PDA

View Full Version : Ethel Austin?

Olin
10-Feb-10, 12:41
I have read that Ethel Austin has gone into administration recently?

What does that mean for the employees?

Sad sad sad!

bish667
10-Feb-10, 16:59
Sial..........

Bobinovich
10-Feb-10, 17:49
They closed their doors at 3pm in Thurso today - that was a very short stay!

Sage
10-Feb-10, 17:52
very sad....I wondered why they were closed at 4pm when I left Caithness Horizons :(

The kids will be gutted, they were going there on Saturday to pick up new outfits.

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-10, 18:14
Really? thats it closed? :eek: My sister was there today buying stuff and the staff never said a thing about it!

poppett
10-Feb-10, 18:23
I was in at 1pm collecting a member of staff who remarked she had her eye on a few things to buy the day the shop shut...........so as she was empty handed when I saw her, obviously she didn`t think today was the day!!

mama2
10-Feb-10, 18:31
I was in town today around 4pm and it was shut then. There was no sign to say it was closed just that they were in administration. It's a shame for all the staff x

bekisman
10-Feb-10, 21:34
A total of 469 jobs are to go at clothing retailer Ethel Austin and its sister firm, Au Naturale, which both went into administration this week. The jobs will go in Knowsley, Merseyside, where the head office and distribution depot are located.
The companies' administrator, MCR, said 129 stores would also close, making further job losses inevitable.
The shopworkers' union, Usdaw, said that remaining staff now faced a period of uncertainty about their future.
Closing down sales at the affected stores are due to begin on Thursday, MCR said. The stores will close if a buyer for the retail group cannot be found.
The rest of the group's 300-strong network of stores will continue to trade normally while the administrator looks for a buyer.
"This is devastating news for our members, many of whom are long-serving, loyal employees," said John Gorle from Usdaw.
"We will be working hard with the administrators to salvage what is left," he added.
Ethel Austin went into administration for the second time in as many years earlier this week.
Together with Au Naturale, the chains employ more than 3,700 people.

itsteven
11-Feb-10, 02:50
hi there all i work in ethel austin in wick and i have to say that were not sure when the shop is closing at this time the reason the shop was closed today was we just heard the news of wot was goin on we are still open til futher notice and i would like to thank all the customs that has shopped with us thank u x