PDA

View Full Version : Will we have this to look forward to or not?

highlander
06-Feb-10, 23:10
Talking to my nephew tonight, he lives in pittsburgh usa, they are in the middle of a huge snow storm and has had 27inches of snow fallen already, with more on the way. I was always told when the east coast of the usa gets bad snow storms we usually get it two weeks later. Will be interesting to see what comes out from this.

kitty kat
06-Feb-10, 23:13
Talking to my nephew tonight, he lives in pittsburgh usa, they are in the middle of a huge snow storm and has had 27inches of snow fallen already, with more on the way. I was always told when the east coast of the usa gets bad snow storms we usually get it two weeks later. Will be interesting to see what comes out from this.

i aint taking no chance see you in a month ( maybe ):lol:

gleeber
06-Feb-10, 23:21
That's right highlander. Itll no be the firstime if it happens. I must say Washington looked so peaceful in the snow tonight, on the tellly.

Kevin Milkins
06-Feb-10, 23:37
My poor snow shovel is feeling the effects of overtime this winter and I would be delighted if the prognosis for the follow up to the woes of the US of A is incorrect, but I have to say that historically it is usually correct.:confused

redeyedtreefrog
06-Feb-10, 23:48
Ooh i hope so :D

No school for me in two weeks (maybe)

sweetpea
07-Feb-10, 00:08
I seem to remember being told that before but hope not! I'm only just getting over this last lot of snow:eek:

kas
07-Feb-10, 23:22
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/8502713.stm
I am a snow lover but cannot imagine the chaos that would bring.
Highlander i have heard the theory mentioned many a time. Time will tell.

Kevin Milkins
07-Feb-10, 23:28
What was very amusing about the pictures in the above link, if you look at the supermarket shelves that have been stripped bare, all the pork pies, bacon sausages etc have gone, but there is still plenty of health foods left, ie yogurts etc.:lol:

balto
08-Feb-10, 14:19
when i saw this on the news last night i got so excited as we normally get the tail end of it .

cuddlepop
08-Feb-10, 15:07
My friends sister stays in Baltimore and the snow was so bad they could only manage to get out their house by opening the patio door.

There poor dog has never seen snow and has refused to go out in it.

They had to clear a patch of snow to uncover the grass,carry the dog out and it still refused to relieve itself.:eek:

2little2late
09-Feb-10, 03:59
We all know what America is like for sexing things up. They have really only had 27 centimetres of snow [lol] [lol]