PDA

View Full Version : Throwing out your dummie

poppett
06-Feb-10, 17:07
There has been a lot of dummie throwing on the home front this last few weeks and also on the org on a couple of threads.

Frasers shop in Castlegreen Road in Thurso have just the thing......Sweeties in the shape of dummies to sook and throw out as appropriate. Different kinds and designs. Have stocked up for family visit next weekend!

ShelleyCowie
06-Feb-10, 17:10
Maybe theres something in the water thats affecting people at the moment :eek:

Just a suggestion lol.

My dummy is firmly in my gob and its stayin there! :cool:

BINBOB
06-Feb-10, 17:35
There has been a lot of dummie throwing on the home front this last few weeks and also on the org on a couple of threads.

Frasers shop in Castlegreen Road in Thurso have just the thing......Sweeties in the shape of dummies to sook and throw out as appropriate. Different kinds and designs. Have stocked up for family visit next weekend!
[lol][lol] good for u ,poppett;)

lister
06-Feb-10, 17:52

Well put Poppet,people need to just think before posting!
But there is no helping some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! though,they are and always will be trouble no matter the threads and the opinions stated.
Sad really sad.
Just bin out an seen ma mate bob who is totally sad and distraught,shame,,real shame.:(:(

Margaret M.
06-Feb-10, 18:43
Well put Poppet,people need to just think before posting!
But there is no helping some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! though,they are and always will be trouble no matter the threads and the opinions stated.
Sad really sad.
Just bin out an seen ma mate bob who is totally sad and distraught,shame,,real shame.

There is obviously a lot going on behind the scenes. Some folks have been deeply affected by some of the stuff posted on a couple of the threads on here. We need to consider more than just ourselves and think about the implications before we hit the send button. At the very least, try to resist putting the insults/complaints on the boards for all the world to see.

lister
06-Feb-10, 18:52
There is obviously a lot going on behind the scenes. Some folks have been deeply affected by some of the stuff posted on a couple of the threads on here. We need to consider more than just ourselves and think about the implications before we hit the send button. At the very least, try to resist putting the insults/complaints on the boards for all the world to see.
Spot on Margaret.
But there is in this ORG as in life those who just want to cause trouble and get people into trouble,thats whats sad and it says a great deal about them.
How can they live with themselves when they want to have others lives ruined with disrespect,lies and hyperbole as their goal..

BINBOB
06-Feb-10, 18:55

They are nothing but BULLIES.......and no consideration for anyone.

butterfly
06-Feb-10, 18:56

Well if the cap fits...............................

lister
06-Feb-10, 19:02
Hypocrisy rules eh?????

Margaret M.
06-Feb-10, 19:08

Binbob, my comments were made with everyone in mind, including you and me. I think we tend to forget that the whole world can read what we write here so we need to police our own posts and consider how the content may affect others. I firmly believe that what we send out in life comes back to us.

BINBOB
06-Feb-10, 19:16
Binbob, my comments were made with everyone in mind, including you and me. I think we tend to forget that the whole world can read what we write here so we need to police our own posts and consider how the content may affect others. I firmly believe that what we send out in life comes back to us.

Thank u for including me.

butterfly
06-Feb-10, 19:25
Well there are many who take no heed

Such as yourself...................

lasher
06-Feb-10, 20:02
I think the saying is spitting out the dummy not throwing, it's throwing the toys out the pram.

lister
06-Feb-10, 20:10
I think the saying is spitting out the dummy not throwing, it's throwing the toys out the pram.

More like spitting and throwing the dummy,blankets,wheels of the pram,the carpet under it,floor boards,foundations,bedrock and through the earth's core to the red dust of the Australian desert,then on to another planet..etc etc etc ..[lol]

poppett
06-Feb-10, 20:12
Personally I never spat my dummie out, but did throw it away on many occasions as a wee bairnie.

My great nephew is a dummie thrower, so it must run in the family. New olympic sport perhaps? We could "go for gold".....

ShelleyCowie
06-Feb-10, 20:20
Personally I never spat my dummie out, but did throw it away on many occasions as a wee bairnie.

My great nephew is a dummie thrower, so it must run in the family. New olympic sport perhaps? We could "go for gold".....

Athrun used to be terrible for it, on the way down the street one day he threw 2 dummies....i bought more on the street and he threw them too. Now i have a dummy clip which he cant take off and its great! Aint lost a dummy since! :D

Julia
06-Feb-10, 20:26
I had to laugh out loud at one of the Moderator's comments on a recently closed thread...

"Too many toys and too many prams".

:lol:

Venture
06-Feb-10, 20:40
Never mind toys and dummies:lol: it looks like the org has it's very own stalker complete with very large wooden spoon.[lol]

joxville
06-Feb-10, 20:50
Good grief, will you lot give it a rest please. A Mod has already closed one thread today so I'd suggest the O.P. does the same to this one before the Org gets taken offline like it did last year. [disgust]

Boozeburglar
06-Feb-10, 20:51
Never mind toys and dummies:lol: it looks like the org has it's very own stalker complete with very large wooden spoon.[lol]

huh? now I am confused! :)

Boozeburglar
06-Feb-10, 20:52
Good grief, will you lot give it a rest please. A Mod has already closed one thread today so I'd suggest the O.P. does the same to this one before the Org gets taken offline like it did last year. [disgust]

Is that a threat?

;)

joxville
06-Feb-10, 20:55
Is that a threat?

;)

No, it's a suggestion that all involved step away from the keyboard for a couple of hours. If I was a Mod I'd close the thread myself and issue infractions.

Boozeburglar
06-Feb-10, 20:57
Well now you have directed them are they going to let you dictate their actions?

Maybe they are letting the people involved try to civilise themselves.

;)

joxville
06-Feb-10, 20:58
If they were civil to each other the threads wouldn't have descended to the level they are at. This is my last post on this thread, I'm outta here. :roll:

Boozeburglar
06-Feb-10, 21:02
Is it important to have the last word?

I used to mod on a couple of very busy forums, and I often saw threads resurfacing like this, but sometimes things resolve themselves and improve.

Bit like in a bar, things often work out ok with no heavy hand required.

:)

Kevin Milkins
06-Feb-10, 21:15
Well, I blame global warming.:roll:

Amy-Winehouse
06-Feb-10, 21:50
Well I blame the schools, Global warming isnt doing very well this winter is it ????
Ice Bergs 2 Sunny Caithness 0

I heard the polar bears are on their way :confused

Back to the topic- some folk really are gettin their knickers in a twist about trivial bull today, think about it, there were 100,000 people killed in an earthquake not that long ago & some of you are worried about bad rep???

Jesus wept eh :cool:

unicorn
06-Feb-10, 22:23
Is there a full moon, I have sooooo missed something?????? :Razz

Liz
07-Feb-10, 00:28
I think with all the childish behaviour the org will soon need a creche!:roll:

Seriously though the incessant bullying, arguing etc is really spoiling the org and I post less and less because of this and know that many others feel the same.

Debate is great but not when it descends into pettiness and getting the last word at any cost!