PDA

View Full Version : Aint life grand

Kenn
08-May-06, 00:50
During the last week I have been howling with laughter at life's little moments.
1st . A man comes into shop wearing hiking boots,shorts, a ski cap and sporting 2 ski poles! No I didn't ask..i was too busy trying to stiffle the giggles.
2nd . Watched a crow sneak up on a seagull an' bite it on the bum! The squawk echoed around the valley for some time.
3rd .Coming home tonight there was a man running down the road with a torch, we slowed down and were amazed to watch him drop to his knees and grab someting from under a car.We had slowed down as we hate to get the car in a mess. He was clutching his pet ferret that had escaped!

What things have you seen in the last few days that have made you smile,laugh or wonder at our fellow man?

canuck
08-May-06, 03:16
What things have you seen in the last few days that have made you smile,laugh or wonder at our fellow man?

Lizz, the Sunday evening quiz is always good for a smile, a laugh and a wonder at our fellow orgers.

Ann
08-May-06, 09:43
Yesterday I saw 2,500 women doing warm up exercises before the Race for Life in Inverness; all smiling, laughing and truly enthusiastic. It is a tonic just being there!

A few days ago, I watched my dog surfing the waves at Thurso; he didn't really mean to but they caught up with him; so funny watching him.

He also chases the birds on the beach (never catches them) and to see him speeding after them, they turn, he skids round to keep up with them, never gives up. Then sits and watches them as they all laugh at him from the cliffs!

On a walk at Thurso East, to see him face up to a ewe and her lamb in the corner of a field, the ewe bleats threateningly, Ben turns and runs! I suppose I don't need to bother training him as a sheep dog!

To see the lambs in the fields running races, dancing on a hillock and even standing on their mums! They are so cute!

To see a bunch of youths play football on Thurso beach and allow Ben to join in; thank you boys.

Ann

squidge
08-May-06, 10:08
Last week we went to go for a cruise along Loch ness. Despite having booked it the day before - the Jacobite cruise people let the boat go early because it had 125 people on it. We were initially disappointed however we decided we would still go out on the water so we went to Whin Park and my handsome partner hired a rowing boat and we spent half an hour laughing with about a dozen other boats. We laughed and laughed and couldntnt have had more fun if we taked the cruise in the first place. Children mums and dads all laughing and smiling. Great fun and its still making me smile today

evelyn
08-May-06, 10:37
Ann if you were having a laugh at the warm up, perchance I was in front of you ....totally uncoordinated, trying to copy some of my colleagues who weren't an awful lot better than myself.....now I know why I quit keep fit classes!

Whitewater
08-May-06, 16:30
I had a good laugh to myself a few weeks ago watching a couple of dogs contemplating a pile of dog dirt, It took them about 10 minutes. First of all both went in for a good sniff around lasting several minutes, they both then sat down side by side as if talking to one another, they were becoming quite animated, this conversation lasted several minutes, they then both got up, returned to the pile and gave it another thorough examination, a bit longer this time. They then both looked at each other and took off like a sreak of lightning. I guess they came to the conclusion that Super Dog was in town.

Kenn
09-May-06, 18:40
Today after heavy rain there was a large puddle outside the shop.
I wondered why a group of folk were standing there smiling so peered out of the window.
6 piegons,3 sparrows and 1 starling having a bath despite the fact that there was constant traffic!

obiron
09-May-06, 19:51
was on the internet and i found the badger badger song really funny.

Billy Boy
09-May-06, 19:56
my 4 1/2 yr old daughter wiggling to keep her hula hoop up wearing a pair of wellies a skirt and showing her builders crease.:lol: [lol]

golach
09-May-06, 20:14
Life could not be any better today for me. I just finished my first full day as a Tour Guide, and it left me feeling tired, happy and very very proud of myself, and thanks to all my Org pals who said I would do well.
Six tours of approx 55mins each, and talking all the time has left me with a husky throat, but it was a new adventure for me, Mrs G is even proud of me, she wants me to go full time. I wonder why....dizz she want rid of me?

Billy Boy
09-May-06, 20:19
Life could not be any better today for me. I just finished my first full day as a Tour Guide, and it left me feeling tired, happy and very very proud of myself, and thanks to all my Org pals who said I would do well.
Six tours of approx 55mins each, and talking all the time has left me with a husky throat, but it was a new adventure for me, Mrs G is even proud of me, she wants me to go full time. I wonder why....dizz she want rid of me?

good on you golach, hope you have a lot of fun wish you all the best lol:cool:

Kenn
09-May-06, 21:08
WELL done golach can't wait for all the anecdotes,observations you will be able to post!

acameron
09-May-06, 22:18
No bother to you Golach - Might get a heckler in a couple of months time -Well Done mate

highlander
09-May-06, 22:46
Well done golach, would be interesting if you could tell us some of the history of Edinburgh, but we are not paying yea lol

canuck
10-May-06, 05:40
Good going golach. All those visitors were surely impressed!

Sporran
10-May-06, 15:32

Yay, Golach, delighted to hear your first day went so well! :D I'm extremely proud of you too! I'm sure your vocal cords will strengthen, as you get used to the continual talking.

Like I've said before, next time I'm in Edinburgh, going on one of your tours will be top of my priority list! :)

Whitewater
10-May-06, 16:47

Well done golach, I knew you could do it, and more importantly, enjoy it. may take one of your tours when I'm down in July.

Take care.

Ricco
10-May-06, 22:29
Something that made me laugh occurred one day when my wife and I were visiting Whitby, North Yorks. She always has to walk down to the waters edge... and there am I watching that 7th wave coming in! Camera ready.... beauty!

sassylass
11-May-06, 00:30
A little girl hurt her leg at school so we phoned her father to leave his work and come get her. Father arrived in his construction workers clothes and assessed the situation. Then he put her tiny pink backpack on his broad back, tied her frilly purple sweater around his waist, scooped her up in his arms and carried her off down the street. Very sweet.

Kenn
12-May-06, 00:29
Did any one else pick up on the latest perfume?
"Eau de Stilton" I was gobsmacked and then had second thoughts, if it attracts vintage port then I'm up for a gallon of the stuff!

Kenn
23-May-06, 18:46
Yesterday on the radio was the saga of Police versus The Bull.
A bull was reported on the M4 strolling down the central carriageway at aprox. 11.00pm last Saturday.
Motorists baulked at the idea of tackling the beast and drove carefully around it.
Neh Nah. here come the "Boys in Blue," after some deliberation it was decided that it must be persuaded to leave the carriageway and enter a suitable field.
Problem, how do you persuade several tons of bovine to be a good boy and go chew some grass?
They followed it slowly hoping to be able to turn the animal to one side, eventually the animal does turn but full circle!
Two very shaken officers with a car minus it 's front grill ,number plate and damaged radiator.
Having had his moment on glory the bull heads for the embankment and into a field.
Whilst appreciating the seriousness of the incident, I'd love to read the report on that one!
Police force set up new response unit..matadors only to apply.

lassieinfife
23-May-06, 22:52
My 18 month old grandaughter loves to feed the "birdies" her way. it always make me laugh...... give her a bag of broken up bread she dumps it all in one place then kicks it about whilst shouting at top of her voice..... "Here birdie birdie".. lol............. as you might guess no takers :lol:

Kenn
23-Jun-06, 22:13
For the last two nights when passing the recreation ground I have been amused to see a group of herring gulls all set for a game of cricket. I kid you not, one at each wicket and several in the field including a couple at long slip.
Now the question that has been bothering me is who are they going to play?
Hah, as we came up the hill and past the village green there were their opponents in a slightly off white kit but nevertheless well positioned in the out field honing their skills a group pf pigeons.

Bet no one is out for a duck!

landmarker
23-Jun-06, 22:28
aye life's grand ....but on evenings like this I miss my motor-bike a bit.I flogged my 800cc Drifter last year.

I'd usually go for a spin over the pennines. Woodhead pass, or the Snake pass. It's just not the same in a car. I'm not talking speed, just the open air and the wind in my face. The smells of the countryside and the chill on the cheeks when climbing to higher altitudes.The satisfying blip on the throttle that whizzes you past a slower car. The feeling of being IN the landscape, rather than just passing through it. If I have to explain then you might not understand but thanks for following the waffle this far......

......Maybe I'll get another one, who knows. Owning one in or around northern Scotland is an exciting prospect I shall continue to relish.

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 09:13
aye life's grand ....but on evenings like this I miss my motor-bike a bit.I flogged my 800cc Drifter last year.

I'd usually go for a spin over the pennines. Woodhead pass, or the Snake pass. It's just not the same in a car. I'm not talking speed, just the open air and the wind in my face. The smells of the countryside and the chill on the cheeks when climbing to higher altitudes.The satisfying blip on the throttle that whizzes you past a slower car. The feeling of being IN the landscape, rather than just passing through it. If I have to explain then you might not understand but thanks for following the waffle this far......

......Maybe I'll get another one, who knows. Owning one in or around northern Scotland is an exciting prospect I shall continue to relish.

Ah, I know what you mean. I always regret getting rid of my old Francis Barnet... but then a busted knee in an accident does give you some incentive.

heretodaygonetomorrow
24-Jun-06, 10:31
Just chillin'
At last daughters are grown up!.I no longer have to fight to get five minutes on the computer.....see boys/men have their uses after all...only joking!!
I have spent this morning relaxing...what bliss! I pulled my recliner in front of the patio doors and have been watching the breeze gently waft the trees while drinking coffee and eating chocolate digestives ,and listening to the non stop music in the coffee bar on sky channel 395.Can it get better than this?
Husband and father in law are busy working on our central heating and up till now I have assumed the role of supervisor,however something is wrong,I have just been informed that the supervisors job is now surplus to requirements and my new job is that of 'gopher' or should I say 'gofor'. Oh well I did think it was too good to be true!But nice while it lasted.
Got to go ...something about getting lagging out of the shed.:lol:

Kenn
26-Jun-06, 00:43
I was reported today that a Galapagos Tortoise has died at the age of 175 years.
This means that the tortoise and Charles Darwin could have met, now was this reptile responsible for part of "The Theory of Evolution" or was it merely a bystander?
Conjures up an amazing picture though..the leviathan of the tortoise world ambling ever so slowly casting a weepy eye at the strange bi-ped that has arrived on it's island and just what would they have talked about if they could have done so?
Whatever it was I suspect that the conversation would have been very long and very slow!

squidge
26-Jun-06, 10:26
Being proud of my boy.

16 he is and one of his friends got so drunk yesterday that he found her almost comatose. He took charge of the situation and called her parents (despite her friends saying no we cant call her mum and dad we will be in trouble) when he couldnt get them he called us, he phoned an ambulance put her in the recovery position and looked after her brilliantly til we got there, shortly followed by her parents and the paramedics. He answered the questions of the police ( who turned up because she was 15) politely and fully and despite being dreadfully upset he was BRILLIANT and RESPONSIBLE and I was very very proud of him.

I have to say that i have never ever seen anyone that drunk in my life. When i got there she was out cold and her breathing was shallow and her colour terrible. Drinking Gin and Jaegermeister - whatever that is - and shots - I hope her parents smack her silly bottom and dont let her out for a millions years!!!!!

Errogie
28-Jun-06, 15:12
I remember watching a flotilla of eider ducks riding the waves at Dunnet just off the shore.

Very accomplished surfers just sliding of the backs of the wave before they broke, but then came the rougue seventh wave that suddenly towered above and broke so three of them got rolled over and submerged. When they reappeared they looked decidedly dishevelled and embarassed before they rejoined their companions again trying hard to look as if it hadn't happened to them.

Still makes me laugh to remember it.

Kenn
02-Jul-06, 00:17
I read the following today.

" You cannot fall off the edge of the universe."

Well that's made me feel alot better not that I intended taking a holiday there any way.
Jusr debating whether to go cancel my subscription to "The Flat Earth Society!"

katarina
02-Jul-06, 09:39
The things kids say. Here are some of the 'gems' from my own.
'Do you iron clothes to take the scribbles out?'
'I want carried. I'm too heavy to walk.'
And on looking at a patch of oil on the ground. 'Oh, look. the rain's washed a rainbow down.'

Kenn
12-Jul-06, 01:27
I was amazed yesterday to see a blackbird walking jauntily along the pavement in a shopping street.
He had his head cocked to one side as if to watch the passers by.
Whoosh quick as a flash he flew up to where the mini market had it's fruit displayed outside. Almost to fast to register he had a beak full of the ripest cherries and was away to the nearest tree.

Now I want to know how the proprietor is going to charge the felon?

Niall Fernie
12-Jul-06, 08:50
Thanks for that one, I've just finished mopping up a mouthful of coffee off my keyboard, classic!

Ann
12-Jul-06, 09:31
The things kids say. Here are some of the 'gems' from my own.
'Do you iron clothes to take the scribbles out?'
And on looking at a patch of oil on the ground. 'Oh, look. the rain's washed a rainbow down.'

Children tell it as it is...... these are brilliant!:)