PDA

View Full Version : its getting ridiculous - hijacked threads

dragonfly
11-Feb-10, 12:44
no wonder there are more people looking at and posting in the For Sale section as whenever anyone posts on the General forum posts are hijacked by a minority of members and go way off thread with their assumed wit, intelligence, put downs and/or just downright rudeness.

isn't there a rule about taking posts off topic?

Boozeburglar
11-Feb-10, 12:45
Weather is looking fine here the now.

cesare
11-Feb-10, 12:56
i need to wash my windows[lol]

ducati
11-Feb-10, 12:56
no wonder there are more people looking at and posting in the For Sale section as whenever anyone posts on the General forum posts are hijacked by a minority of members and go way off thread with their assumed wit, intelligence, put downs and/or just downright rudeness.

I agree. It is an outrage! :eek:

Thumper
11-Feb-10, 13:12
I agree, for a long time now certain people get off with murder on this forum while others get infractions for little things,like in life its not what you know but who you know shame it affecting with whole forum though isnt it? x

dragonfly
11-Feb-10, 13:29
shame it affecting with whole forum though isnt it?

it is affecting it. I know of more than 1 person who says I'm a member but I never post, I'm scared I'll get the "P" pulled out of my post. Forums need new blood to exist and develop but others are more interested in boosting their own egos

Thumper
11-Feb-10, 13:32
I agree Dragonfly,I myself know of at least 2 members who wont post for fear of being "picked on" and I also know of one who used to be a good poster but isnt posting anymore after being bullied,doesnt say much for the members or moderators really does it?x

edit-before I get an infraction for saying what I did what I meant was that sometimes mods seem to let people off with things that others wouldnt get away with-just they way I see it not accusing anyone of it!

Sandra_B
11-Feb-10, 13:54
I agree too, I'm tired of settling down to read long threads only to find they're full of pages of pointless drivel.

Liz
11-Feb-10, 14:11
I completely agree with you all.

I'm all for a bit of good humoured banter and interesting debate but a few orgers seem to take pleasure in taking over and end up bullying along the way.
Why did those involved get away with it?:confused

northener
11-Feb-10, 14:27
Anyway, I think the US should be made to apologise for this outrage....

....ooops:eek:

Thread 'hijacking' is a bit of an odd concept, really.

If some people feel strongly about the subject then they will tend to take over as they put across their own viewpoints and discuss/argue/throw teddys at other posters. This may put some peoples' noses out of joint or discourage the less confident from joining in - but that is a reflection upon real life and how real people all deal differently with discussion/argument.

The more confident/opinionated will happily wade in to the exclusion of other people in any debate/discussion - not just on the interweb. So I don't see how you could 'police' this without the whole Forum turning into a mind-numbing mass of banality and ersatz chumliness.

If you mean the OP's topic going off course, well, again it's difficult to direct peoples thoughts in a certain way. The OP has the option of locking the thread if they get hacked off with someone banging a drum to their own tune. But apart from that it would be difficult to police without the Forum becoming...blah..blah - you get the picture.
Also some really good threads upon here have been ones that have veered way off course, same as a conversation does in the Real World.

I've always been a believer that you have two options on any Forum - join in or don't. Simple.
It's easy to say that someone is 'frightened' by the possibility of being criticised or even having the mickey taken. But isn't real life like that? Do the people who are unsure jump up onto a chair in the pub and put home their viewpoint?
I bet they don't. they'll be the ones at the back taking it all in, agreeing or disagreeing - but not sure whether they should say something or not......

Hello, I'm banging on here, have I hijacked this thread?;)

Must dash, I have .Orgers to bully.

ducati
11-Feb-10, 14:33
Anyway, I think the US should be made to apologise for this outrage....

....ooops:eek:

If some people feel strongly about the subject then they will tend to take over as they put across their own viewpoints and discuss/argue/throw teddys at other posters. This may put some peoples' noses out of joint or discourage the less confident from joining in - but that is a reflection upon real life and how real people all deal differently with discussion/argument.

The more confident/opinionated will happily wade in to the exclusion of other people in any debate/discussion - not just on the interweb. So I don't see how you could 'police' this without the whole Forum turning into a mind-numbing mass of banality and ersatz chumliness.

If you mean the OP's topic going off course, well, again it's difficult to direct peoples thoughts in a certain way. The OP has the option of locking the thread if they get hacked off with someone banging a drum to their own tune. But apart from that it would be difficult to police without the Forum becoming...blah..blah - you get the picture.
Also some really good threads upon here have been ones that have veered way off course, same as a conversation does in the Real World.

I've always been a believer that you have two options on any Forum - join in or don't. Simple.
It's easy to say that someone is 'frightened' by the possibility of being criticised or even having the mickey taken. But isn't real life like that? Do the people who are unsure jump up onto a chair in the pub and put home their viewpoint?
I bet they don't. they'll be the ones at the back taking it all in, agreeing or disagreeing - but not sure whether they should say something or not......

Slight case of VB there northener.

I think forums are actually quite civilised compared with say, an argument in the street. You have to wait your turn to say anything and you can't talk over anyone else. :)

edit: sorry just realised what I did, I of course mean Verbal D....

dragonfly
11-Feb-10, 14:43

If some people feel strongly about the subject then they will tend to take over as they put across their own viewpoints and discuss/argue/throw teddys at other posters. This may put some peoples' noses out of joint or discourage the less confident from joining in - but that is a reflection upon real life and how real people all deal differently with discussion/argument

Fair enough not a problem with this thats what discussion/debate is about and yes emotions sometimes take over

but isn't that happening - you look at the posts there are far more in For Sale than on General. I used to log on at nights after work and there were literally 100's of posts to wade through now lucky if there is 60

If you mean the OP's topic going off course, well, again it's difficult to direct peoples thoughts in a certain way. The OP has the option of locking the thread if they get hacked off with someone banging a drum to their own tune.

maybe being hijacked is not the term that I am meaning however the point I am trying to make is new members come on and create a thread and within 3 replies the "funny brigade" have taken over, taken it way off course - what is that new member going to do in future when they want to post?

I've always been a believer that you have two options on any Forum - join in or don't. Simple. It's easy to say that someone is 'frightened' by the possibility of being criticised or even having the mickey taken. But isn't real life like that?

yes real life is like that however on a forum anominity is afforded so those who aren't so bold feel they can post as they are unknown to a degree yet are put off due to others

If I read a post and find it boring I move on i don't try to take it over with my assumed humour

:lol:

Thumper
11-Feb-10, 14:47
Northener, I agree with most of what you say,its a pity more on here cant have your light hearted take on things,going off topic is as you say sometimes really good and discussions can sometimes come from these slight veers on opposite directions,what I dont like and actually despise is the way that some posters try to belittle and bully people if they dont like their opinion and then it quickly degenerates into "so and so told me that you said x,y and z" or "I heard that you did such and such so why try to pretend that you didnt",I suppose what i am trying to say is lots of us use this forums as a form of escape or indeed some use it as the only way of interacting with the ouside world as they are housebound or whatever and then certain people are allowed to bully and frighten them into not wanting to post,we wouldnt accept a bully in the "real world" so why are they allowed to do it on here? Sometimes you can sit here and read threads and know that certain people are going to keep popping up "goading" people into arguements and I do sometimes wonder if I can see it why cant the mods and put a stop the the few who do this on numerous occasions?It does feel like some on here are "golden posters" and untouchable no matter what they say or do while others get the book thrown at them for reacting to the op posts x

riggerboy
11-Feb-10, 14:51
o well i`m saying nothing coz i`ll just get in trouble again, however anyone got a laptop for sale anything will do as long as its not a dell, now what was this thread about again,

Invisible
11-Feb-10, 14:54
......... you look at the posts there are far more in For Sale than on General.

Maybe people just really want to sell things

annthracks
11-Feb-10, 16:42
so why are they allowed to do it on here? Sometimes you can sit here and read threads and know that certain people are going to keep popping up "goading" people into arguements and I do sometimes wonder if I can see it why cant the mods and put a stop the the few who do this on numerous occasions?It does feel like some on here are "golden posters" and untouchable no matter what they say or do while others get the book thrown at them for reacting to the op posts x

It all comes back to "Not what you know but WHO you know" and what "club" you're a member of ;).
To quote someone close - "there's no point reporting him to the poliss, they don't want to know" "him and two o' his palls were kicking the sh1t out of some poor loon and a copper who was in his patrol car passing the end of the street told the person reporting it to go to the station and report it there"...WTF?
how long before this gets removed?

BINBOB
11-Feb-10, 16:44
I completely agree with you all.

I'm all for a bit of good humoured banter and interesting debate but a few orgers seem to take pleasure in taking over and end up bullying along the way.
Why did those involved get away with it?:confused

Very good question,Liz.:roll:

BINBOB
11-Feb-10, 16:45
Northener, I agree with most of what you say,its a pity more on here cant have your light hearted take on things,going off topic is as you say sometimes really good and discussions can sometimes come from these slight veers on opposite directions,what I dont like and actually despise is the way that some posters try to belittle and bully people if they dont like their opinion and then it quickly degenerates into "so and so told me that you said x,y and z" or "I heard that you did such and such so why try to pretend that you didnt",I suppose what i am trying to say is lots of us use this forums as a form of escape or indeed some use it as the only way of interacting with the ouside world as they are housebound or whatever and then certain people are allowed to bully and frighten them into not wanting to post,we wouldnt accept a bully in the "real world" so why are they allowed to do it on here? Sometimes you can sit here and read threads and know that certain people are going to keep popping up "goading" people into arguements and I do sometimes wonder if I can see it why cant the mods and put a stop the the few who do this on numerous occasions?It does feel like some on here are "golden posters" and untouchable no matter what they say or do while others get the book thrown at them for reacting to the op posts x

It would probably be more fun being in Alcatraz!!!:D:lol:

BINBOB
11-Feb-10, 16:46

Only for some,dragonfly!!:D

upolian
11-Feb-10, 16:55

dont get me started,it seems to be 1 rule for some,another rule for others...

BINBOB
11-Feb-10, 16:57

U are learning,upolian.There is a select few who can do no ill,but do it all the time......beware.;):D

Stig
11-Feb-10, 17:56

:cry::cry::cry: Dry your Eyes

ducati
11-Feb-10, 18:00
It all comes back to "Not what you know but WHO you know" and what "club" you're a member of ;).

It seems we have found the conspiracy on the first page-A record? :eek:

cuddlepop
11-Feb-10, 18:05
Threads that went off topic were closed quicker than they appear to be now.

Maybe the mods hoped we'd all grow up and start posting like grown ups.:roll:

Probably the first wet Sunday in the middle of the week.;)

upolian
11-Feb-10, 18:08
:cry::cry::cry: Dry your Eyes

*yawns*....

dragonfly
11-Feb-10, 18:15
Dry your Eyes

[evil] this is exactly what I am meaning! if you have a problem with Upolian PM him don't do it publicly on a message board to the world and his wife to see :roll:

or better still...............move on without saying anything!

upolian
11-Feb-10, 18:19
[evil] this is exactly what I am meaning! if you have a problem with Upolian PM him don't do it publicly on a message board to the world and his wife to see :roll:

i should learn not to reply to it,clearly there is a problem...... but yes prime example!

northener
11-Feb-10, 18:25
And then there are those who constantly cause trouble and then try to deflect the cause of the conflict onto others when caught out......

I don't buy into this 'Mods Chums' bull, though.

dragonfly
11-Feb-10, 18:32
And then there are those who constantly cause trouble and then try to deflect the cause of the conflict onto others when caught out......

I don't buy into this 'Mods Chums' bull, though.

I've never had any dealings with any of the mods but I am astonished how someone can take a thread about the power of some type of alternitive healing and add a post to it downing someone (who hasn't even posted on that thread) about their recreational habits...............its nothing whatsoever to do with that person what the other one gets up to in their own time - you don't have to agree with it which I don't but I would never dream of insulting someone like that

the post is still there, nothings been done about it, not even relevant to the thread!

Bobbin
11-Feb-10, 18:44
I've never had any dealings with any of the mods but I am astonished how someone can take a thread about the power of some type of alternitive healing and add a post to it downing someone (who hasn't even posted on that thread) about their recreational habits...............its nothing whatsoever to do with that person what the other one gets up to in their own time - you don't have to agree with it which I don't but I would never dream of insulting someone like that

the post is still there, nothings been done about it, not even relevant to the thread!I think it's good that the post has not been removed. It lets everyone see the person who posted it for what they really are.[disgust] It would be a shame to remove it.

northener
11-Feb-10, 18:52

the post is still there, nothings been done about it, not even relevant to the thread!

Gie us a linky?

dragonfly
11-Feb-10, 18:57
I think it's good that the post has not been removed. It lets everyone see the person who posted it for what they really are.[disgust] It would be a shame to remove it.

aye you have a valid point there Bobbin

redeyedtreefrog
11-Feb-10, 18:57
o well i`m saying nothing coz i`ll just get in trouble again, however anyone got a laptop for sale anything will do as long as its not a dell, now what was this thread about again,

Oh what's wrong with Dell? I never had a problem with mine.

_Ju_
11-Feb-10, 19:27
Thread shutting?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disagreement with thread shutting take one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati
Parking2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no you don't. You posted a misleading, question looking for sympathy, wasted everyone's time who were trying to help.

Thread shutting take two:

Quote:
Closing thread due to irritating nutters using it to promote their own agenda

It's a case of damned if you and damned if you don't. Though it may look like it, I am not picking on you Ducati, you just happen to have very close spaced posts that I remembered.
Conversations veer off topic. Threads get hijacked. Opinions different to those of the original poster get expressed. Lately (or maybe I should say cyclicaly) when this happens it is almost sacriligeous.
The org is, for me, becoming a place less pleasant to visit. Not because of what is percieved as "the special ones club" (There is no "special ones club" people", just posters who have been a consistant presence over the years. Unfortunately we are lossing them along the way and they are missed). It's unpleasantness comes from the inability of some to have a lively dicussion on an opinion board.
The fad from the last year is the tread shutting when the original poster becomes uncomfortable with the direction a topic is taking. This seasons' is ignoring discordant opinions, not even bothering to refute factual statements or redressing with personal attacks. Next season perhaps only back slapping concordant with "negative word" filtering posts/posters will be allowed.
Baring slander, racism, icension of hate or anything illegal, we all have an opinion and the right to express it in ny way that we want, baring in mind it is a family orientated message board. And evey participating poster is owed the courtesy of being allowed to express their opinion and to disagree with that of another, humouresly or not, without things dergrading to personal attacks.

ducati
11-Feb-10, 19:44
Thread shutting?

Disagreement with thread shutting take one:

Quote:
Parking2

Oh no you don't. You posted a misleading, question looking for sympathy, wasted everyone's time who were trying to help.

Thread shutting take two:

Quote:
Closing thread due to irritating nutters using it to promote their own agenda

It's a case of damned if you and damned if you don't. Though it may look like it, I am not picking on you Ducati, you just happen to have very close spaced posts that I remembered.
Conversations veer off topic. Threads get hijacked. Opinions different to those of the original poster get expressed. Lately (or maybe I should say cyclicaly) when this happens it is almost sacriligeous.
The org is, for me, becoming a place less pleasant to visit. Not because of what is percieved as "the special ones club" (There is no "special ones club" people", just posters who have been a consistant presence over the years. Unfortunately we are lossing them along the way and they are missed). It's unpleasantness comes from the inability of some to have a lively dicussion on an opinion board.
The fad from the last year is the tread shutting when the original poster becomes uncomfortable with the direction a topic is taking. This seasons' is ignoring discordant opinions, not even bothering to refute factual statements or redressing with personal attacks. Next season perhaps only back slapping concordant with "negative word" filtering posts/posters will be allowed.
Baring slander, racism, icension of hate or anything illegal, we all have an opinion and the right to express it in ny way that we want, baring in mind it is a family orientated message board. And evey participating poster is owed the courtesy of being allowed to express their opinion and to disagree with that of another, humouresly or not, without things dergrading to personal attacks.

Irritating nutters are a perfectly valid reason for locking a thread. But if anyone does it to me I won't stand for it.

Its an outrage[lol]

Thumper
11-Feb-10, 19:57
well at least we know the posts are being read,Ju's new thread was put on here in seconds so I guess we can take it that all the posts on this thread have been read and deemed acceptable :confused: x

Oops sorry to all mods,Ju informed me they put it on here themselves not that it was moved-apoligies for jumping to conclusions x

Stavro
11-Feb-10, 20:08
Irritating nutters are a perfectly valid reason for locking a thread.

ducati's definition of "irritating nutter" - someone who disagrees with ducati.

ducati's definition of "valid reason for locking a thread" - ducati realising that ducati's thread was not going the way ducati wanted it to go.

ducati
11-Feb-10, 20:10
ducati's definition of "irritating nutter" - someone who disagrees with ducati.

ducati's definition of "valid reason for locking a thread" - ducati realising that ducati's thread was not going the way ducati wanted it to go.

No, irritating nutters. I've told you before pay attention!:lol:

Leanne
11-Feb-10, 20:10
I love coming on here and don't mind the posts going off topic as such.

I do think it is wrong to turn a for sale (or for loan) ad into a debate. If it placed in classified it should stay as such... There are forums that ban derorgatory comments being made on classifieds.

I also find it a little hard to stomach when people post a comment and, when someone disagrees, instead of posting a counter argument they start with a comment like "what a ridiculous thing to say" or "how stupid". It's just not cricket!

Stig
11-Feb-10, 21:37

maybe there should be a forum for the moaners and groaners, that would keep everyone happy. It would be the most popular forum on the org. I just join the band wagon coz I think it hilarious the stuff that is said and most of it quite rightly needs to be poked at [lol]
if you can't have a laugh then what can you do?

dragonfly
11-Feb-10, 21:44
maybe there should be a forum for the moaners and groaners, that would keep everyone happy. It would be the most popular forum on the org. I just join the band wagon coz I think it hilarious the stuff that is said and most of it quite rightly needs to be poked at [lol]

I'm hardly a moaner, just someone who is fed up of seeing others being subjected to being belitted, ridiculed, bullied. I'm just saying it as I see it. Seems some get their kicks by laughing AT instead of laughing WITH

Liz
11-Feb-10, 23:21

Why oh why are those who aren't rude etc classed as moaners and groaners?:roll: Surely an intelligent person is able to put their point across without resorting to such infantile behaviour?
Saying you 'just join in the band wagon' says it all though.

I'm hardly a moaner, just someone who is fed up of seeing others being subjected to being belitted, ridiculed, bullied. I'm just saying it as I see it. Seems some get their kicks by laughing AT instead of laughing WITH

Exactly Dragonfly! Maybe those who have been 'guilty' of such behaviour feel uncomfortable so have to turn it back on those who are speaking out against such behaviour?

I am not saying that the org has to be a place where everyone gets on and we agree with each other. Life ain't like that!
However, can we behave like adults instead of kids in a playground?

BINBOB
11-Feb-10, 23:21

Right again,dragonfly.

Tubthumper
11-Feb-10, 23:27
What about when someone posts something that's just plain wrong? Granted, no-one should get jumped on just for bad english, but sometimes the stuff that gets said here is just daft.

Liz
11-Feb-10, 23:32
What about when someone posts something that's just plain wrong? Granted, no-one should get jumped on just for bad english, but sometimes the stuff that gets said here is just daft.

Surely if someone posts something 'daft' it can be dealt with without being nasty?
As I said we don't all have to agree but we should be able to make our point without resorting to ridicule etc?

Like Dragonly I am not a 'moaner and groaner'. In fact I love a good laughand enjoy a good debate. However, I see a lot of posts and think 'Och I canna be bothered joining in',as there are too many who want the last word at any cost.

squidge
11-Feb-10, 23:32
My biggest thread turn off is where a reasonably lively thread is attacked by the spelling and punctuation police. In fact where any thread is attacked by the spelling and punctuation police.

Why people feel the need to get their metaphorical red pen out and slag off someone who gets there and their mixed up or uses an apostrophe inappropriately I do not know. It only serves to belittle and poke fun at someone else. I guess it makes those who do it feel superior when actually it just makes them look like a patronising bully.

I have never seen a post where the spelling mistake has been such a problem that you cant understand what the poster is saying. Even text speak can be understood - especially if you read it out loud! Stop doing it - its pompous and self important.

dragonfly
11-Feb-10, 23:34

why would it be "plain wrong"? because you disagree with it or you don't think its worthy of your intelligence?

we're all different but its how we behave that really makes us different, if I see something not to my liking I ignore it I certainly don't attack the poster because they aren't writing something I want to read

Fluff
11-Feb-10, 23:42
I will admit I have found myself posting less and less and taking less time to read new posts.
Sometimes it can be funny a topic going off, but not with almost every one. The belitteling can get very tiring and boring.

Sometimes it feels like a popularity contest or school, if you are not with the 'in' crown, you are defintly on the outside!

Tubthumper
11-Feb-10, 23:44
There was one recently where some bloke came on spouting forth about wind turbines, claiming to be an expert. He was wildly off the mark, but took great offence when those of us who are aware of the technology pointed out his major errors, called us 'mouth-breathers' and such and bleated about his BSc. Then he had the nerve to bad-rep me for 'bullying!'
What do you do? Let him get on with spreading false information to people who don't know better? Or point it out and try to help?
And remember - there are those among your outraged ranks who have been less than fair at times...
There are always going to be collisions of ego. We just have to try and get on.

joxville
11-Feb-10, 23:54
I'll take the blame, it's all my fault...guilty as charged Guv.

I know I'm bad for taking things off topic or wise-ass comments but you know what, I don't care, that's how I am in real life, the only difference being I've had to tone down what I say on here. And I'll continue to do it. Am I one of the 'in crowd'? I've never been a member of an 'in crowd' before. Do I get a badge? I hope so. I'm so excited.

Now move along, nothing to see.

dragonfly
11-Feb-10, 23:57
There was one recently where some bloke came on spouting forth about wind turbines, claiming to be an expert. He was wildly off the mark, but took great offence when those of us who are aware of the technology pointed out his major errors, called us 'mouth-breathers' and such and bleated about his BSc. Then he had the nerve to bad-rep me for 'bullying!'
What do you do? Let him get on with spreading false information to people who don't know better? Or point it out and try to help?
And remember - there are those among your outraged ranks who have been less than fair at times...
There are always going to be collisions of ego. We just have to try and get on.

Tubthumper in your last 8 words you have summed up completely what should be happening. A collision of egos can be a good thing if both egos are respectful, its when they become disrespectful it becomes personal

Turquoise
12-Feb-10, 00:01

Exactly Dragonfly! Maybe those who have been 'guilty' of such behaviour feel uncomfortable so have to turn it back on those who are speaking out against such behaviour?

quote]

[quote=Liz;658676]Surely if someone posts something 'daft' it can be dealt with without being nasty?
As I said we don't all have to agree but we should be able to make our point without resorting to ridicule etc?

My biggest thread turn off is where a reasonably lively thread is attacked by the spelling and punctuation police. In fact where any thread is attacked by the spelling and punctuation police.

Why people feel the need to get their metaphorical red pen out and slag off someone who gets there and their mixed up or uses an apostrophe inappropriately I do not know. It only serves to belittle and poke fun at someone else. I guess it makes those who do it feel superior when actually it just makes them look like a patronising bully.

I have never seen a post where the spelling mistake has been such a problem that you cant understand what the poster is saying. Even text speak can be understood - especially if you read it out loud! Stop doing it - its pompous and self important.

I will admit I have found myself posting less and less and taking less time to read new posts.
Sometimes it can be funny a topic going off, but not with almost every one. The belitteling can get very tiring and boring.

Sometimes it feels like a popularity contest or school, if you are not with the 'in' crown, you are defintly on the outside!

I agree with all of these points. I like a bit of humour, a bit of a debate but I cannot stand people being picked on for spelling and grammar. OK so I sometimes give a groan and a wee laugh at some of the awful spelling, but it certainly doesn't stop me from understanding the point of someone's post and doesn't make the poster's point any less valid!!

Leanne
12-Feb-10, 00:11
OK so I sometimes give a groan and a wee laugh at some of the awful spelling, but it certainly doesn't stop me from understanding the point of someone's post and doesn't make the poster's point any less valid!!

Depends how bad it is. I find some posters hard to take seriously...

Turquoise
12-Feb-10, 00:14
Depends how bad it is. I find some posters hard to take seriously...

Well yes, but that's surely more to do with the content of their post, if it's really bad :lol:

northener
12-Feb-10, 00:15
Yup, picking upon someone for their lack of Grandma isn't very fair, really. It's been stated repeatedly that all your grammatical ills can be cured by using Spelchick, I don't subscribe to the idea that allowing a computer to correct your spelung or grammer somehow makes you a better person.
I'd sooner see a well reasoned argument with spelung mistales athan a perfect pile of cack.

However, I cannot abide posters that are too deliberately lazy to form proper words - such as " U are not what u say"... sheer laziness. Txt spk is 4 fns....

Tubthumper
12-Feb-10, 00:20
" U are not what u say"... sheer laziness. Txt spk is 4 fns...wnkrs.
Why Wickers, Northerner?

Boozeburglar
12-Feb-10, 00:23

i totelly' a'gree,,,wiv wat u.r. s'ayn their

S&LHEN
12-Feb-10, 00:23
More important things to be worrying about than hijacked threads id say. Were lucky we dont live in poverty,arent homeless, etc etc Its sad that we cant all as a whole forum get on together and help each other theres to much critisisms and unfriendlyness going on and its such a shame.
Live and let live, maybe even try and help each other out a bit more as times can be hard but something little you do may seem like something big to someone else.

northener
12-Feb-10, 00:27
I propose settling this with inflatable squeaky hammers in a vat of porridge.

Kevin Milkins
12-Feb-10, 05:44
I propose settling this with inflatable squeaky hammers in a vat of porridge.

I'll second that proposal. It makes me wonder what life on the org would be like if we all conformed to rules and played nicely together. Probably boring.:confused

dragonfly
12-Feb-10, 08:31
yep, point made and most interestingly seems there's a male/female division.......all posters agreeing with me, giving rep, sending emails are female, those poo-pooing this thread are male :confused

So I'll end this (no not by locking ;)) but by saying Men are from Mars!!

fred
12-Feb-10, 09:03
yep, point made and most interestingly seems there's a male/female division.......all posters agreeing with me, giving rep, sending emails are female, those poo-pooing this thread are male :confused

I agree with you and I'm not female.

Last night I posted to a thread titled "What is wrong with America" assuming it was there for people to point out what is wrong with America. I posted two links without comment. The reply to the first link, a page on that most useful online encyclopaedia Wikipedia, was a personal attack on myself, I was accused, without foundation, of hating Jews.

If you don't agree with the clique they just attack you with lies and force you to abandon the topic and start defending yourself.

Kevin Milkins
12-Feb-10, 09:59

That has a certain finality about it, dragonfly. I wouldn't say I disagree with what you are saying or that I fully support all your points of view .

You have made some very good points and regardless of yea to the right and no to the left, there (their) has been some very good points been made by both male and female.

Spelling and grammar seems to be one that crops up often and mine leaves a lot to be desired, but that doesn't mean to say that I shouldn't strive to improve it just because we have agreed on the org that it's OK to be lazy.

I see no place in any team, group, or society for picking on anyone, however, it seems that a bit of jest by some can be seen as bullying by others, so it can be difficult to get a balance sometimes and with the amount of potential posters there, (their) are on the org, then there is bound to be some conflict from time to time.

dragonfly
12-Feb-10, 10:15
That has a certain finality about it, dragonfly. I wouldn't say I disagree with what you are saying or that I fully support all your points of view .

You have made some very good points and regardless of yea to the right and no to the left, there (their) has been some very good points been made by both male and female.

Spelling and grammar seems to be one that crops up often and mine leaves a lot to be desired, but that doesn't mean to say that I shouldn't strive to improve it just because we have agreed on the org that it's OK to be lazy.

I see no place in any team, group, or society for picking on anyone, however, it seems that a bit of jest by some can be seen as bullying by others, so it can be difficult to get a balance sometimes and with the amount of potential posters there, (their) are on the org, then there is bound to be some conflict from time to time.

absolutely Kevin, I'm all for a good laugh and have done on many an occasion however after to speaking to members who don't/won't post because they feel their (they're/there) opinons will be pounced on, I can now see what they mean. any member has the right to post without getting scoffed at and that was the point of my post........me, I don't give 2 hoots as I'm thick-skinned enough to let it go or fight my corner if not, others aren't and as my stress levels were higher yesterday I felt the need to speak out.........I've now taken my tablets :lol:

northener
12-Feb-10, 10:36
I'll second that proposal. It makes me wonder what life on the org would be like if we all conformed to rules and played nicely together. Probably boring.:confused

Very boring, actually.:Razz

BRIE
12-Feb-10, 10:39
I totally agree with you dragonfly! more & more threads are getting hijacked by nitpickers.
Im now getting to the point that I wonder why I bother posting as everything I post recently gets pulled to pieces, I too am thick skinned & will fight my corner to the end, I do find it hard to walk away though:lol: .Recently i did bite the bullet & did walk away gracefully only to be bombarded with pms from a certain member just trying to push my buttons[evil]
I know i really should just ignore the hijackers as it always ends up taking the thread off topic which I hate:(

northener
12-Feb-10, 10:51
If you don't agree with the clique they just attack you with lies and force you to abandon the topic and start defending yourself.

Unfortunately Fred, that argument is very much a double-edged sword. I certainly don't want to drag this thread into a personal debate, but you're as guilty as anyone when it comes to provoking people.

From another live thread:

"You could always just start your own forum especially for people who think they're better than everybody else then we wouldn't have to be reading your whinging all the time."

Bad Fred, go and sit in the corner.

BTW - Am I in the clique? I'd love to know....:Razz

Angela
12-Feb-10, 10:57
I don't bother to start new threads on the general forum any more.

This isn't because I feel bullied or scared, but because I see no point in posting just to be laughed at by folk who insist on replying to almost every post with what they see as a witty riposte, and turn everything into a joke and right off topic. Or else they post a <yawn>. I find it so very wearisome. If you find the topic boring, you don't have to reply!

Neither do I feel like setting myself up to be mocked by people who just happen to disagree with my point of view. Why can't folk debate strongly without attacking the poster -sometimes quite viciously - rather than the post? There are far too many assumptions...e.g. "you must obviously be......" etc, leaving the OP having to defend him/herself in a sort of "pardon me for breathing, let alone having an opinion" sort of way. [disgust]

Thumper
12-Feb-10, 11:07
I guess we cant make people be sensible and stop them from posting horrible things,what we can do though is report every post that sounds like bullying or threats and we can also report pm's of that nature too,too many on here take advantage of hiding behind a username and use it to cause upset,pain and general nastyness x

we would not put up with it in "real life" so why put up with it on here? I am all for fun and banter but not nasty horrible posts and belittling others x

BRIE
12-Feb-10, 11:15
I guess we cant make people be sensible and stop them from posting horrible things,what we can do though is report every post that sounds like bullying or threats and we can also report pm's of that nature too,too many on here take advantage of hiding behind a username and use it to cause upset,pain and general nastyness x

we would not put up with it in "real life" so why put up with it on here? I am all for fun and banter but not nasty horrible posts and belittling others x

I already tried that thumper! reported them to the mods & never heard a thing from then [evil] I even sent mail asking if they could acknowledge that the complaints got through, not a dicky bird!:(

S&LHEN
12-Feb-10, 11:21
mods cant be expected to sort everything that goes on in here or they would need to get paid for it as too much always goes on.
We should be adult enough to sort it ourselves but a few individuals take pleasure in putting other people down and even with warnings continue to do so. I think people specially set out to log on and upset people on here and if you dont develope a thick skin you wont last long on here ive learnt that one pretty quick.
Not sure why and I know they are so hard to ignore.

Thumper
12-Feb-10, 11:22
I already tried that thumper! reported them to the mods & never heard a thing from then [evil] I even sent mail asking if they could acknowledge that the complaints got through, not a dicky bird!:( ah.....thats not good to hear,I had assumed that they would deal with all complaints,I know they are busy but these things need to be addressed.TBF though I wouldnt want their job for anything in the world,too much snide comments on here for me to remain impartial if I was a mod lol x

northener
12-Feb-10, 11:30
If anything, we need more self-policing. As has just been said, we can't expect the Mods to sort out every single squabble and disagreement.

Peer pressure can work quite well, unfortunately it only works with those who have at least half a brain and who are willing to accept that they got it wrong.

I got slapped down in a PM from a poster who I respect on here last week after I overstepped the mark. Fair do's - hold hand up, point taken and move on.

No Modding required.

BRIE
12-Feb-10, 11:42
exactly Northerner if I feel i overstep the mark or that I upset someone I PM & apologize.
I think the mods do have a tough job but bullying shouldn't be tolerated anywhere & I think things should be prioritized e.g its more important that a thread being posted in the wrong section!

Thumper
12-Feb-10, 12:39
I agree Brie,not veryone has the gumption to know when they have overstepped the mark and to police their own posts,then again not everyone would do so even if they could :roll: I guess its a case of hoping that the perpetrators get the infractions they deserve and that way they may think twice before doing it again,heres hoping anywa,this place used to be a pleasure to visit,full of fun and banter,not nasty posts x

dafi
12-Feb-10, 13:51
I agree with you brie. threads are breaking down and bullying is rife. At times it looks like the loonies are running the asylum. One things for sure you cant expect the loonies to police them selfs. Running off topic is one thing but some of it is beyond the pale. (some of the threads started recently are nothing more than pure trolling exercises)This sort of anti social thing is to be expected from time to time but its down to the mods to police the boards and keep them pointed in the right direction and broadly on track. Thing is tho the mods seem very quiet and unbothered. I supose when they do act its in the quiet as well so we dont realy ken how much they are doing behind the curtains.

Theres a fair few threads on the boards that suck like a big suckie thing thats set to maximum suck at the moment.

Tubthumper
12-Feb-10, 14:02
How about some examples Dafi??

Stavro
12-Feb-10, 15:46
Last night I posted to a thread titled "What is wrong with America" assuming it was there for people to point out what is wrong with America. I posted two links without comment. The reply to the first link, a page on that most useful online encyclopaedia Wikipedia, was a personal attack on myself, I was accused, without foundation, of hating Jews.

Yes, I have found this to be very true.

squidge
13-Feb-10, 00:46
I wonder sometimes about how touchy people can be - it seems if you disagree and put an alternative point of view you can almost count the seconds til the person you are disagreeing with gets all defensive and huffy.... even when there is no attack on the poster themselves - simply on the content of the post. Equally there are posters who insist on pointing out how "dim" a person is because they dont hold the same opinion as the poster themselves.

Also, If you start a thread with issues that you KNOW are going to be contentious and will polarise people then you HAVE to expect that you will get both extremes. Take ducatis thread "what's wrong with america" thread. First of all note that its not called -"what are your opinions on America" - the title is likely to attract people who have strong opinions. I didnt look at it until now because i dont hold those opinions. Fred chose to post links which are likely to attract further extreme views and to be honest I think this is exactly what fred intended. Fred I apologise if i am wrong but i dont think you are stupid and I think you knew exactly what was going to happen - we have been down this road before. if you do that on this type of thread then you need to be prepared to stand your ground and defend yourself. Its not like posting on the "favourite song" thread. I think it is a bit of a cheek to throw posts around like this and then cry foul when extreme opinions are voiced.

In saying this i have to admit i dont like posts where there is simply a link to an article - i rarely follow them up cos they are always "light the blue touch paper and stand well back" type of posts.

fred
13-Feb-10, 11:06
I wonder sometimes about how touchy people can be - it seems if you disagree and put an alternative point of view you can almost count the seconds til the person you are disagreeing with gets all defensive and huffy.... even when there is no attack on the poster themselves - simply on the content of the post. Equally there are posters who insist on pointing out how "dim" a person is because they dont hold the same opinion as the poster themselves.

Also, If you start a thread with issues that you KNOW are going to be contentious and will polarise people then you HAVE to expect that you will get both extremes. Take ducatis thread "what's wrong with america" thread. First of all note that its not called -"what are your opinions on America" - the title is likely to attract people who have strong opinions. I didnt look at it until now because i dont hold those opinions. Fred chose to post links which are likely to attract further extreme views and to be honest I think this is exactly what fred intended. Fred I apologise if i am wrong but i dont think you are stupid and I think you knew exactly what was going to happen - we have been down this road before. if you do that on this type of thread then you need to be prepared to stand your ground and defend yourself. Its not like posting on the "favourite song" thread. I think it is a bit of a cheek to throw posts around like this and then cry foul when extreme opinions are voiced.

In saying this i have to admit i dont like posts where there is simply a link to an article - i rarely follow them up cos they are always "light the blue touch paper and stand well back" type of posts.

Yes but the extreme opinions voiced were that I was Jew hater. a personal attack was launched at me.

But of course it must have been my own fault for posting a relative informative factual link.

I think you have just demonstrated perfectly how things work on this forum. Some can do no wrong while others can do no right. Just as some countries can do no wrong and must not be criticised as what atrocities they commit while other countries can do no right. Posting derogatory lies about another poster is perfectly permissible for some while posting the facts is a crime for others.

northener
13-Feb-10, 11:23
Yes but the extreme opinions voiced were that I was Jew hater. a personal attack was launched at me.

But of course it must have been my own fault for posting a relative informative factual link.

I think you have just demonstrated perfectly how things work on this forum. Some can do no wrong while others can do no right. Just as some countries can do no wrong and must not be criticised as what atrocities they commit while other countries can do no right. Posting derogatory lies about another poster is perfectly permissible for some while posting the facts is a crime for others.

I sense ruffled feathers, Fred.

Things not going your way?;)

Thumper
13-Feb-10, 11:29
Fred, it goes on all the time on here,I was accused of being racist for saying that the news coverage of the helicopter crash would have ben covered more widely if it had happened in England :eek: how that makes a racist who seemingly was glad that eastern europeans died in that crash i will never know :roll: but it does go on all the time and nobody is immune to attack!x

squidge
13-Feb-10, 13:25

Hang on a minute Fred - i didnt say that the poster in question was RIGHT - i said that I was of the opinion that you knew that posting the links in question would lead to extreme views in return. I think the poster was wrong to post that - i find personal attacks unnecessary and unpleasant too. I think it was wrong to slag you off in that manner but I do believe that you knew EXACTLY what you were gonna get and i might even be persuaded that you posted for that purpose only. :roll:

"Posting the facts" is always open for debate as well - You post the facts as YOU see them. Other people can look on the internet and find information that supports what they see as the FACTS too. I tend to support your stand on Israel although i am not as extreme as you but i dont agree with you on 911. I see the FACTS differently from you and others. Personal attacks are never justified but this huffiness (not only from yourself Fred - i am also talking about others) when people are at opposing ends of the opinion spectrum is just irritating and stifles debate.

fred
13-Feb-10, 13:55
Hang on a minute Fred - i didnt say that the poster in question was RIGHT - i said that I was of the opinion that you knew that posting the links in question would lead to extreme views in return. I think the poster was wrong to post that - i find personal attacks unnecessary and unpleasant too. I think it was wrong to slag you off in that manner but I do believe that you knew EXACTLY what you were gonna get and i might even be persuaded that you posted for that purpose only. :roll:

"Posting the facts" is always open for debate as well - You post the facts as YOU see them. Other people can look on the internet and find information that supports what they see as the FACTS too. I tend to support your stand on Israel although i am not as extreme as you but i dont agree with you on 911. I see the FACTS differently from you and others. Personal attacks are never justified but this huffiness (not only from yourself Fred - i am also talking about others) when people are at opposing ends of the opinion spectrum is just irritating and stifles debate.

Oh I see, you thought what you know the other poster did was wrong but decided not to mention it and just criticise me for something you imagined I did instead.

I posted a link to a Wikipedia page no more, in what way is that page not factual? Do you have a link to a page which says America doesn't have military bases all over the world?

squidge
13-Feb-10, 14:12
No fred I was not criticising you in my original post - in fact I am not criticising you now. I am talking about the sort of threads i dislike and i used DUCATI's thread to illustrate that. "what's wrong with America"

I used your posts to illustrate my point that these types of post seem to be a light the blue touch paper and stand well back and that i suspect many posters do that deliberately hoping and expecting to provoke a response. If you see that as a personal criticism then I apologise.

What i said is that if you post like this you have to expect and be prepared to attract extreme views and that i dont like it when posters do that and then cry foul.

I didnt say that the link you posted isnt factual either just that one person's truth is another persons conspiracy theory.

As for personal attacks being wrong and not mentioning that in the firstplace -Im sorry - it was late I was cold and i had made the points i wanted to make about the types of posts i dont like much.

IM away to watch the rugby and cheer for scotland against wales. IM not arguing with you any more Fred. I might change my mind when i comeback but i think that other posters will drawtheir own conclusions so ill leave it to those that are bothered to comment. You are just too touchy today!

northener
13-Feb-10, 14:39
No fred I was not criticising you in my original post - in fact I am not criticising you now. I am talking about the sort of threads i dislike and i used DUCATI's thread to illustrate that. "what's wrong with America"

I used your posts to illustrate my point that these types of post seem to be a light the blue touch paper and stand well back and that i suspect many posters do that deliberately hoping and expecting to provoke a response. If you see that as a personal criticism then I apologise.

What i said is that if you post like this you have to expect and be prepared to attract extreme views and that i dont like it when posters do that and then cry foul.

I didnt say that the link you posted isnt factual either just that one person's truth is another persons conspiracy theory.

As for personal attacks being wrong and not mentioning that in the firstplace -Im sorry - it was late I was cold and i had made the points i wanted to make about the types of posts i dont like much.

IM away to watch the rugby and cheer for scotland against wales. IM not arguing with you any more Fred. I might change my mind when i comeback but i think that other posters will drawtheir own conclusions so ill leave it to those that are bothered to comment. You are just too touchy today!

Fred will never admit to agreeing with anyone when challenged on any subject. Fred's views are the only ones with any merit. Fred will ignore anything he hasn't got a straight answer for and Fred will never, ever see the other persons point of view.

Squidge, you've just seen first hand here how Fred reacts when challenged. No attempt to discuss, straight on the 'poor me' defensive once he's run out of ammo. Fred is right in everything he says and no-one has the right say any different.

You don't have discussions with Fred, you are patronisingly lectured by Fred. Period.

So Fred, what do you make of that? A rational and well argued observation upon your attitude towards other people on here or an unwarranted personal attack?

Boozeburglar
13-Feb-10, 14:42
The answer to this apparent problem of off topic/thread hijack is to change the format of the threads so that they can branch off, allowing people to ignore those branches and only read posts relating to the main thread.

Leanne
13-Feb-10, 15:39
I think this has gone off topic :P

ducati
13-Feb-10, 17:58

Perhaps you understand now Grasshopper

northener
13-Feb-10, 18:11
I think this has gone off topic :P

It's all your fault. Stop picking on me.

Vistravi
13-Feb-10, 18:49

I agree with you squidge. Why does someone's bad spelling even matter?? It is what they are syaing that counts not thier spelling. My spelling is quite bad at times hence why most of my posts have a (sp) in them. I also type things wrong and don't prove read what i have typed, only to notice it after i have posted it. The spelling brigade is just one sure way of putting you off a thread.

Vistravi
13-Feb-10, 18:56
More important things to be worrying about than hijacked threads id say. Were lucky we dont live in poverty,arent homeless, etc etc Its sad that we cant all as a whole forum get on together and help each other theres to much critisisms and unfriendlyness going on and its such a shame.
Live and let live, maybe even try and help each other out a bit more as times can be hard but something little you do may seem like something big to someone else.

Well said. Completly agree.

ducati
13-Feb-10, 18:56
I agree with you squidge. Why does someone's bad spelling even matter?? It is what they are syaing that counts not thier spelling. My spelling is quite bad at times hence why most of my posts have a (sp) in them. I also type things wrong and don't prove read what i have typed, only to notice it after i have posted it. The spelling brigade is just one sure way of putting you off a thread.

I disagree, there is absolutely no evidence.

Vistravi
13-Feb-10, 18:58

It is a pain though when you really can't think of how a word is spelt! I think i sometimes appear lazy in posts but there are time when i really have no idea as how to spell a word. ;)

Vistravi
13-Feb-10, 19:01
I disagree, there is absolutely no evidence.

I'm a bit confused ducati. What do you disagree on? If it is my bad spelling which i am guilty of having i've just shown it again in my post you quoted by typing a word wrong :lol: I really have to preview my posts. :roll:

Vistravi
13-Feb-10, 19:03
I have to admit the threads i lose interest in are the ones which get to the point where there are just lots of quoted posts that have been broken down and the other poster has replyed to every little bit. :eek:

ducati
13-Feb-10, 19:06
It is a pain though when you really can't think of how a word is spelt! I think i sometimes appear lazy in posts but there are time when i really have no idea as how to spell a word. ;)

Don't take this the wrong way; my spelling isn't great.

If it is important to you, just open a word document copy the post into it and let spell check sort it out.

If its not, then to hell with ‘em and don’t worry about it :D

Vistravi
13-Feb-10, 19:08
I never do ducati. If i can't think of how to spell a word i put in how i think its spelt and leave it ;)

northener
13-Feb-10, 19:31
I have to admit the threads What threads, be more specific!
i lose interest Are you fik or wot?
in are the ones which get to the point point? does there always have to be a point? isn't life itself pointless?
where there are just lots of quoted posts that have been broken down where? I can't see any
and the other poster has replyed to every little bit. :eek: nah, nobody would be so sad, surely.

Yup, I know, i'm already on my way out.

Vistravi
13-Feb-10, 19:47
What threads, be more specific! Are you fik or wot? point? does there always have to be a point? isn't life itself pointless? where? I can't see any nah, nobody would be so sad, surely.

Yup, I know, i'm already on my way out.

[lol][lol]

fred
13-Feb-10, 21:34
Fred will never admit to agreeing with anyone when challenged on any subject. Fred's views are the only ones with any merit. Fred will ignore anything he hasn't got a straight answer for and Fred will never, ever see the other persons point of view.

Squidge, you've just seen first hand here how Fred reacts when challenged. No attempt to discuss, straight on the 'poor me' defensive once he's run out of ammo. Fred is right in everything he says and no-one has the right say any different.

You don't have discussions with Fred, you are patronisingly lectured by Fred. Period.

So Fred, what do you make of that? A rational and well argued observation upon your attitude towards other people on here or an unwarranted personal attack?

Well now I was right about Iraq wasn't I? When I said there were no WMD, no link to Al Qaeda or 9/11, no nuclear weapons program. Wasn't I saying years ago that our invasion of Iraq was illegal? Getting called all sorts for it, but isn't that what has been revealed at the Chilcot inquiry? Wasn't I derided in 2004 when I said America was going to build permanent bases in Iraq but build permanent bases they have. Wasn't I right about the Menendez shooting? Didn't the inquiry prove me right? And when those British sailors were arrested off Iran, wasn't I the only one saying they were not in Iraqi waters and didn't the MOD inquiry prove me right?

Kevin Milkins
13-Feb-10, 21:46
Well now I was right about Iraq wasn't I? When I said there were no WMD, no link to Al Qaeda or 9/11, no nuclear weapons program. Wasn't I saying years ago that our invasion of Iraq was illegal? Getting called all sorts for it, but isn't that what has been revealed at the Chilcot inquiry? Wasn't I derided in 2004 when I said America was going to build permanent bases in Iraq but build permanent bases they have. Wasn't I right about the Menendez shooting? Didn't the inquiry prove me right? And when those British sailors were arrested off Iran, wasn't I the only one saying they were not in Iraqi waters and didn't the MOD inquiry prove me right?

Yep, it would seem you were right, Fred.

I am sure there's a song there somewhere.:roll:

changilass
13-Feb-10, 21:47
Oh for crying out loud, can someone give Fred a blue peter badge or sumat.

He is the ONLY one who is ever right and we should all hang on his every bliddy word.

Maybe once he has been given some recognition for being the only person who is alus right he might just shut the hell up........... failing that does anyone have any gaffer tape please.

ducati
13-Feb-10, 22:05

Give us, us boat back!

Stavro
13-Feb-10, 22:39
Oh for crying out loud, can someone give Fred a blue peter badge or sumat.

He is the ONLY one who is ever right and we should all hang on his every bliddy word.

Maybe once he has been given some recognition for being the only person who is alus right he might just shut the hell up...........

The issues that he mentioned are extremely important ones, literally life and death to fellow human beings. I wonder if you would write your "shut the hell up" tirade if you lived in Iraq, or were a refugee in Palestine? My guess is that you would not, but would be pleased that at least someone stood up against the crowd and swam against the tide on your behalf.

Yours was a sad post.

northener
14-Feb-10, 00:01

Fred, your opinion that the Iraq war was illegal does not automatically make it fact.

Thus implying you are always right.....which is where we came in, I believe......

BTW I notice that despite being quick to prove just how right you are all the time, you haven't answered my question yet?

bekisman
14-Feb-10, 00:22
Sounds better to me (Feb 2009)

A new opinion poll in Iraq suggests that, for the first time since the war in 2003, worries about violence and insecurity are no longer the overriding concern of most Iraqis.
They are very much more hopeful about the future, and are increasingly preoccupied now with more conventional worries like the economy, job prospects and the availability of basic necessities.
The poll, commissioned by the BBC, ABC News and NHK of Japan, is the sixth in a series stretching back to March 2004.

Its findings show striking shifts in opinion since the last poll, in March 2008 – by more than 10% in many cases, rising to as much as 48%. A key factor in this new upbeat tone is a very much higher level of optimism within the Sunni population.

On security, 85% of all respondents described the current situation as very good or quite good – up 23% on a year ago. Fifty-two per cent say security has improved over the last year, up 16% on March 2008. Only 8% that it's worse – as against 26% 12 months ago. Fifty-nine per cent say they feel safe in their neighbourhoods, up 22% from 37% last time. The numbers of people who report direct experience of car bombs, suicide attacks, sectarian fighting, kidnappings and assassination in their areas are much lower than last year.

Those who say their lives are going very well or quite well are now 65% of the total, up 9% on March 2008. And there's a 14% increase, to 60%, of those who think things will be better in Iraq as a whole in a year from now.

Some aspects of everyday life are improving too. The availability of power has been a major issue in the past six years, with only around 10% of the population saying in previous polls that they have had reliable supplies. In the latest poll, that figure has leapt by 25%, to 37%. And the number of those who say that availability of fuel for cooking or driving is now very good or quite good has also shot up to 67%, a 48% rise on the 19% of March 2008.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/03_march/16/iraq.shtml

Stavro
14-Feb-10, 01:08
For Iraqi civilians the consequences of the invasion is dire.
At least 430 Iraqi professors have been murdered, hundreds more have disappeared, and thousands have fled; more than 80 percent of Iraqi universities have been bombed, burned, or looted. Many journalists, have disappeared and hundreds have been killed. Furthemore, 4.5 million have fled and many refugees have gone to Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran and Lebanon. This is one of the largest forced migrations in the world. Many will never be in a position to return to their homeland.

northener
14-Feb-10, 01:13
Well, we're drifting way off thread now.

"Boing" said Zebedee.

Metalattakk
14-Feb-10, 01:47
For Iraqi civilians the consequences of the invasion is dire.
At least 430 Iraqi professors have been murdered, hundreds more have disappeared, and thousands have fled; more than 80 percent of Iraqi universities have been bombed, burned, or looted. Many journalists, have disappeared and hundreds have been killed. Furthemore, 4.5 million have fled and many refugees have gone to Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran and Lebanon. This is one of the largest forced migrations in the world. Many will never be in a position to return to their homeland.

Forget all that: Professors and journalists and all that irrelevant stuff. Who cares?

At least one heavy metal band (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/arts/music/03metal.html) has been forced to flee Iraq. Now that is something I care about.

Sheesh, talk about thread hijacking. :roll:

sandyr1
14-Feb-10, 01:58
Whilst discussing Hijacked Threads, perhaps we/you could use some Peer Pressure to forbid comments such as that which was placed by Joxville on the 'Winter Olympics'. Obviously the Mods..I think you call them..don't bother challenging such comments as the comments are still there...have we become so fixated with 'dirt' that this is the norm?
I was watching the Olympics live and saw this poor young Georgian athlete/ contestant losing control and dying, and Joxville's comment was to me ruthless....I cannot understand how this can be a joke even in drunkeness...anti social behaviour or whatever else one calls it nowadays.
I understand the Caithness people/ I was one of them and I have seen much in my travels, and my profession, but to coldy making a comment/ post on someone dying is......well .....use your own words.
And then to add insult, a person was trying to justify what was said (Please read it and decide for yourselves) was just a mistake.
I don't want to stir the proverbial ......, but I feel something must be done.
TY....sandyr1

Stavro
14-Feb-10, 02:06
Whilst discussing Hijacked Threads, perhaps we/you could use some Peer Pressure to forbid comments such as that which was placed by Joxville on the 'Winter Olympics'. Obviously the Mods..I think you call them..don't bother challenging such comments as the comments are still there...have we become so fixated with 'dirt' that this is the norm?
I was watching the Olympics live and saw this poor young Georgian athlete/ contestant losing control and dying, and Joxville's comment was to me ruthless....I cannot understand how this can be a joke even in drunkeness...anti social behaviour or whatever else one calls it nowadays.
I understand the Caithness people/ I was one of them and I have seen much in my travels, and my profession, but to coldy making a comment/ post on someone dying is......well .....use your own words.
And then to add insult, a person was trying to justify what was said (Please read it and decide for yourselves) was just a mistake.
I don't want to stir the proverbial ......, but I feel something must be done.
TY....sandyr1

I feel a lot of sympathy with your viewpoint. Some things should not be turned into cheap humour. But the thing to do, in my opinion, is exactly what you have done ... voice your objection publicly.

Metalattakk
14-Feb-10, 02:24
but I feel something must be done.

Complain to the Mods - report the post.

It's been stated here lately (by a Mod himself) that if a single post gets reported to them by three different people, it gets removed and discussed among the moderating team. If it is deemed to not have broken the rules it is returned to the forum. If it is deemed against the rules, then it is removed permanently.

Which particular rule of this forum do you think it actually broke?

And for your information, I didn't even begin to 'justify' Jox's post. I said all along it was a mistake, and wrong. But nah, you'll read into it what you want, eh? Plum.

fred
14-Feb-10, 08:57
Fred, your opinion that the Iraq war was illegal does not automatically make it fact.

No but every last international lawyer at the Foreign Office saying they considered the war illegal does put the weight of probabilities heavily in favour, as does the Dutch inquiry ruling that the war was illegal. In fact it seems from the Chilcot enquiry the only person saying it was legal was Goldsmith and even he was saying it was illegal till the CIA made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Yet still you cling to your faith and hound and harass me for trying to bring reality into the debates.

fred
14-Feb-10, 09:02
Some aspects of everyday life are improving too. The availability of power has been a major issue in the past six years, with only around 10% of the population saying in previous polls that they have had reliable supplies. In the latest poll, that figure has leapt by 25%, to 37%. And the number of those who say that availability of fuel for cooking or driving is now very good or quite good has also shot up to 67%, a 48% rise on the 19% of March 2008.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/03_march/16/iraq.shtml[/LEFT]

So eight years after we invaded people living in the country with the third highest oil reserves can once again get some fuel for their stoves, not subsidised oil like they got under Saddam Hussein but at least they can get some oil to cook their meals.

And we're shouting it from the rooftops as a success.

fred
14-Feb-10, 09:07
Well, we're drifting way off thread now.

"Boing" said Zebedee.

Yes, as usual the clique moved in with a personal attack on me forcing me to abandon the topic and defend myself.

Just as I said you would in post #62:

You hijacked another thread.

Ricco
14-Feb-10, 09:11
it is affecting it. I know of more than 1 person who says I'm a member but I never post, I'm scared I'll get the "P" pulled out of my post. Forums need new blood to exist and develop but others are more interested in boosting their own egos

No-one should be afraid of having a bit of leg-pulling. Most (if not all) orgers are good natured and most enjoy a bit of humour. I have noticed two camps - those complaining that the org is so dull with tiresome posts and those who complain that there is too much wit and humour.

Come on, guys - this is a community forum and it will have representatives of all aspects of the community. Personally, I enjoy the org. If a thread doesn't interest me I don't read it (hint!). If my post gets hijacked I make light of it because I enjoy some of the humour.

If your post does get hijacked and you are not happy - there is a ruling for this case. Simply report the hijack to admin. Good luck - sit back and don't be too serious. :)

fred
14-Feb-10, 09:24
Forget all that: Professors and journalists and all that irrelevant stuff. Who cares?

I do.

Jeez if only people could care half as much about a child getting their legs blown off by a cluster bomb or a baby born deformed from DU in Iraq as they do about a kid getting their knickers looked at in Castletown we might make a start to put some wrongs right in this world.

ducati
14-Feb-10, 10:59
No-one should be afraid of having a bit of leg-pulling. Most (if not all) orgers are good natured and most enjoy a bit of humour. I have noticed two camps - those complaining that the org is so dull with tiresome posts and those who complain that there is too much wit and humour.

Come on, guys - this is a community forum and it will have representatives of all aspects of the community. Personally, I enjoy the org. If a thread doesn't interest me I don't read it (hint!). If my post gets hijacked I make light of it because I enjoy some of the humour.

If your post does get hijacked and you are not happy - there is a ruling for this case. Simply report the hijack to admin. Good luck - sit back and don't be too serious. :)

Step sideways, study the people arou.....Aaaagh fall of the bridge :Razz

bekisman
14-Feb-10, 11:00
So eight years after we invaded people living in the country with the third highest oil reserves can once again get some fuel for their stoves, not subsidised oil like they got under Saddam Hussein but at least they can get some oil to cook their meals.

And we're shouting it from the rooftops as a success.

Hi Fred - please feel free to travel to Iraq where in 24 years Saddam killed between 600,000 and 1,000,000 Iraqi civilians, was responsible for the deaths of between 250,000 and 550,000 Iraqi military personnel and over 700,000 Iranians and Kuwaitis this is an average of between 25,260 and 42,108 civilians a year. A hell of a lot .. Apply for Visa now.

This thread is going off course (again) I'll stop if you do?

fred
14-Feb-10, 11:31
Hi Fred - please feel free to travel to Iraq where in 24 years Saddam killed between 600,000 and 1,000,000 Iraqi civilians, was responsible for the deaths of between 250,000 and 550,000 Iraqi military personnel and over 700,000 Iranians and Kuwaitis this is an average of between 25,260 and 42,108 civilians a year. A hell of a lot .. Apply for Visa now.

This thread is going off course (again) I'll stop if you do?

I hope you aren't including over a million Iraqis we killed with our sanctions in those figures.

If you want to stop just say so without the prologue.

bekisman
14-Feb-10, 12:16
I hope you aren't including over a million Iraqis we killed with our sanctions in those figures.

If you want to stop just say so without the prologue.

will do if you do

northener
14-Feb-10, 13:20
......Yet still you cling to your faith and hound and harass me for trying to bring reality into the debates.

Yes, as usual the clique moved in with a personal attack on me forcing me to abandon the topic and defend myself.

Just as I said you would in post #62:

You hijacked another thread.

Lets strip this back down to the bare bones, Fred.

This is a thread regarding hijacking.

You complained about being constantly harassed by a 'clique'.

I tried to point out that much of the criticism heaped upon you and posts is caused by your own constant refusal to accept that anyones' viewpoint is valid apart from your own. I also pointed out that you never answer a straight question if answering it may jeopardise your firmly held opinion.

Your response, as I predicted (sound familiar?) is to cry foul and revert to 'cliques' and 'harassment' mode.

Do you ever wonder why you get so much grief, Fred? It's not because you are omniscient and have sole access to 'reality' - as you just said above - it's because of the way you beat everyone around the head with your beliefs.
No-one else draws the same amount of flak as yourself , please could you explain why without blaming everyone else for your ills?

There is no 'clique' Fred. There is no-one (certainly not me anyway) who is out to 'hound and harass' you.
Have I harassed you on the MMR thread? Has anyone else? You came up with some good discussion and facts there - nobody dived down your throat...why's that then? Could it possibly be because you posted in a responsible and helpful manner instead of trying to bang some personal viewpoint home at the expense of eveyone else?

You reap what you sow, Fred. You reap what you sow.

fred
14-Feb-10, 13:33
Do you ever wonder why you get so much grief, Fred? It's not because you are omniscient and have sole access to 'reality' - as you just said above - it's because of the way you beat everyone around the head with your beliefs.
No-one else draws the same amount of flak as yourself , please could you explain why without blaming everyone else for your ills?

Well yes, I don't get any grief on the threads where the clique have no incentive to shout down anyone who doesn't agree with their far right agenda.

There are people who have very strong feelings on that thread too yet they manage to discus the subject not the person.

roadbowler
14-Feb-10, 14:13
two people or groups of persons can totally disagree on a subject and agree to disagree. Even on a few points they may agree. The thing people should remember is there are ways to have a constructive agrument. One of these ways is dialectic. The examples of dialectic on this forum are few a far between which is why the general section is now filled with slagging matches. quite disappointing really because there are a few serious topics worth debating. Think twice about sticking an oar in and telling people which issues are important to people, therefore your argument is invalid. Anybody practising even a little bit of critical thinking considers all aspects of an argument including bias, prejudice, misinformation, and etc. Any efforts to suppress and ridicule aspects of an argument is a sign of someone not in pursuit of truth. Equally, you are not in pursuit of the truth if you push information challenged and proven incorrect or partially incorrect or even questionable and cannot admit to being either plain ol' wrong, admit that thanks, i'll look into that idea and try to see if i can improve my claim or otherwise. Keep sarcastic remarks designed to derogate another poster to yourself. If you have to resort to calling people conspiracy theorists, bigots or any other names btw, you've lost and now look a bit silly. You can not have a constructive dialectic that is restrained by egocentrism either. This includes implying the people here are too uneducated to discuss certain topics because either the topic is too complicated or do not have a school qualification. If people are getting a bit out of hand or even rude towards you brush it off and ignore. If you continie to get screamed at deal with it best you can. If you have put them on your ignore list for anything it is worth considering you have decided they have nothing worthy of contemplating in future. In my opinion ignore lists are lame. If you feel the need to report posts because they offend you remember who that makes the desperate party. Considering forums are largely for debate and discussion you would think people would be good at doing it constructively and with a little respect by now.

northener
14-Feb-10, 14:46
Well yes, I don't get any grief on the threads where the clique have no incentive to shout down anyone who doesn't agree with their far right agenda.

There are people who have very strong feelings on that thread too yet they manage to discus the subject not the person.

I have no far right agenda, Fred. If anything I'm more of a Leftie.
I believe there is a lot of ill informed rabid fear regarding Islam and the ME. I also believe that the US foreign policy is seriously flawed in many areas. And I don't like racism one bit.

I'm inclines to agree with you in more than a few areas. And I've said so at the time - so I don't see how I can on the one hand agree with you and then be accused of hassling you when I choose to differ from your viewpoint....

Anyway, so this doesn't turn in to some tiresome meandyoubangingonalldayandnight thread, I'll leave this one alone now.

Good Hunting, Fred.

Leanne
14-Feb-10, 14:50
two people or groups of persons can totally disagree on a subject and agree to disagree. Even on a few points they may agree. The thing people should remember is there are ways to have a constructive agrument. One of these ways is dialectic. The examples of dialectic on this forum are few a far between which is why the general section is now filled with slagging matches. quite disappointing really because there are a few serious topics worth debating. Think twice about sticking an oar in and telling people which issues are important to people, therefore your argument is invalid. Anybody practising even a little bit of critical thinking considers all aspects of an argument including bias, prejudice, misinformation, and etc. Any efforts to suppress and ridicule aspects of an argument is a sign of someone not in pursuit of truth. Equally, you are not in pursuit of the truth if you push information challenged and proven incorrect or partially incorrect or even questionable and cannot admit to being either plain ol' wrong, admit that thanks, i'll look into that idea and try to see if i can improve my claim or otherwise. Keep sarcastic remarks designed to derogate another poster to yourself. If you have to resort to calling people conspiracy theorists, bigots or any other names btw, you've lost and now look a bit silly. You can not have a constructive dialectic that is restrained by egocentrism either. This includes implying the people here are too uneducated to discuss certain topics because either the topic is too complicated or do not have a school qualification. If people are getting a bit out of hand or even rude towards you brush it off and ignore. If you continie to get screamed at deal with it best you can. If you have put them on your ignore list for anything it is worth considering you have decided they have nothing worthy of contemplating in future. In my opinion ignore lists are lame. If you feel the need to report posts because they offend you remember who that makes the desperate party. Considering forums are largely for debate and discussion you would think people would be good at doing it constructively and with a little respect by now.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/260809/thumbnail/smiley%20sign%20i%20agree.gif

Though one thing that does irk me a little is when someone belittles the fact I have a degree. "just because you have a degree doesn't mean you know everything". Yep I know that but I am sharing information not belittling your own education. We all learn through sharing and questioning of points of view whether formally or not :)

A lecturer I know was lecturing from her own book on reverse DNA transcriptase. I pointed out to her that the text and diagram was actually explaining protein production, not how we can determine a DNA sequence from the protein structure. The book had been quoted incorrectly, by her and many, many others and noone had every questioned it. When she had calmed down at my insolence she had the amendments made to the next edition and gave me written credit for it :) If you look at a lot of DNA and protein books you will find about 50% are arrse up in their explanations :P

squidge
14-Feb-10, 23:18
ok fred - I am intrigued

Clique? What clique? Who is in it and how do you identify them? What makes them part of the clique? Is the clique a good clique or a bad clique? If so what makes them good or bad?

Name names fred or shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :roll:

Mystical Potato Head
14-Feb-10, 23:57
I agree Dragonfly,I myself know of at least 2 members who wont post for fear of being "picked on" and I also know of one who used to be a good poster but isnt posting anymore after being bullied,doesnt say much for the members or moderators really does it?x

edit-before I get an infraction for saying what I did what I meant was that sometimes mods seem to let people off with things that others wouldnt get away with-just they way I see it not accusing anyone of it!
Some ppl seem to get off with constantly being abusive and offensive.
I got an infraction for writing bu**er,masking a swear word is not allowed.
Funnily enough i have seen the word written on several occassions and not removed so if i had written instead of bu**er i would have got of with it.......

fred
15-Feb-10, 00:06
ok fred - I am intrigued

Clique? What clique? Who is in it and how do you identify them? What makes them part of the clique? Is the clique a good clique or a bad clique? If so what makes them good or bad?

Name names fred or shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :roll:

Did you take a another look at post #79 yet?

Here is the chain of events. Someone made a statement which was obviously untrue, I posted a link showing that the statement was untrue without further comment, I got a load of personal abuse hurled at me including being called a Jew hater, you post criticising only me. You don't accuse the person who made the untrue statement of inflaming the issue, you do not even mention the abusive comments, you just decide it was my fault for posting a link.

Why was that then? How come people who hurl abusive libellous attacks at people are still here when those who commit lesser crimes are gone? Are you still a moderator?

changilass
15-Feb-10, 00:08
FOA MPH

So if you KNOW its the masking rather than the actual word that aint allowed, why do it again and risk more trouble?:roll::lol:

Mystical Potato Head
15-Feb-10, 00:25
FOA MPH

So if you KNOW its the masking rather than the actual word that aint allowed, why do it again and risk more trouble?:roll::lol:

Well i would hope that the word would get you in as much trouble as the masked word,seems ridiculous that that the implied word gets you in trouble but the actual word doesnt.

Its hardly the most offensive swear word in the book and certainly a lot less offensive than some of the abusive comments certain ppl have to put up with on here.
As for risking more trouble...i dont give a you know what anymore.

squidge
15-Feb-10, 02:33
Are you still a moderator?

No:D

BTW did you report the post you didnt like to the to the moderators?

Are you saying that I am the clique? All by myself? That cant be much fun- a clique of one!!!! and a clique with a Far right agenda. ?????

Perhaps you are suggesting that its a "lets all criticise Fred clique?" there might actually be a few other members of that clique right enough but I dont think that would be very fair. If there is one then i havent been invited to join but then again I dont recall criticising only you - in fact i dont recall criticising anyone. I do recall offering my opinion about certain types of posts which included the ones you made but i dont think i was particularly unfairly critical about you. All i did was suggest that you may very well have known what was likely to happen when you posted that link. In the same way as Ducati probably knew what to expect when he started the thread. Being as you have been down this road before where you made similar posts on this forum and had a similar resulti have to assume that you knew EXACTLY what the outcome of your posts would be.

I think thats fair comment not unfair criticism.

fred
15-Feb-10, 10:25
No:D

BTW did you report the post you didnt like to the to the moderators?

You know I didn't.

Are you saying that I am the clique? All by myself? That cant be much fun- a clique of one!!!! and a clique with a Far right agenda. ?????

Well move on now to post #103 where once again I come under scathing attack for defending myself. Is the author of that one still a moderator?

Perhaps you are suggesting that its a "lets all criticise Fred clique?" there might actually be a few other members of that clique right enough but I dont think that would be very fair. If there is one then i havent been invited to join but then again I dont recall criticising only you - in fact i dont recall criticising anyone. I do recall offering my opinion about certain types of posts which included the ones you made but i dont think i was particularly unfairly critical about you. All i did was suggest that you may very well have known what was likely to happen when you posted that link. In the same way as Ducati probably knew what to expect when he started the thread. Being as you have been down this road before where you made similar posts on this forum and had a similar resulti have to assume that you knew EXACTLY what the outcome of your posts would be.

I think thats fair comment not unfair criticism.

Well now that is the sad part, just like the rapist who blames the victim saying "her own fault, she wears short skirts, she was asking for it" you actually believe your post was fair and unbiased.

Tighsonas4
15-Feb-10, 10:40
its seems obvious theres a lot of un employment around these days as gone are good old days when the org was like the morming paper
little wonder so many have just packed it up and gone
its now worse than a pub full of drunks whining away at one another even some for five pages
SAD and thats my opinion and its not worth while coming back on this as thats MY opinion and am not prepared to argue and couldnt care less what anyone thinks
regards to one and all tony

_Ju_
15-Feb-10, 11:51

Ju, if u have not noticed, i am ignoring you. You seem to be developing a bad habit of following me around this forum with only an argument for the sake of argument. It's rather childish and completely unhelpful to anyone. So, no thanks.

How absoloutely childish, Roadbowler. I only post on threads that I find interesting. I am not following you around on the board. I am sorry that you have that impression, Roadbowler. If you go into your user CP you have the option to put my name on your ignore list and perhaps that would dispel your ludicrous notion. The added value is that there is one less disagreeing with you on here.

Now back to the subject at hand:

If vaccinations are so inefficient and innept, why do they work on animals?

PS: Just checked. I have posted on exactly 2 threads in comon with you, roadbowler, as far as I can see. I thought I would just check. 2 threads. Talk about oversensitive and hyper-reactive.

What?????????????????????????? It does not feel like you practice what you preach, Roadbowler. You choose to bellow (as in load roar) people down, or when a direct question is asked that is difficult to answer, ignore it (the question, and eventually the person). You are welcome to choose to do those things, but it does taint with hypocrisy
By the way, we now have three threads in common Roadbowler, myself having posted before you on this one. Just incase you are feeling followed again.

_Ju_
15-Feb-10, 11:52

Ju, if u have not noticed, i am ignoring you. You seem to be developing a bad habit of following me around this forum with only an argument for the sake of argument. It's rather childish and completely unhelpful to anyone. So, no thanks.

How absoloutely childish, Roadbowler. I only post on threads that I find interesting. I am not following you around on the board. I am sorry that you have that impression, Roadbowler. If you go into your user CP you have the option to put my name on your ignore list and perhaps that would dispel your ludicrous notion. The added value is that there is one less disagreeing with you on here.

Now back to the subject at hand:

If vaccinations are so inefficient and innept, why do they work on animals?

PS: Just checked. I have posted on exactly 2 threads in comon with you, roadbowler, as far as I can see. I thought I would just check. 2 threads. Talk about oversensitive and hyper-reactive.

What?????????????????????????? It does not feel like you practice what you preach, Roadbowler. You choose to bellow (as in load roar) people down, or when a direct question is asked that is difficult to answer, ignore it (the question, and eventually the person). You are welcome to choose to do those things, but it does taint with hypocrisy your very eloquent post on this thread.
By the way, we now have three threads in common Roadbowler, myself having posted before you on this one. Just incase you are feeling followed/harrassed again.

roadbowler
15-Feb-10, 12:14
ju. No thank you.

dragonfly
15-Feb-10, 14:29
anyone else for anything more................??

northener
15-Feb-10, 15:33
I said I'd retired gracefully from this thread.

But, I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing now.......

Many, many thanks for the Fred Karnos Army who have made this thread so entertaining over the past few days.

squidge
15-Feb-10, 23:44
You know I didn't.

Well move on now to post #103 where once again I come under scathing attack for defending myself. Is the author of that one still a moderator?

Well now that is the sad part, just like the rapist who blames the victim saying "her own fault, she wears short skirts, she was asking for it" you actually believe your post was fair and unbiased.

Oh fred - surely you arent comparing your hurt feelings to a rape victims feelings????

Fred- I accept that i have hurt your feelings by using your posts as examples. I accept i wasnt being unbiased... why should i have been - i was expressing MY opinions about posts I personally dont like - i cant be much more biased than that:roll:

I neither know nor care whether you have reported the post you refer to. However it seems a bit huffy to complain about a post not being removed when its a) exactly what you expected to happen anyway and b) you havent even reported the post in question for examination. If no one else reports it and even YOU dont, who do you think is going to even look at it with a view to doing anything about it. Thats what the wee "report" button is for.

As far as your questions on moderation is concerned I dont know who is moderating this site. I havent done any moderating on the site for at least two years i think - I am too busy.

Now Fred I have answered all your questions with good grace and I hope a sense of humour but i am bored with this now and so I am sure are many of the readers on this board. They must be sick and tired of hearing you say the same things oover and over again and hearing me respond witht he same things. You have told me you dont like me previously but I dont actually care enough about what you think to continue in this vein. I think you are actually just trying to find things to be offended about and its a waste of my time trying to be pleasant or explain anything to you. You never answer any of MY questions and quite frankly IM moving onto other things. My final word on this is "I AM SORRY YOUR POSTS ON THIS THREAD ARE AMONGST ONES I DONT LIKE BUT I DONT LIKE THEM AND i CANT CHANGE THAT". ( Capitals are for emphasis not for shouting)

See you on another thread Fred xx