PDA

View Full Version : Washing machine repair

Fran
05-Feb-10, 00:57
Not sure where to put this, but my washing machine wont spin and is full of wet washing.Any good repair men around wick please?

wickscorrie
05-Feb-10, 01:19
Hi I had the same problem,it stopped in mid-cycle and would not spin.It was the brushes that was faulty.Replaced them ourselves in 5 minutes and washing machine was ok then.Dane Sutherland in River Street in Wick should have the brushes for you.If you take the drain hose at the back of your washing machine and run it into a bucket?/dish etc you should be able to remove the water in your washing machine by tilting the machine backwards slightly.This should allow you to remove your washing if you want to.Hope this is of some help to you.

Boozeburglar
05-Feb-10, 02:01
Yeah the brushes are a 5 minute job. Even swapping the motor is not much more, and the worst job I did was the door seal and although fiddly it was no worse than putting a tight wetsuit on, not that I have done that for a while.

Don't try and put a wetsuit on your washing machine, no amount of talc will help with that.

Good luck.

:)

dx100uk
06-Feb-10, 01:33
Not sure where to put this, but my washing machine wont spin and is full of wet washing.Any good repair men around wick please?

did you sort it fran?

dx

DeHaviLand
06-Feb-10, 02:07

Have you tried cleaning your filter? Had this before, and my filter was blocked with a 50p coin and a thong. The coin was mines ;)

dx100uk
06-Feb-10, 02:10
Have you tried cleaning your filter? Had this before, and my filter was blocked with a 50p coin and a thong. The coin was mines ;)

yep what i was going to suggest
if its still full of water, then its nowt to do with brushes, its the impellor on the pump blocked either by crud or through no water getting to it by a blocked filter.

dx

Fran
06-Feb-10, 16:49
I had someone come today and told me to take the washing machine to his workshop. am i supposed to lift it up and put it in the front seat of the car by myself!!!!
So no its not fixed.
The water has gone out of the machine but wont spin the clothes so they wre soaking wet. There is no water in the machine and i put the quilt cover on the line.
I cant undo the panel at the front to check the filter.

poppett
06-Feb-10, 16:52
Alan Cameron from Alacam in Thurso 896999 does a lot of work all over the County and beyond. He is an excellent diagnostician and if parts are hard to come by usually has a machine you can borrow. Worth a call. Good luck

dx100uk
07-Feb-10, 01:48
I had someone come today and told me to take the washing machine to his workshop. am i supposed to lift it up and put it in the front seat of the car by myself!!!!
So no its not fixed.
The water has gone out of the machine but wont spin the clothes so they wre soaking wet. There is no water in the machine and i put the quilt cover on the line.

i'd guess the filter then if it was full of water and has slowly drained

fran give me the model /maker
i'll tell you what to do.

if i was in wick and not south i'd come round

dx

EDDIE
07-Feb-10, 09:55
So no its not fixed.

He cant be much of a mobile engineer if he cant fix it at your home?
If it was engineer that looked at your machine did he not have a van were he could take it back to the workshop for repair how on earth can he expect to build up work in his workshop if the customer has to deliver the machine 2 him have u got a new washing machine that fill of electronics and he doesnt no how to fix it and hes not wanting the work?? .
When you go to any shop to buy white goods like a cooker or washing machine its common practice to get it delivered to your house because the average person doesnt have the means or strenght to manhandle it to there home so how on earth are u expected to get it to a workshop for repair.
If i was you i would do what poppet says and phone Alan Cameron he knows what he is talking about it

Fran
07-Feb-10, 14:39
Thankyou for all your help. after strugling on the floor for an hour i finally got to the filter but there was nothing there so it is not the filter. there wasnt much water to come out either. i am getting to the stage where i think i will just get a new machine, then there is the problem of getting it plumbed in!!!!!

cullpacket
07-Feb-10, 15:30
Went on Google went into forums and fixed it for nothing worth a try if you are practical

EDDIE
07-Feb-10, 15:36
you need to take the cover of the motor and see if the brushes is worn brushes are like small block with a wire on them i think thats what your problem is

BINBOB
07-Feb-10, 18:14
Thankyou for all your help. after strugling on the floor for an hour i finally got to the filter but there was nothing there so it is not the filter. there wasnt much water to come out either. i am getting to the stage where i think i will just get a new machine, then there is the problem of getting it plumbed in!!!!!
Argos took my old machine away and plumbed new one in for me ,for small charge.

chamb
07-Feb-10, 19:20
alacam repaired ours was very good and kwik service def recommend them

poppett
07-Feb-10, 21:05
Alacam will install a new machine for you and his prices are similar to Argos, but ask him to come and tell you if your old one is worth repairing first, Fran.

Fran
09-Feb-10, 12:54
I tried Alacam and he cant come here till 17th February. Getting desperate now as its not really the eather to put soaking wet clothes outside on the line. think i will just have to get a new one. I just cant beleive that I cant get anyone in Caithness to look at it, let alone fix it, or be told by mr sutherland to deliver it to his workshop!!

BINBOB
09-Feb-10, 14:09
So sorry u are stil having this problem ,Fran.Surely someone can help u....I know Argos do express delivery with some items,might be worth a try.

U are very welcome to bring ur washing here and I will do it for u.Just let me know.

EDDIE
09-Feb-10, 18:26
Why dont you ask someone you no for a shot of there washing machine if u dont ask u dont get?
How old is the washing machine anyway

LMS
09-Feb-10, 18:48
Colin Chessor 01847 891963 has an excellent range of washing machines at very reasonable prices and delivers quickly. He provides an installation service as well.

Fran
09-Feb-10, 22:24
Colin Chessor 01847 891963 has an excellent range of washing machines at very reasonable prices and delivers quickly. He provides an installation service as well.

Maybe, but he is too busy to come, i phoned. so is robert Begg.

BRIE
12-Feb-10, 11:10
anybody got any idea what sort of prices they charge for repairs? my machine has a bearing gone by the sound of it, worth fixing or buy a new one?:confused

Fran
13-Feb-10, 00:35
So sorry u are stil having this problem ,Fran.Surely someone can help u....I know Argos do express delivery with some items,might be worth a try.

U are very welcome to bring ur washing here and I will do it for u.Just let me know.
.................................................. ...............................
That is very kind of you...but i have a bag of washing in the car and am off to the launderette tomorrow.

majic
13-Feb-10, 21:49
Hi Fran if you give Mark a call he maybe able to help :) 07901871905

Fran
13-Feb-10, 23:14
thankyou everyone, got my old machine removed and a renovated one installed today.