PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop software

Dog-eared
05-Feb-10, 19:59
Can anyone recommend any free photoshop type software?
Something that includes cut and paste of parts of images. :)

Boozeburglar
05-Feb-10, 20:00
Gimp.

I am not insulting you, Google it.

On second thoughts, I will link ye..

http://www.gimp.org/

dragonfly
05-Feb-10, 20:07
Picasa (http://picasa.google.co.uk/) is another free download, its quite easy to use too

redeyedtreefrog
05-Feb-10, 21:00
Gimp has a horrible hard-to-use interface, try Paint.NET- www.getpaint.net

emb123
05-Feb-10, 21:36
If you can get hold of Photo Studio 2.0 SE by fair means or foul, then the license for that is now freeware.

It was also given away for years on the installation cds that came with with scanners and printers.

It's very old indeed and it won't work in XP 64 or Vista 64 bit editions but it's probably the most intuitive photo editing software I've ever used, and used heavily. It's blisteringly quick and astonishingly powerful. Until upgrading to 64 bit windows a few months back I was still using it after over ten years alternating between it and Photoshop.

The right click to grab colour for brush, and left click to use brush with colour you just grabbed is a hundred times less irritating than moving your nouse to click on photoshops eyedropper tool, moving your mouse to click on the colour within the image, moving your mouse to click on the tool you were using 10 seconds before then move your mouse back to where you were wanting to paint. Even if you know the keyboard shortcuts photoshop still makes you do a lot of long-winded faffing around :)

The later versions of Photo studio (anything after version 2, including the latest ones) are pale imitations IMO. Arcsoft got it right first time, but then 'fixed' what didn't need fixing and spoiled and removed the most desireable and intuitive aspects of photo editing software user interface.

If you fancy it & get stuck finding it drop me a line and I'll have a rake around. I have the installer for it on one of my disks.

upolian
05-Feb-10, 21:52
i have pm'd you ;)