PDA

View Full Version : Dr Fortunes casebook

Alice in Blunderland
09-Feb-10, 23:39
This is on now BBC1 and will be for the next four weeks and its almost local.........Sutherland with guest appearance by a very special DOCTOR. ;)

Fluff
09-Feb-10, 23:50
It's not on in England sadly, I am watching a programme on boys who hate their mum! (use violence etc)

Alice in Blunderland
10-Feb-10, 00:09
It was lovely looking at the scenery around Dornoch oh and seeing the doctor at work.

Rictina
10-Feb-10, 00:10
Oh I have missed it :(

Does anyone know if its repeated ?

poppett
10-Feb-10, 08:55
So sorry I missed it Alice, being a firm fan of medical documentaries. Will set it up for the rest of the series on Sky. So far it isn`t on BBC catch-up, but sometimes it takes a day or two, so will check again.

Alice in Blunderland
10-Feb-10, 10:27
So sorry I missed it Alice, being a firm fan of medical documentaries. Will set it up for the rest of the series on Sky. So far it isn`t on BBC catch-up, but sometimes it takes a day or two, so will check again.

It was so nice to see the local area on television.

They were filming in and around the Lawson memorial Golspie and in Dornoch. I am unsure what the next three episodes will involve but all in all a good look at what Dr Fortunes work is like. :D

Didnt see DOCTOR on it last night so maybe next week.......... ;)

achingale
10-Feb-10, 13:41
I completely forgot this was on. I must try and catch it next week. She looks like a very caring doctor going by the clips I have seen.

tartanyorkie
10-Feb-10, 13:42
I have not seen that, but Medics of the Glen is very interesting. A doctor on Skye seems to run the hospital single handed then goes home and feeds his animals. Raigmore featured a lot last night with someone from Thurso having a hip replacement.

poppett
10-Feb-10, 17:45
The Medics of the Glen being shown just now is a compilation from a series shown on "Home and Health" on Sky quite regularly. A relative used to work at the Mackinnon hospital so we watched it and were hooked. They cover such a huge area with Raigmore being their main big hospital...Lawson in Golspie would be very similar.

Have Dr Fortune set to tape for next week as I did enjoy her outback adventures...........and hope to see DOCTOR if he is around.

Alice in Blunderland
10-Feb-10, 18:09
Have Dr Fortune set to tape for next week as I did enjoy her outback adventures...........and hope to see DOCTOR if he is around.

He is on it but Im not sure which week it will be. :D

I enjoy watching medics of the glen as well. :D

poppett
10-Feb-10, 18:42
Hospital Sydney is another well done documentary on Sky

badger
10-Feb-10, 18:50
I watched this last night and thought she was a wonderful doctor but - are there no limits now to what people don't mind us seeing? The man with severe constipation - would you want to be seen on national tv throughout the cure with sound effects? At least he was happy :eek:

travy
10-Feb-10, 19:34
yes i seen it last night Dr Fortune was my old doc and it was very funny to see her on the telly. there was a few people on in which i knew the girl that had something wrong with her neck went to school with me

south view 7
10-Feb-10, 21:57
I watched this last night and thought she was a wonderful doctor but - are there no limits now to what people don't mind us seeing? The man with severe constipation - would you want to be seen on national tv throughout the cure with sound effects? At least he was happy :eek:
Ithought mr.slobum was the funniest thing i saw on telly since a long time.....

doyle
10-Feb-10, 22:55
When is Medics of the Glen on and what channel? Cheers

poppett
10-Feb-10, 23:15
Medics of the glen is available on STV player. Just google Medics of the glen and the links pop up. Enjoy!

Whitewater
10-Feb-10, 23:19
Dr Fortune was a locum in the Wick medical centre for some time, a very nice lady and doctor. I thought Mr Slobum was very aptly named.

poppett
10-Feb-10, 23:20
Also part way through the series of Medics of the Glen on Sky.......discovery home and health channel at 5pm weekday nights.

tonkatojo
10-Feb-10, 23:24
I have not seen that, but Medics of the Glen is very interesting. A doctor on Skye seems to run the hospital single handed then goes home and feeds his animals. Raigmore featured a lot last night with someone from Thurso having a hip replacement.

I remember DR Ball being the head at the Broadford hospital, he done the lot almost single handed, great bloke, this was about 13-14 year ago surely he's not still there now ??. He originated from my home town in Geordie land.

doyle
11-Feb-10, 00:06
Thanks for that poppett.

Liz
11-Feb-10, 15:19
I watched it last night and really enjoyed it.

Agree re Mr Slobum and thought it was really funny when Dr Fortune said she would see whether she could make him Mr Fastbum!:lol:

Wasn't the lady with Parkinsons disease a great character and thought it was lovely how her dog saved her when she fell outside and followed her all around.

Did anyone else notice that the nurse was Heather Mackay who used to sing in a band but can't remember the name?

I wish it was a longer series.:(

Alice in Blunderland
11-Feb-10, 15:49
I
Did anyone else notice that the nurse was Heather Mackay who used to sing in a band but can't remember the name?

I wish it was a longer series.:(

Yes I did.

Her mum works/used to work (Im not sure) in Caithness General cleaning. Lovely lady. :)

Liz
11-Feb-10, 18:48
Yes I did.

Her mum works/used to work (Im not sure) in Caithness General cleaning. Lovely lady. :)

Can you remember the band she sang with as it's bugging me? Of course you will be too young to know this but maybe someone else knows?

rhoda
11-Feb-10, 19:28
I am pretty sure Heather sang with the Dynamos Band and I think it would have been in the seventies.

Liz
11-Feb-10, 20:08
I am pretty sure Heather sang with the Dynamos Band and I think it would have been in the seventies.

I thought it was the Dynamos but someone told me it wasn't but Heather Mackay and The Dynamos does sound right?

Cheers Rhoda!:D

poppett
11-Feb-10, 20:31
Heather was indeed a part of the Dynamos Showband in the 1970`s. She was also singer with the Rhythm Four. She borrowed a pair of boots from me for a photoshoot for their album!.............still awaiting their return. Happy days......happy memories.

Moira
13-Feb-10, 23:58
This is on now BBC1 and will be for the next four weeks and its almost local.........Sutherland with guest appearance by a very special DOCTOR. ;)

Sadly, it would seem that this programme is not viewable by the BBC i-player, more is the pity. The national programmes are all available to view but not so some of the regional interest programmes.

I'll be tuning in live to the remaining episodes though.

Heather Mackay was indeed a member of the Rhythm Four. Did not Willie Byrne head up that band? Great times, great music. I remember them all distinctly in my early Primary School years. ;)

Alice in Blunderland
14-Feb-10, 00:12
I remember them all distinctly in my early Primary School years.

:eek: eh :eek: planet earth calling Moira [lol]

Moira
14-Feb-10, 00:18
You'll have to shout LOUDER Alice. I've taken Northener's BinBox out for Space Trials. :D

Pinkfairy
14-Feb-10, 09:29
If my memory serves me right was Heather Mackay not at one time a welder at Nigg?

poppett
14-Feb-10, 21:23
Pinkfairy..............you are spot on. Heather was indeed a Nigg welder.

Willie Byrne fronted the Newmen with Neil MacConnechie and Stanley Macnab, whilst the Rhythm four was Andrew Sinclair, Tommy Cass, Sandy Chisholm and Jim Sutherland.

scrabster view
16-Feb-10, 09:06
Watch it tonight - there are a few faces from Caithness/Sutherland.

Alice in Blunderland
16-Feb-10, 23:00
Im watching and recording just in case I recognise a face ;)

Invisible
16-Feb-10, 23:42
sad start to this with drunk donald

silverfox57
17-Feb-10, 07:51
Sadly, it would seem that this programmer is not viewable by the BBC i-player, more is the pity. The national programme are all available to view but not so some of the regional interest programmer.

I'll be tuning in live to the remaining episodes though.

Heather Mackay was indeed a member of the Rhythm Four. Did not Willie Byrne head up that band? Great times, great music. I remember them all distinctly in my early Primary School years. ;)
watch on BBC i player by going to BBC Scotland and click programme works fine.

Boozeburglar
17-Feb-10, 08:51
sad start to this with drunk donald

Yeah. If they want to make this series a real success they should focus on the stories like that lass in Golspie undergoing Systematic Desensitization for her fear of kittens.

Amazing it was, they put her in a ball pool in a dark room, and one by one they replaced all the balls with fluffy little kittens.

Or they could feature the Full Health Clinic, where people who have no problems at all are encouraged to attend in order that they can be given some of the attention all the sick folk get.

poppett
17-Feb-10, 11:55
Silverfox 57, I must be doing something wrong as a programme is not listed when I went to bbciplayer scotland. Would love to see the programme I missed last week.

Boozeburglar
17-Feb-10, 12:12
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qvrf6

Moira
20-Feb-10, 00:54
Thanks for the link Boozeburglar. I've caught up now. :)

Anne x
20-Feb-10, 20:36
Fantastic series watched her programmes from Aus she was GP in Brora before her trip to Aus Heather sang with the Dynamos did she not in the days when Geordie Jack was in the band before Colorado canna mind

Alice in Blunderland
23-Feb-10, 23:30
Settling down to watch tonight's episode. :D

Fran
24-Feb-10, 02:36
I'm so annoyed with myself...i completely forgot about it.

Boozeburglar
24-Feb-10, 05:39
Fran>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r41t5

:)

poppett
02-Mar-10, 19:37
Just found time to catch up with episode one!

Last episode tonight BBC1 at 10.35..............hope to see the DOCTOR in this episode.

Alice in Blunderland
02-Mar-10, 21:03
Just found time to catch up with episode one!

Last episode tonight BBC1 at 10.35..............hope to see the DOCTOR in this episode.

I keep telling him he may have been edited out [lol] lying on the floor of some room in the cupboards of aunty beeb possibly. :eek:

Moira
02-Mar-10, 23:02
Oh, tell the truth. You just don't want to share. ;)

poppett
02-Mar-10, 23:38
Edited out!!.........they wouldn`t dare.

There is always the show with the clips of the bits we didn`t see.......Auntie`s bloomers I think it is called.

teenybash
02-Mar-10, 23:49
He's wearing a pink shirt....am I right????

Alice in Blunderland
03-Mar-10, 00:05
He's wearing a pink shirt....am I right????

Yip thats the DOCTOR. I liked his apron :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
03-Mar-10, 00:06
Oh, tell the truth. You just don't want to share. ;)

Oh I dont know about that......................... ;)