to make authentic curry dishes, from a Korma to a Phall. I ordered a few of kits including the Tandoori/Tikka kit and got 3 for the price of 2 so £7.98 all in.

Delivered next day and came in single packs with enough mix to make up to 8 portions of each curry. Followed the instructions on the Tandoori kit, made up the marinade and bunged a leg of lamb in it before shoving the lot in the fridge for 72 hours - apparently the bacteria from the yoghurt breaks down the fibres in the meat, making it realy tender.

Cooked it on Sunday and wow! - it was outstanding. The most tender lamb I have had in a long time, and the spices were all through the meat. Absolutely stunning and I will definitely buy more from them. Might go for the Onion Bahji kit next time as well, or try the super hot Naga Vinegar on my chips!

Oh, and if you use this number when making your order in the friend bit we both get a free curry kit: 22339 - bonus ;)

Really worth a try!

10/10

Bobbin
11-Feb-10, 19:33
Got mine ordered. I've entered the code too so thats another curry for you. Mm I'm looking forward to them coming home now. Thanks!

chaz
12-Feb-10, 13:02
Ordered mine,thank you for link:) Another curry for you :)

Pooch
12-Feb-10, 14:47
Ordered mine,thank you for link:) Another curry for you :)

Me too ur doing well :lol:

chaz
12-Feb-10, 14:49
Think we will all come round to eat all the free curries:lol:

wavy davy
12-Feb-10, 14:59
Looks good, but I was a little disconcerted by the cooking instruction;

Bring to a medium heat and add bite sized pieces of chicken and seal

Don't know if I fancy a seal curry!

DocStone
12-Feb-10, 15:27
Don't knock it 'til you have tried it :D

Aw well, looks like curry is on the menu for the next wee while! Having Jamaican Curry tonight and possibly a Chili Tikka Masala on Sat, will update on how they were.

Have a feeling I am gonna have a bung hole like a burst plook if this keeps up!

rangers1873
12-Feb-10, 18:40
just ordered,thats another free kit coming ur way

DocStone
12-Feb-10, 22:59
Just had the Jamaican Curry, absolutely amazing! Would use a 200g tin of Coconut Milk instead of a 400g tin next time 'cause I had to add cornflour to thicken it up a bit. A truely different curry that sneaks up on you with the heat - had the sniffles and the sweats by the end, loverly!

sweetpea
13-Feb-10, 12:39
I'm going to do an order but I can't find where the code goes?

DocStone
13-Feb-10, 13:28
I'm going to do an order but I can't find where the code goes?

It goes on the actual order page where you enter your details sweetpea.

sweetpea
13-Feb-10, 15:33
Thanks. Can't wait to try them!

herenow
17-Feb-10, 11:38
I ordered curry spices home from this site, they are fantastic, three for £7.95 but each kit makes 8 portions so its great value for money.

Give it a try if your a curry fan. I used a friend code also and recieved a free curry.

Feel free to use my refer a friend code to recieve your curry free, i will recieve one too so thanks in advance if you wanna use it.

My code is 24508!

;)

butterfly girl
19-Feb-10, 23:53
Just ordered mine,thanks for the code.

DocStone
02-Mar-10, 23:01
So what did everyone order and how did it taste?

So far had a Jamaican Curry (10/10), Rogan Josh (8/10), Jalfrezi (10/10) and a Tikka Masala (9/10) and I really can not get over how nice they are and how simple (some of) the recipies are.

Oh, and the Spicy Popadoms are extremely spicy, lol, and the Naga sauce and paste, very very dangerous!

Bobbin
02-Mar-10, 23:09
I've tried the Jalfrezi and Patia so far, both lovely. I've still got the Balti and the Madras to try. Maybe have one at the weekend.

sweetpea
03-Mar-10, 00:19
I has the Tindaloo this evening. It was very hot but flavoursome:Razz. Can't wait to try the Jalfrezi.

Bobinovich
03-Mar-10, 01:45
I've tried the Jalfrezi and Patia so far, both lovely. I've still got the Balti and the Madras to try. Maybe have one at the weekend.

How was the Patia? It's my favourite curry so if it gets good thumbs up I'd be well tempted.

Bobbin
03-Mar-10, 08:51
How was the Patia? It's my favourite curry so if it gets good thumbs up I'd be well tempted.
I used to love a Patia when Sophie was the chef in whichever indian he was working in at the time, never found anywhere that makes it so good. I had one in Jeera in Inverness short ago and the curry kit tasted exactly like it. These kits are tasty, definitely worth a try if you like your curries.

upolian
03-Mar-10, 09:10
hmmmmmm food,sounds good :D:D

RELAX
03-Mar-10, 09:18
funny this should be on here because i was only saying the other day that i fancied making a curry so now i have no excuse, thanks for the information.

herenow
03-Mar-10, 11:30
I recommend the bhuna i made it last night and it was superb. The tikka mashalla is great aswell, they are wirth the money.

alanatkie
03-Mar-10, 12:04
I ordered the chilli con carne kit as hubby & daughter doesn't eat curry & Tikka Masala for the rest of us, they are both great, So good that even the kids will eat them.

DOLLY30
03-Mar-10, 14:45
Yum I just ordered the Tikka Masala, Bhuna & Dupiaza and also an extra Korma one for kids. Cannot wait to try these now, just need to get rice to taste as good as you get from the indian. :)

acameron
04-Mar-10, 20:35
Just ordered mine.....

boxer
04-Mar-10, 23:26
got mine today thanks

DOLLY30
05-Mar-10, 13:46
My kits arrived today cannot wait to try one, was delighted as got a bombay aloo free and also a free chinese curry mix which i was also fancying trying.

elastic band
06-Mar-10, 10:43
Hi Docstone,

just to say thanks for the code, i ordered several kits this morning so hopefully you will receive your free gift too.

Looking forward to trying them all.

butterfly girl
07-Mar-10, 20:08
Just had the Nuwabi curry and it was fantastic, cant wait to try the other's.

DOLLY30
10-Mar-10, 22:37
Well I made the korma tonight as kids wanted to try it and it was absolutely awful, did not taste anything like a korma and even I thought it was too spicy had horrible taste to it. I really hope the other ones are ok was going to make one at weekend.

topotheuk
16-Mar-10, 12:46
Just ordered mine and put in your code number, so hopefully you will get freebie :)

chaz
26-Nov-10, 12:28
Nice curry weather:) Anyone got a code they want me to use befor i order:)

marcross22
29-Nov-10, 21:41
i am a rep for this company :D you are also able to get 12 portion kits these curry kits are easyer to make and involve less additional ingredients if you order via www.curryparty.co.uk (http://www.curryparty.co.uk) rep id charlottem66@curryparty.co.uk also able to hold curry partys where the host gets free curry kits and everyone gets to taste 3 free currys! free prize draw at every curry party.

KCERINN
08-Dec-10, 08:25
We had the Chilli Masala last night, made with Lamb.

It was absolutely delicious.

I had also ordered the Madras, and Rogan Josh curry kits so look forward to trying them out.

Stargazer
09-Dec-10, 21:25
I can recommend this curry supplier, I've used them for about 10 years. Based in Aberdeen, excellent curries and usually 2 - 3 days delivery to Caithness via the post. At £1.75 per spice pack, cheap too :)

http://www.thespiceoflife.co.uk/