PDA

View Full Version : Calder/Oman Family Wick

Wendy Marshall
15-Mar-04, 01:11
I am descended from Alexander Calder from Wick who married Anne Oman in 1849 and had a son William Peter Calder in 1853 in Pulteney Town. Alexander was a sailmaker at the time. Does anyone have any further information on these families ?

Janice
07-Feb-06, 08:57
I have a Alexander Calder b 1717 in Watten who married Margaret Clacher

Russell
26-Mar-07, 21:36
Hi there Wendy
Sorry it has taken so long to make contact but I Googled for Oman and up popped your post.
We too are looking for information on Alexander Calder. We are interested in the marriage to Anne Oman as she fits in somehow to my family tree but we don’t quite know where.
We found her son William living with my great-great grandfather Nathaniel Oman listed as his grand nephew, on the 1861 census in Edinburgh. His mother was working as a domestic servant in Inveresk at the time. We are convinced of this relationship because she consistently states she was born in the West Indies.
We have more information on Alexander, his parents and siblings.
Please get in touch and perhaps we can solve some of the puzzles and identify where Anne Oman ties in with my family.
Russell

Rhandy
26-Mar-07, 21:45
Dear Russell, I have a Calder married to James Innes 1715/17 in Thrumster, would this be your family line?I cannot even find a christian name for her.
Regards
Rhandy

Russell
26-Mar-07, 22:56
Hi Rhandy

I don't think there is a link but we have not managed to get as far back as the 1700's. Will keep you in mind if we do manage to make more progress.

Russell