PDA

View Full Version : Relaxing

Alan16
06-Feb-10, 04:18
After a nice night of some drinking and a couple of films me and Chris (a friend I've met at uni accommodation) went outside for a smoke. That was 3 hours ago and I've only now just got back to my room. I think, with how hectic the transition to uni and everything has been, I'd forgotten how relaxing it can be to simply talk. 3 hours of just listening to the sound of the continuous drizzle (a nice and relaxing sound by itself) and talking, and just talking about inconsequential stuff, it was really relaxing, and a nice way to end what has been a fairly busy academic week. So considering the 'heavy' topics I've been engaged in on here recently, I was wondering how you all relax these days.

Boozeburglar
06-Feb-10, 04:36
With my women, and some ganja.

;)

Connor.
06-Feb-10, 04:43
He meant in reality ;)

Aaldtimer
06-Feb-10, 04:59
Coming on the Org. and having a good laugh at Stavro's and Fred's postings!:lol:

Boozeburglar
06-Feb-10, 05:02
He meant in reality ;)

OK.

With my women, some ganja and some good vinyl.

Maybe some PVC too.

:)

northener
06-Feb-10, 09:32
OK.

Maybe some PVC too.

:)

I believe we may use the same tailor.....

northener
06-Feb-10, 09:35
After a nice night of some drinking and a couple of films me and Chris (a friend I've met at uni accommodation) went outside for a smoke. That was 3 hours ago and I've only now just got back to my room. I think, with how hectic the transition to uni and everything has been, I'd forgotten how relaxing it can be to simply talk. 3 hours of just listening to the sound of the continuous drizzle (a nice and relaxing sound by itself) and talking, and just talking about inconsequential stuff, it was really relaxing, and a nice way to end what has been a fairly busy academic week. So considering the 'heavy' topics I've been engaged in on here recently, I was wondering how you all relax these days.

I like a 'smoke' and then sit laughing at my dog for three hours.;)

Alan16
06-Feb-10, 22:44

Ah, I see what you did there! And I find your accusation ludicrous, we don't have a dog...

Vistravi
06-Feb-10, 22:51
Usually with a Our wullie or The Broons book stretched out on top of the bed or over the couch with the cat around my feet ;) (Yes that is boring lol)

But i do spent alot of evenings chatting to my neighbour either in hers or my flat. It's amazing just how fast the time goes! ;)

bobbyrussell09
06-Feb-10, 23:01
i usually relax ,with the other half watching scrubs etc.or if im by masel a wee shot o call of duty ,always takes the tension away too

Vistravi
06-Feb-10, 23:06
i usually relax ,with the other half watching scrubs etc.or if im by masel a wee shot o call of duty ,always takes the tension away too

For my partner it is borderlands. It's all he plays now.

Blarney
07-Feb-10, 00:07
With my women, and some ganja.

;)
Did you mean women (plural) or woman (singular)???!!!?

cuddlepop
07-Feb-10, 16:10
I love just walking the dogs either by myself or with company.Especially down the beach.:D

Time just seems to disappear and many miles covered before you realise you've got to turn back.:eek:

Errogie
07-Feb-10, 20:20
I find running along forest tracks empties the mind and and gives physical and mental relaxation.

ducati
07-Feb-10, 23:10

Or vise versa?

northener
08-Feb-10, 01:59
Or vise versa?

Nope, the Lurcher from Hell is a damn sight smarter than me, she knows I'm useless and wouldn't waste time laughing at me.

She'd spend the time retrieving dead fish off the beach or sleeping......

kel24
08-Feb-10, 02:10
I have to say that getting lost in a good book has helped me relax recently, it's nice being in somebody else's world for once! lol And sitting with my OH watching a good movie! :D

northener
08-Feb-10, 02:20
I must say that Westons Organic Cider (in 3 litre boxes) has an effect that I find indubitibaly soporiphic.

Guzzling a damn sight more than onwe box toneet has wojkd fokjhr m..........

Invisible
08-Feb-10, 22:30
Relaxing, hmm involves guitar, runrig and a nice glass o milk

Connor.
08-Feb-10, 22:51
Gaming, movies and just getting the craic.

whitecloud
09-Feb-10, 16:40
i find meditation works great for relaxing, walking also clears the head and helps us feel relaxed,a nice soak in the bath works well too.:D
kindest regards
whitecloud