PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

Big G
08-May-06, 20:58
I received a fake item from ebay and would like to report it. The only problem is i dont know how to report it. Anyone tell me?

Thanks

moose and Lindsay
08-May-06, 21:01
Hi forward the whole page to

spoof@ebay.co.uk

newpark
08-May-06, 21:25
I bought a mobile and never received it and I reported it as item not received and got a full refund I think you can log an item not received complaint and when it asks for the information you can say it was a fake item. If you go to ebay search and type in item received fake it will talk you through the complaint process.

scorrie
08-May-06, 22:36
I received a fake item from ebay and would like to report it. The only problem is i dont know how to report it. Anyone tell me?

Thanks

Have you approached the seller for a refund. That would be the first step. You can log a complaint with eBay and if you paid using Paypal you can also log a complaint with them. In both cases I am sure you have to do it within 30 days.

I would think the following link would cover your scenario.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

Good luck.

Whitewater
09-May-06, 00:02
I have been using ebay for some time, and so far I have had no cause for complaint, but I have a couple of friends what have been let down by the condition of their purchases. The "Buy Now" system seems to be pretty good, I have always had any items bought, in my hand within two days at the worst, usually arrived next day.

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
09-May-06, 05:39
I buy a lot of my computer gear from e-bay,go stung the first time I bought a video series from a seller who could not be contacted after I put the money in the bank,turned out all his info was false,but paypal gave me back half the money I lost,now I am very warey of bank payments most of the thing I buy now are from sellers who use Paypal,never have any troubles since

BazzaG
09-May-06, 09:55
Im on ebay everyday and thankfully have never had any probs but i always look at the sellers feedback rating before i buy. Plus if any probs did occure paypal would refund.

badger
09-May-06, 10:20
It's always worth looking at the discussion boards where there is loads of help and advice. You need to log in again if you want to post but chances are you'll find what you want just by looking at other posts.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/community/chat/index.html

marlyn
09-May-06, 14:07
ebay!? well up until last Thursday I would have told you it was fantastic and having used it for a couple of years would have said that I had no problems at all - then - I checked my e-mail last Thursday night, and nearly fell off my chair, I had 'won' 3 motorbikes, 2 of which had to be imported from America! somebody had managed to steal my identity and had placed bids on my behalf, I hadn't received any e-mails to notify me of the bids, just to tell me that I had won the items. Turns out that a 3rd party had accessed my account and done this but they had also accessed my e-mail so that I didn't receive the notification, was very worried at the time, until I thought about it and realised that I didn't have to pay for them, as far as I am aware my Paypal account was ok, and I changed the password immediately. Ebay were really good and sorted it out really quickly, but it was quite a shock at the time. so beware!! not sure what I would have done with 3 motorbikes, neither the husband or I like them and I wouldn't know where to put the baby seats!?

Billy Boy
09-May-06, 21:24
i have been doing ebay for a few years now and the only dodgey thing i got was gillette mach3 razor blades in original box that were torture to shave with,:mad:

connieb19
09-May-06, 21:34
i have been doing ebay for a few years now and the only dodgey thing i got was gillette mach3 razor blades in original box that were torture to shave with,:mad:You're supposed to take them out of the box first Mrs Billy Boy..:eek:

Billy Boy
09-May-06, 21:36
You're supposed to take them out of the box first Mrs Billy Boy..:eek:

ha ha ha lol, it wisna me it was mr billy boy enough said :lol: