PDA

View Full Version : My Oldest Resident.

Tyke
07-Feb-10, 15:31
I have had a dog staying in the Kennels this weekend who is 19 years old.

A record for me, can anyone beat that?;)

bullielove
07-Feb-10, 22:12

wow that is some age :eek: Id be a bit worried taking it into kennels at that age. Ive never heard of a dog that old. Our oldest was 16 and she was ancient.. but 19thaatmustbe a record

teenybash
08-Feb-10, 00:06

How lovely to have such an oldtimer..............
I had a lovely old collie, who was retired to me when he was 17 as his working days were over................he lived to the ripe old age of 22......and in the 5 blessed years I had him, would not look or go near a sheep!!!

carasmam
08-Feb-10, 00:13
How lovely to have such an oldtimer..............
I had a lovely old collie, who was retired to me when he was 17 as his working days were over................he lived to the ripe old age of 22......and in the 5 blessed years I had him, would not look or go near a sheep!!!

lol thats because he was retired :D What a good age !

We had a Jack Russell years ago who almost made her 20th birthday, she died about 2 months before :(

ClachanHope
08-Feb-10, 18:33
That's a ripe old age for a dog, but also depends on the breed, as smaller breeds live to older ages. For example A Jack Russel can easily live to this age but the likes of a St Bernard may only live to about 6yrs old.
:lol:

Kevin Milkins
08-Feb-10, 22:44
My old sheep dog, Bess, lived to the age of 21, but when she was about 19 she started to go wonky on her feet and deaf, we thought at that time she couldn't possibly go on for much longer.:confused
We got ourselves a boxer pup (Aled) and he used to tease her and grab her tail to pull her of her feet, so we got another boxer pup (Megan) to try and keep him out of mischief and give the old girl some peace.
This worked well, but we could not take the young ones for a walk without her or she would take the gate off it's hinges, they gave her a new lease of life and lasted another 2 years.

Happy Days, with my sons two Labs, Jez and Jack.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/Oldcomputorpictures003.jpg?t=1265664668

BINBOB
08-Feb-10, 23:26
Lovely group pic...lovely dogs too.:D