PDA

View Full Version : WHERE DID ALL THE CAITHNESS BREAKDANCERS vids, photos GO?

wickoldschoolbreaker
08-Feb-10, 17:28
Ive recently been trying to track down any videos, dvd's or photos of the breakdancers who brought some fun to competitions all over scotland, including egiptian warriors, rock city, and all the other crews!. recently i got in touch with hammy the hamster! lol from wick asking about them but he said he tried to get videos before but to no avail. Can anyone please leave a post if they know how to get any of the photos etc? I remember willie millers dad willie was really good at catching all the warrriors routines on video. And a guy called jupe from thurso has a lot of footage but i hear he will not give it to anyone including the people in them. Please help me on this as i would really like to take that trip down memory lane. Also heard big ron was having some health problems so get beta soon big fella!! Always up for a laugh was ron, ah the good old days! lol. Also thought it would make a good facebook page.

Even Chance
09-Feb-10, 11:11
Ive shown this to Willie. He will register on the org and get in touch with you asap.

ter21wat
09-Feb-10, 12:34
Ive recently been trying to track down any videos, dvd's or photos of the breakdancers who brought some fun to competitions all over scotland, including egiptian warriors, rock city, and all the other crews!. recently i got in touch with hammy the hamster! lol from wick asking about them but he said he tried to get videos before but to no avail. Can anyone please leave a post if they know how to get any of the photos etc? I remember willie millers dad willie was really good at catching all the warrriors routines on video. And a guy called jupe from thurso has a lot of footage but i hear he will not give it to anyone including the people in them. Please help me on this as i would really like to take that trip down memory lane. Also heard big ron was having some health problems so get beta soon big fella!! Always up for a laugh was ron, ah the good old days! lol. Also thought it would make a good facebook page.

Hey there, just to let you know ronskis managing his health ok now and hes def still up for a laugh, albeit without alcohol these days :D you cana keep a good man down!! I think there might already be a bebo page for the breakdancers, i think rooker had something to do with i but i could be talking nonsence. I'll try and find it and add a link if i do :D

ter21wat
09-Feb-10, 12:45
Heres a link to a previous thread on the org about breakdancing http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=23594 you might be able to find some peeps though it. ;)

wickoldschoolbreaker
09-Feb-10, 13:16
Heres a link to a previous thread on the org about breakdancing http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=23594 you might be able to find some peeps though it. ;)

haha that link made me laugh, wats that hammy like! lol. yeah i remember andys taxi that day, the look on peoples faces when all the bodies piled outta that taxi was hilarious! lmao. thanks for that link, any word on the facebook page yet?

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Feb-10, 14:46
Though few will have ever seen them, it's my guess that Willie Miller (of the Egyptian Warriors) has them by the bucket full.

Darren Manson has hours and hours of the stuff - his feature-length movie, No Stoppin', a compilation of some of the best bits from those years is fantastic, a real treasure - although I have no idea if he has transferred it all to DVD, let alone making available to the general public. Go and ask him.

wickoldschoolbreaker
09-Feb-10, 16:22
Though few will have ever seen them, it's my guess that Willie Miller (of the Egyptian Warriors) has them by the bucket full.

Darren Manson has hours and hours of the stuff - his feature-length movie, No Stoppin', a compilation of some of the best bits from those years is fantastic, a real treasure - although I have no idea if he has transferred it all to DVD, let alone making available to the general public. Go and ask him.
dont know how to get in touch and as i said he doesnt want to give the footage to the breakdancers, which i find very disapointing, i always treated him well and used to work at the mobile picture show with him but last i heard he was putting footage together so he can sell it. i find this very sad as you would think he would b more than happy to supply copies to the people who made it possible for him to shoot his videos. can anyone get in touch with him and clarify his position on this matter?

wickoldschoolbreaker
09-Feb-10, 16:26
dont know how to get in touch and as i said he doesnt want to give the footage to the breakdancers, which i find very disapointing, i always treated him well and used to work at the mobile picture show with him but last i heard he was putting footage together so he can sell it. i find this very sad as you would think he would b more than happy to supply copies to the people who made it possible for him to shoot his videos. can anyone get in touch with him and clarify his position on this matter?
does anyone know how i can get in touch with willie? i used to hang with him and stewerty boy fron halkirk and would love to get back in touch with him, to see if there would b any chance of getting some copies, more than willing to pay the expense for this. willie was best backflip to somersault i ever seen in those days. good lad he was and always remember he hated gettin his pepe jeans dirty! lol

Connor.
09-Feb-10, 16:41
Hey,

My dad was in the Egyptian Warriors(Donnie) i'll ask him if he has any videos/photos. I'm pretty sure he does. I'll PM you them if i get them off him.

lynne duncan
09-Feb-10, 20:15
would love to watch some of those videos, hammy used to go out with one of my pals for a while and still see some of the rest, that would be a blast from the past
if any make youtube please post a link

wickoldschoolbreaker
09-Feb-10, 21:04
Hey,

My dad was in the Egyptian Warriors(Donnie) i'll ask him if he has any videos/photos. I'm pretty sure he does. I'll PM you them if i get them off him.
knew donnie very well, last i seen him was at the petrol station in thurso! lol. good man he is, good popper too! tell im i said hi.

Alana
09-Feb-10, 23:18
Willie Miller has just started up teaching kids breakdancing & hip hop.His 1st session was today in Thurso youth club. My son Tyler attended it and thought it was fab in fact he can't wait to go back. Great turnout of kids there too. Surely someone could do some lessons in Wick .

wickoldschoolbreaker
10-Feb-10, 00:13
Willie Miller has just started up teaching kids breakdancing & hip hop.His 1st session was today in Thurso youth club. My son Tyler attended it and thought it was fab in fact he can't wait to go back. Great turnout of kids there too. Surely someone could do some lessons in Wick .
we used to do lessons in wick many years ago and it was really busy, hope he does well at it. im planning to set up in inverness if theres enough interest. well done willie. u show em lad, maybe see your son and willie at a compitition if i get up and running. one things for sure it will keep ur son fit and interested which the kids up north need as there isnt much for them up there. good luck

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Feb-10, 13:51
A wee heads up...

I just spoke to Donald MacKenzie (of the Egyptian Warriors) and yes, a reunion for all the B-boys from back in the day is mooted for summertime in Thurso. When I get the date(s) from him I'll post them up here. So, if you were a dancer from back then, spread the word and keep it fresh in everyone's heads.

I'm writing a piece on the Caithness Breakdance scene from the 80s for Hi-Arts, so it should have more info on the reunion when it goes online at the beginning of March.

RUSH.dance
11-Feb-10, 17:40
Hi guys,
im willie and have just started RUSH.dance, hip hop in the highlands.
first class started last tuesday and had a great turn out, rush.dance had some amazing tallented kids turn up. Big thanks to all the kids who turned up!! (who had fun and got funky)

Saw kids practising there moves yesterday in the park, for me thats what its all about. kids having fun with there mates while keeping fit!!

Iv been doin workshops in Edinburgh (wee donald), Glasgow and starting a project for Eden court up in caithness called Body currents.

Back to the question?? iv got some videos and pictures, trying to get them onto DvD but not there yet. got loads of pictures on my bebo (real old skool pics)

Who r u lot?? your in inverness,

Willie

wickoldschoolbreaker
11-Feb-10, 19:05
Hi guys,
im willie and have just started RUSH.dance, hip hop in the highlands.
first class started last tuesday and had a great turn out, rush.dance had some amazing tallented kids turn up. Big thanks to all the kids who turned up!! (who had fun and got funky)

Saw kids practising there moves yesterday in the park, for me thats what its all about. kids having fun with there mates while keeping fit!!

Iv been doin workshops in Edinburgh (wee donald), Glasgow and starting a project for Eden court up in caithness called Body currents.

Back to the question?? iv got some videos and pictures, trying to get them onto DvD but not there yet. got loads of pictures on my bebo (real old skool pics)

Who r u lot?? your in inverness,

Willie
hi willie, lol im in inverness, hows willie and joan? lol been a long time lad. good u started up again, im plannin startin in inver but need to find if theres a scene for it first. how u start?

mama2
12-Feb-10, 11:59
This thread is brilliant! Brings back all the memories of my disco dancing days - I'm still a young thong though! . I used to be in Carol Websters with Fiona Miller (Willie's sister). I mind going off to a comp in Carbisdale Castle and Egyptian Warriors were dancing there! hahaha this is pure class!

mama2
12-Feb-10, 12:01
Willie, where and what time are your classes? My eldest would love that!

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Feb-10, 13:51
From back in the day. Willie, you might remember this one....

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8946/cam0954.jpg (http://img687.imageshack.us/i/cam0954.jpg/)

openminder
12-Feb-10, 14:01
Hey ma brother was in that breakdancing graham scanlon,, he has the photos on his facebook,, if any1 nows him or look him up!!!:roll::roll:

wickoldschoolbreaker
13-Feb-10, 04:06
from back in the day. Willie, you might remember this one....

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8946/cam0954.jpg (http://img687.imageshack.us/i/cam0954.jpg/) mad yam yam murray willie and elder!! Thurso youth club was it? Lol heros!!!! Lol

Jeid
13-Feb-10, 18:59
Rooker with hair? Christ..

Who was all in the Egyptian Warriors? My brother used to break dance when he was younger but I was too young to remember who was all involved.

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Feb-10, 19:24
Rooker with hair? Christ..

Who was all in the Egyptian Warriors? My brother used to break dance when he was younger but I was too young to remember who was all involved.

Donald McKenzie, Willie Miller, Elder, Robbie Bell, Donnie Williamson. Perennial national champions who only ever lost one comp (and it was admitted to be a fix). Legends.

hell raizer
13-Feb-10, 21:11
mad yam yam murray willie and elder!! Thurso youth club was it? Lol heros!!!! Lol

my son mad yam yam murray with a head of hair :lol: that photo made my day

lagertops
14-Feb-10, 20:15
I've some old pics and vids from "back in the day",Darren Manson is your man tho! That guy with the Celtic scarf was some looker when he was younger lol

Crackeday
15-Feb-10, 09:07
OMG, Memories come flooding back!!!!
Theres no stopping us, remember it well. Those were the days when guys got together and didnt bother with fighting or any of that nonsense.
It goes to show that after all these years ALL the breakers are still friends, Good on you guys.
Makes me proud to be from caithness to have a local crew from a wee town as Scottish champions.
Caithness had the best breakers in scotland, not just from Thurso but Wick as well.
Remember this was in the days when Wick and Thurso used to fight!!! The breakdancers changed all that, They didnt care where your from just can you dance!!! :lol:
Think its sad though that footage wont be released to the guys in it, sad state of affairs.[disgust]

wickoldschoolbreaker
16-Feb-10, 12:18
OMG, Memories come flooding back!!!!
Theres no stopping us, remember it well. Those were the days when guys got together and didnt bother with fighting or any of that nonsense.
It goes to show that after all these years ALL the breakers are still friends, Good on you guys.
Makes me proud to be from caithness to have a local crew from a wee town as Scottish champions.
Caithness had the best breakers in scotland, not just from Thurso but Wick as well.
Remember this was in the days when Wick and Thurso used to fight!!! The breakdancers changed all that, They didnt care where your from just can you dance!!! :lol:
Think its sad though that footage wont be released to the guys in it, sad state of affairs.[disgust]
yeah the breakers changed the whole perception of wick and thurso at war in those days! its the way it shud be! take it lagertops is elder after that coment bout the celtic scarf??????? :lol:

lagertops
16-Feb-10, 18:25
No Danger! I'm female lol

wickoldschoolbreaker
16-Feb-10, 22:51
No Danger! I'm female lol
always thought that lad!!! lmao