PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted on dog car harness for small dog

emb123
07-Feb-10, 15:17
Hi,
I'm looking around at various dog harnesses for use in the car. I have an average sized Jack Russell Terrier and I want to be sure he will be safe. He's inclined to get excited & fidget in the car.

The best I can seem to find at a non-rip-off price is the RAC dog car harness (size medium) from Amazon. Some of the cheaper ones look like they have awfully narrow straps which don't look very comfortable.

Anyone used one of these and recommend for or against it, or any others ?

p.s. I may be a bit slow responding as I'm going away for a day or two in a short while.

Boozeburglar
07-Feb-10, 17:13
I would use a dog guard or a crate.

shazzap
07-Feb-10, 17:38
Hi,
I'm looking around at various dog harnesses for use in the car. I have an average sized Jack Russell Terrier and I want to be sure he will be safe. He's inclined to get excited & fidget in the car.

The best I can seem to find at a non-rip-off price is the RAC dog car harness (size medium) from Amazon. Some of the cheaper ones look like they have awfully narrow straps which don't look very comfortable.

Anyone used one of these and recommend for or against it, or any others ?

p.s. I may be a bit slow responding as I'm going away for a day or two in a short while.

These are very good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOG-SEAT-BELT-CLIP-TO-USE-WITH-LEAD-OR-HARNESS-IN-CAR_W0QQitemZ250562830552QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet _Supplies_Dogs?var=&hash=item800eabf6d7

unicorn
07-Feb-10, 17:55
My friend uses the seatbelt one and it seems very effective and the dog has no problem with it.