PDA

View Full Version : what's the silliest thing you've caught your other half doing?

annemarie482
07-Feb-10, 12:38
i mean when you really struggle not to laugh at their sweet innocence ,
whilst they're doing/ or saying something so silly a child would know better! :lol:

i caught my oh trying to light a fire by holding a piece of coal over a lighter! which he informed me he was going to throw in once it lit :lol: i have never laughed so hard lol

whats your stories?

annemarie482
07-Feb-10, 14:03
anyone?! [smirk]

crayola
07-Feb-10, 14:57
what's the silliest thing you've caught your other half doing?
Marrying me. :)

He should have known better. :lol:

joxville
07-Feb-10, 15:13
Marrying me. :)

He should have known better. :lol:

Is he still in the mental institution? [lol]

northener
07-Feb-10, 15:14
Marrying me.

He should have known better.

Damn, beat me to it.:Razz

Mrs K laughs at me because when I use a pair of scissors, I open and close my mouth in time with the 'cuts'.:lol:

Dadie
07-Feb-10, 15:14
Its me that does the silly things in our house!

crayola
07-Feb-10, 15:15
Is he still in the mental institution? [lol]
It gets worse. It happened again a number of years later. Men! They never learn. :lol:

northener
07-Feb-10, 15:16
It gets worse. It happened again a number of years later. Men! They never learn. :lol:

You make a habit of this marrying mularkey, then?

crayola
07-Feb-10, 15:17
Not any more. :D

annemarie482
07-Feb-10, 15:31
come on your being shy!

ok here's another one....
when i had my son my oh thought he had to buy me a "maternity" ring! (eternity ring)
how sweet eh?!:lol:

goldenguernsey
07-Feb-10, 15:49
come on your being shy!

ok here's another one....
when i had my son my oh thought he had to buy me a "maternity" ring! (eternity ring)
how sweet eh?!:lol:
when I had our first they put me on a drip, OH thought it was takin too long so he cranked it up, the nurse went mental lol[lol]

Boozeburglar
07-Feb-10, 18:01
Ask John Terry's wife.

purplelady
07-Feb-10, 23:26
my boyfriend woke up one nite when we were staying in a hotel he sat up and srared at the doorb when lied down and went back to sleep lol x

Boozeburglar
07-Feb-10, 23:33
Sleeping while driving.

I am glad I woke up to catch her doing it.

teenybash
08-Feb-10, 00:07
Cutting dockens with a cordless hedge trimmer...............and we don't have a hedge!!!:confused

kel24
08-Feb-10, 01:23
A few weeks ago i woke up in the middle of the night and to my horror witnessed my OH urinating in our chest of drawers!! (sleepwalking) Not to say i was not amused, but to make matters worse he then had the cheek to go to the toilet and do another wee!

I then waited in shock until he got back to bed and settled again, then woke him gently and made him clean it all up! Thank god it was his drawer and not mine!! lol

Boozeburglar
08-Feb-10, 01:33
I am so glad you told everybody!

;)

Vistravi
08-Feb-10, 01:39
A few weeks ago i woke up in the middle of the night and to my horror witnessed my OH urinating in our chest of drawers!! (sleepwalking) Not to say i was not amused, but to make matters worse he then had the cheek to go to the toilet and do another wee!

I then waited in shock until he got back to bed and settled again, then woke him gently and made him clean it all up! Thank god it was his drawer and not mine!! lol

My partner did that once. Granted he had alot to drink that night. I woke up to him sitting on the edge of the bed urinating on the floor. He then crawled back up the bed and wrapped the fitted sheet around him and went back to sleep. I woke him up and made him clean it. He didn't remember about it untill the morning and was shocked that he had done it. But as he has told me before a friend of his did worse once....

kel24
08-Feb-10, 01:46
My partner did that once. Granted he had alot to drink that night. I woke up to him sitting on the edge of the bed urinating on the floor. He then crawled back up the bed and wrapped the fitted sheet around him and went back to sleep. I woke him up and made him clean it. He didn't remember about it untill the morning and was shocked that he had done it. But as he has told me before a friend of his did worse once....

Lol yeh it could have been worse, thank god it wasn't in the bed! :confused He hadn't been drinking but was a bit stressed so we put it down to that. Bless him, when i got over the shock i felt really bad for him coz he was so mortifiied!

northener
08-Feb-10, 02:13
The attack of the Giant Rat

Ask Mrs N.:eek:

annemarie482
08-Feb-10, 02:17
oh do tell.........:lol:
just to clarify we're not talking of the absent ponytail?!:eek:

northener
08-Feb-10, 02:27
oh do tell.........:lol:
just to clarify we're not talking of the absent ponytail?!:eek:

Alas, no.
That is a 'tail' that I still regret...maybe a return is in order. Although being a semi-baldy ponytail operative may leave my dwindling street cred in worse shape than it is now..:~(

The Giant Rat is a 'tail'* of drunken bed-time hallucination, an innocent party and a near divorce.....

* See what i did there? Clever, me.

annemarie482
08-Feb-10, 02:48
god the mind boggles, you'd best tell us before we make up our own version!...you know what us orgers are like! :lol::roll:

Thumper
08-Feb-10, 09:15
My first hubby worked in the co-op on the fruit and veg bit,he came home one day for lunch and had fyffes bananas stickers on the back of his hands,I asked him what he had them on his hands for,he replied that when he opened the box of bananas the were stickers on the top of the box with the instructions-place stickers on back of hands before selling-after I stopped laughing I asked him what the other name for a bunch of bananas was-he didnt have clue that they were called a hand of bananas!I still laugh now when I think of that!x

annemarie482
08-Feb-10, 10:36
My first hubby worked in the co-op on the fruit and veg bit,he came home one day for lunch and had fyffes bananas stickers on the back of his hands,I asked him what he had them on his hands for,he replied that when he opened the box of bananas the were stickers on the top of the box with the instructions-place stickers on back of hands before selling-after I stopped laughing I asked him what the other name for a bunch of bananas was-he didnt have clue that they were called a hand of bananas!I still laugh now when I think of that!x

LOL thats a cracker! :lol:

Liz
08-Feb-10, 16:18
Hee hee. That is pure dead brilliant Thumpers!!!!:lol::lol:

2boyz1girl
08-Feb-10, 21:17
This still makes me laugh out loud 10 years later. On return from the supermarket 1 night we were putting the shopping away, I turned round and saw my hubby dearest cutting the dry spagetti with scissors so they would fit in our pasta jar. Crikey I am laughing thinking about it now. Eh, doh, you snap it in half!!! Sooooo funny:lol:

wicker8
08-Feb-10, 21:53
when my kids were little they had a toy phone that sounded like the house phone my oh was waiting for an important call when one of the kids were playing on the phone the second ring of the toy phone he jumped out of his seat and ran to the phone so fast only to get no one at the other end we could not stop laughing he saw the funny side in the end

oldmarine
09-Feb-10, 00:07
i mean when you really struggle not to laugh at their sweet innocence ,
whilst they're doing/ or saying something so silly a child would know better! :lol:

i caught my oh trying to light a fire by holding a piece of coal over a lighter! which he informed me he was going to throw in once it lit :lol: i have never laughed so hard lol

whats your stories?

Marrying someone 17 years older than her and that was me.

Kevin Milkins
09-Feb-10, 00:39
A few weeks ago I bought a very nice Cyclamen from Lidl and Mrs M was so impressed she decided we would get another one the next time we were in.

Unfortunately, while I was having a scrounge through the bargain tool department she shouted from the next isle, "where did you get that Chlamydia from".:eek:

Metalattakk
09-Feb-10, 04:28
A few weeks ago I bought a very nice Cyclamen from Lidl and Mrs M was so impressed she decided we would get another one the next time we were in.

Unfortunately, while I was having a scrounge through the bargain tool department she shouted from the next isle, "where did you get that Chlamydia from".:eek:

Ach Kev, you obviously weren't thinking on your feet. The obvious reply would surely have been - "From your sister!"

:D

Kevin Milkins
09-Feb-10, 09:01
Ach Kev, you obviously weren't thinking on your feet. The obvious reply would surely have been - "From your sister!"

:D

LOL, Nice idea, but there would have been a few tins of baked beans flying about the store.:lol:

Besides, you ain't seen her sister.:eek:

Dadie
09-Feb-10, 14:52
I think my worst one I was caught doing was changing the lightbulb in the bathroom.

Not bad or interesting you think........

But I was in the bath with shampoo in my hair when the bulb blew...

I was caught by my hubby screwing in the new bulb while standing in the bath full of water....with the light not even switched off at the wall!

There are lots of other cringeworthy acts I have done...
but I think that one takes some beating!

oldmarine
09-Feb-10, 15:47
Lol yeh it could have been worse, thank god it wasn't in the bed! :confused He hadn't been drinking but was a bit stressed so we put it down to that. Bless him, when i got over the shock i felt really bad for him coz he was so mortifiied!

Seems like these things happen after a guy has had too much to drink, but in your case it appears to be something different.

Dadie
09-Feb-10, 15:53
I used to sleepwalk..
Im not allowed to use the lawnmower
I painted the inside of the car by accident
I fell back down a manhole when I didnt hear right what someone was saying to me
I am a walking disaster zone:lol:

Pooch
09-Feb-10, 16:04
Where do I start I'm constantly laughing at me chiel but once we had a stop over at the premier inn and had the disabled room as thats all that was left and he went in to the bathroom shouted me through and I find him pulling the help cord while asking me whats this for? :lol: though embarassin when the guy from the front knocked to see if we were ok :lol: