PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Laptops

funkypumpkin
09-Feb-10, 19:50
If you are offered either a Dell or Advent laptop for sale for cash or in suspicious circumstances please PM me as a relative was burgled today and these were taken. The police have been informed. Many thanks.

EDDIE
09-Feb-10, 19:55
make sure your relative changes all there online paasswords because it is possible to get the info from a laptop hardrive?

webmannie
09-Feb-10, 19:58
Was this stolen Wick, Thurso or Timbuctoo?

Boozeburglar
09-Feb-10, 19:58
Burgled where???

funkypumpkin
09-Feb-10, 21:22
It was Thurso between 8.30 and 12.30 this morning.

funkypumpkin
09-Feb-10, 21:24
Thanks Eddie will forward that info on, thanks for the advice.

S&LHEN
09-Feb-10, 22:01
thank goodness mines been for sale for a good few days now or id be off to jail!! maybe list the models that way people who are genuinly selling them wont get slated.

DocStone
10-Feb-10, 16:23
You should give all the local IT shops a shout with the info as well in case it is dropped in to be reformatted.

annthracks
10-Feb-10, 17:22
You should give all the local IT shops a shout with the info as well in case it is dropped in to be reformatted.

LMAO "local IT shops" sorry, <wipes tears from eyes>

riggerboy
10-Feb-10, 17:44
thank goodness mines been for sale for a good few days now or id be off to jail!! maybe list the models that way people who are genuinly selling them wont get slated.

i was going to make you an offer on yours but i think i`l wait to see if i get a cheaper one offered to me, never know might get a good hot deal

funkypumpkin
10-Feb-10, 18:35
i don't know the models as yet but I do know the Dell laptop has fingerprint recognition on it to access it.

Connor.
10-Feb-10, 21:20
They could still be broken down and the parts sold off. I don't know if you can search on things like ebay for specific locations but i'd double check there too.

S&LHEN
10-Feb-10, 22:02
I think its so sad that people feel they have to steal things from other people its never just the fact of the laptops getting stolen its the years worth of work and projects that are stored on them too thats gone:~(

Boozeburglar
10-Feb-10, 22:23
Reminds us to back up regularly, and never store anything sensitive on something so easily taken.

Hope the person who is responsible thinks about it and returns them.

S&LHEN
10-Feb-10, 22:38
Its something so important but its something that you will never dream will happen to you its only when something like that does happen, that you think OH WHY didnt I.
Its such a shame:(

Reminds us to back up regularly, and never store anything sensitive on something so easily taken.

Hope the person who is responsible thinks about it and returns them.

joxville
11-Feb-10, 00:06
Its something so important but its something that you will never dream will happen to you its only when something like that does happen, that you think OH WHY didnt I.
Its such a shame:(
Threee 'somethings' in one sentence, that must be a record. Or something. :D

Anyway, good luck in catching the perpetrators of this heinous crime.

Hang 'em high.

catherine nicol
11-Feb-10, 11:52
So Sorry to hear about the thefts, hope that your relative organises new door locks etc to ensure the thieves can't return.

Good luck in tracing the stolen items, hope they turn up soon. Hope that placing this on the org maybe gets some feedback from neighbours or car drivers who were in the area and may have seen someone running with such items.

It is like others have said, it isn't just the loss of the item that is disturbing, as if that isn't bad enough, all their hard work, music and photos etc are lost too.

More worrying for me though is the fact that someone has entered your premises, rooted around your belongings and violated your privacy. That must be an awful thought and thing to deal with. I hope your relative isn't too stressed by it all, poor thing. Sad indeed.

It is sad that such a thing happens here in our small community.

Reminder to everyone to double check door and window locks to ensure they are in good working order. Also to place valuable items away at nights after use. I am sure we are all guilty of thinking 'it will never happen to me'.

Fingers crossed that you get your items back. Good luck.