PDA

View Full Version : Central Hotel

Stig
05-Feb-10, 10:00
We took our wee one to the Central to have a go on the bouncy castle the other day. ( his first and last visit )
That place is terrible, the bouncy castle itself is filthy as is all of the soft area, his socks were filthy after 5 minutes.
The table we were sitting at had at least 3 screw heads sticking out of the table top, a child could easily rip open an arm or hand as could an adult. And the toilets, well we won't go there.

Seems to me some publicans forget where the money comes from and take it for granted its going to keep coming in, Bowling alley / cinema being a prime example.
Caithness is fine if you like the outdoors, which we do, but as its Caithness you can't always get out. So where can you take your kids for a meal and a bit of fun?
It won't be the Central Hotel anyway.

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-10, 10:04
Sorry to hear about your experience, i have just refused to go in there for years. And when i was there years ago the bouncy castle looked beyond repair.

I cant really think of anywhere else in thurso that you can eat whilst your kids enjoy a wee run around. :confused

annemarie482
05-Feb-10, 10:40
if your through in wick go to morags, they have a lovely clean bouncy castle and a few arcade games and the foods not bad.:)

ss.sv650
05-Feb-10, 11:24
stopped usin that place few years back as well just went right down hill

american gal
05-Feb-10, 15:18
I have to say that morags is the place to go it is really nice in there the food is always fresh (in my experiance) and the lady serving is always welcoming. There is a bouncy castle which looks is pretty good condition and if you dont want the noise just go through to the next room for a quiet cuppa and a bite to eat. I have thought for a while that it is a shame that the central is going down hill everything needs a face lift and refurbished. Although i have always found the loos in there clean although several of the locks on the toilet doors in the ladies are broken aleast they were the last time i was in there. I do have to say though their cafe down stairs makes a mean good Coffee!!! And beautiful cakes. The lunches however is another story possible for anther thread. Anyway my point. Try Morags its cheap fun and CLEAN.

bettedaviseyes
05-Feb-10, 15:25
you should get in touch with the local Environmental Health they will go in and look throw the premises.....

http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourenvironment/environmentalhealth

chaz
05-Feb-10, 15:30
Sorry to hear about your experience, i have just refused to go in there for years. And when i was there years ago the bouncy castle looked beyond repair.

I cant really think of anywhere else in thurso that you can eat whilst your kids enjoy a wee run around. :confused

I also stopped going there years ago for all the reasons in this post,if in wick morags is clean and my little one likes going there,cant think of anywhere else sorry.

andrew.bowles30
05-Feb-10, 17:01
its bad management to lose customers like that and you need to complain
we work hard in my pub to make our customers happy and hope when we come back to live in scotland we can do the same as we did at the cross tea rooms so go on complain dont let bad management ruin your fun it was dirty when we lived in lybster we only went once :mad:

MR_A
05-Feb-10, 17:52
Dont forget the mouldy crumbling walls around the bouncy castle!!

:eek:

Jeid
05-Feb-10, 18:27
Isn't there a recommendations part of this website?

And wouldn't it have been a good idea to say something at the time and say that you wouldn't be coming back as a result of the state of the place?

Just sayin... but it's typical Caithness.org. Oh, that place was rubbish, let's moan about it online and not let the people who matter hear the problem directly. Reminds me of the Indian Take Away thread from about a month ago.

I'm not disagreeing with you btw, I think the place needs a bloody good refurb. It's a shame that it's in such a dire state.

bingo1
05-Feb-10, 18:50
You should have voiced your concerns to staff/managment not that it might have made a difference. I think that the place does look a little shabby these days just needs done up and a good old scrub. I too have been to morags it is very nice and good for kids.

andrew.bowles30
05-Feb-10, 19:12
i used morags all the time when i was in wick good honest grub home made cakes the play area was great idea just wick needed :Razz

Jenni
06-Feb-10, 00:39
The weigh Inn is nice for food and they have a great play area outside for the kids although it obviously wouldn't be suitable at this time of year. They have tables and seats outside so that you can have a meal/drink while watching the kids play. Very nice in the summer.

Buttercup
08-Feb-10, 18:11

And wouldn't it have been a good idea to say something at the time and say that you wouldn't be coming back as a result of the state of the place?

Just sayin... but it's typical Caithness.org. Oh, that place was rubbish, let's moan about it online and not let the people who matter hear the problem directly. Reminds me of the Indian Take Away thread from about a month ago.

I'm not disagreeing with you btw, I think the place needs a bloody good refurb. It's a shame that it's in such a dire state.

Not disagreeing with you Jeid as we should of course complain to the staff at the time but surely to goodness the management can see the state of the place without customers having to point it out to them!:roll:

Stig
08-Feb-10, 18:27

If you read the post it was by no means Recommendation

Jeid
09-Feb-10, 01:04
It read as a recommendation not to go...

Vistravi
09-Feb-10, 12:59
Not disagreeing with you Jeid as we should of course complain to the staff at the time but surely to goodness the management can see the state of the place without customers having to point it out to them!:roll:

Sometimes people don't care. Also they could be used to it and not see what a fresh pair of eyes does.

Fluff
09-Feb-10, 13:02
May I suggest to those to find it hard to complain directly to the staff (because let's face it, it can be intimating) is to write a letter to them with the complaint.