ClachanHope
06-Feb-10, 20:50
Who is The Stig???

joxville
06-Feb-10, 20:51
Erm........ME. :D

Boozeburglar
06-Feb-10, 20:55
It definitely is not Jox, you cannot spend that much time training comedians to go round a track without picking up some proper jokes.

;)

joxville
06-Feb-10, 20:56
Prove it isn't me! :D

lister
06-Feb-10, 21:00
My thoughts are that he's acually a she and its possibly jodie kid..good driver ,,but wait..no..the stig doesn't talk so no its gotta be a he,maybe Tony Blair,,good at getting in and out of something without being seen???

canuck
06-Feb-10, 21:01
Who is The Stig???

It must be crayola! Who else would have that zest for life?

changilass
06-Feb-10, 21:02
As the Stig is a member on here would it not just be easier to pm them and ask?

ClachanHope
06-Feb-10, 21:02
I was hoping that The Stig himself would divulge his identity.
:confused

joxville
06-Feb-10, 21:10
I was hoping that The Stig himself would divulge his identity.
:confused
I already have, the one on here calling himself The Stig is a doppelganger.

american gal
06-Feb-10, 21:19
Its OZZY OSBORNE:eek:

ClachanHope
06-Feb-10, 21:35

But then we wouldn't be having all this fun. :D

georgen
06-Feb-10, 21:41
It's Osama Bin Laden. What better way to stay incognito than to wear a helmet all the time ?

kitty kat
06-Feb-10, 23:33
It's Osama Bin Laden. What better way to stay incognito than to wear a helmet all the time ?

:lol:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

EDDIE
06-Feb-10, 23:40
Who is The Stig???

Going about 20 years back there used to be program called stig in the dump

overthewallandfaraway
06-Feb-10, 23:46
Going about 20 years back there used to be program called stig in the dump

There was also a program called "Stig of the Dump", think he lived in Wick ;)

Moira
06-Feb-10, 23:50
'Twas Michael, of course!?

If you believe all that jazz, who would you nominate for next season?

Tubthumper
07-Feb-10, 01:28
What????????

Invisible
07-Feb-10, 12:32
my monies on Johnnie Herbert

achingale
07-Feb-10, 14:38
I think it is a former rally driver - the Beeb have said as much in the past - but as for a name they are just keeping us in suspense... Then again, maybe it is jox after all...:lol:

camor
07-Feb-10, 15:03
The Stig is more than one. The original (black) was Perry Macarthy, who was sacked after damaging a priceless classic Jag racing car. The others have been Heiki Kovaleinan, Ben Collins, Damon Hill & .................................................. ...................ME.

joxville
07-Feb-10, 15:11
The Stig is more than one. The original (black) was Perry Macarthy, who was sacked after damaging a priceless classic Jag racing car. The others have been Heiki Kovaleinan, Ben Collins, Damon Hill & .................................................. ...................ME.

Perry Mcarthy was sacked because he revealed his identity in his autobiography. The Stig's contract has a clause in it that he must never reveal his true identity, so one wonders why P.M. chose to do so.

ClachanHope
08-Feb-10, 19:23
Me & The Stig used to work in the dump together..:lol:

ClachanHope
08-Feb-10, 19:24
Perry Mcarthy was sacked because he revealed his identity in his autobiography. The Stig's contract has a clause in it that he must never reveal his true identity, so one wonders why P.M. chose to do so.

So, Joxville you will now be out of a job, as you have revealed your identity..:lol:

lister
08-Feb-10, 19:29
Or copy an paste when applicable ay?;)

lister
08-Feb-10, 19:39
Maybe the Stig is a lawyer..they impose the feeling they always win do they not.no win no fee...;)

grumpyhippo
08-Feb-10, 20:35
I managed to get a picture of him last year doing his 'day' job.....

I have posted it else where on the org.........

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k57/grumpyhippo/DSC_0088b.jpg

look very carefully you can just see the distinctive white helmet.

Amy-Winehouse
08-Feb-10, 23:06
The Stig is Heather Mills McCartney.

She has come out from under rock quite a lot recently - its bound to be her

Invisible
08-Feb-10, 23:09
The Stig is Heather Mills McCartney.

She has come out from under rock quite a lot recently - its bound to be her

So is it cos her wooden leg is stuck to the accelerator, the reason why the stig is so fast?

wickoldschoolbreaker
09-Feb-10, 02:02
dont you guys watch topgear? if you did you would know from the time lewis hamilton was on that the stig is a former formula 1 test driver, as jezzy mentioned, not a rally driver. im sure toyota wouldnt allow a rally driver to take their formula 1 car around the topgear test track at the speeds he did if he didnt know wat he was doing!! not with 2 and a half million quids worth of motor anyway! pay attention guys!!:lol::lol::lol:lol.

wicker8
09-Feb-10, 16:51
last i heard he shops at morrisons

Cedric Farthsbottom III
09-Feb-10, 18:16
The Stig is Jeremy Clarksons mither.[lol][lol]

Or Nigel Mansell.

Or the wee wifie fae the Irn Bru adverts.

mushroom
09-Feb-10, 18:30
The Stig removed his helmet on a repeat showing of Top Gear within the last few months, it was Micheal Schumacher.:cool:

webmannie
09-Feb-10, 20:23
He,he Think I know who 'The Stig' is! I happened to bump into the Top Gear film crew in an Abingdon Hotel bar and he came in and they 'ripped him a new one' over a certain incident that day (They were doing a piece linked with the old MG factory). Maybe they were winding me up, certainly the person used to be very well known and he has now dropped off the face of the world.

webmannie
09-Feb-10, 20:29
Just looked him up on good old Wikipedia and it was certainly him that was in the bar

cesare
09-Feb-10, 20:32
The Stigg is and always has been........http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8111588.stm

michael schumacher

;)

Boozeburglar
09-Feb-10, 20:53
dont you guys watch topgear? if you did you would know from the time lewis hamilton was on that the stig is a former formula 1 test driver, as jezzy mentioned, not a rally driver. im sure toyota wouldnt allow a rally driver to take their formula 1 car around the topgear test track at the speeds he did if he didnt know wat he was doing!! not with 2 and a half million quids worth of motor anyway! pay attention guys!!:lol::lol::lol:lol.

Well he didn't want to do those speeds . . . it is just that the brakes did not work!

golach
09-Feb-10, 20:55
It was a hoax

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/06/22/top-gear-s-the-stig-takes-off-his-mask-to-reveal-michael-schumacher-115875-21461492/