PDA

View Full Version : Toyota cars

Mrs Bucket
05-Feb-10, 17:12
Are Toyota cars with the fault legal to drive or should they stay off the road until fault is fixed

im behind you
05-Feb-10, 17:55
Are Toyota cars with the fault legal to drive or should they stay off the road until fault is fixed
me personally would wait untill i got it fixed. if not who knows what will happen.

Invisible
05-Feb-10, 17:56
They are legal to drive, but its safer not to, well thats the jist of what the guy on BBC Breakfast said this morning. He said it was the driving conditions rather than the car which cause the faults.

minnie
05-Feb-10, 19:38
I would check with your insurance company!!

northener
06-Feb-10, 11:20
There's two seperate issues on the go at the moment.

The first is, I believe, an accelerator problem which is subject to a recall on all affected cars. The second one (which was discussed on BBC Breakfast yesterday with Toyota UK's MD) was an ABS 'issue'.

Personally I don't think the Toyata MD explained himself very well regarding the ABS issue and left himself wide open for the presenter (Charley Stait sp?) to pull him to bits on the issue.

First fault should have you back at the dealers ASAP, the second fault was made to appear by the BBC that the brakes 'failed'. They don't. From what I could gather the ABS sensors are set on a 'harsh' (MD's description) setting - resulting in the ABS kicking in quite early.

Given the amount of freezing weather we've had recently, coupled with the publics' apparent ignorance of what ABS actually does and what the consequences of it kicking in are, I'm not suprised there's been a few complaints by customers after their cars haven't magically stopped on a sheet of solid ice.......

EDDIE
06-Feb-10, 15:08

There is video link below explaining what to do if u get a problem

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8500693.stm

joxville
06-Feb-10, 15:11
I wonder how many Toyota drivers will use the issue as an excuse to get out of paying speeding fines??? :)