PDA

View Full Version : It does pay to complain!

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-10, 16:28
Last week when we got our tesco delivery, as normal i unpacked all the stuff and the guy left.

As i was putting my shopping away i noticed something with the 5 pack of snickers....there was only 4! The pack had not been opened at all.

Being me i would usually just ignore it but my OH was determined to get back that snickers. So i phoned the Mars company and told them i had one mising.

The lady took all my details and said they would send me a letter.

Today i recieved a massive appology letter along with a £5 voucher to be spend on mars products!

RESULT! i can buy 3 packs of snickers with that!

So for the first time complaining.....it paid off! :Razz

And we got to keep the pack with 4 in it, thought i would have to send it off. So thats an extra gain!

Flashman
04-Feb-10, 17:06
Might try that trick myself in the future

The Angel Of Death
04-Feb-10, 17:21
Sure you didn't accidentally loose one in your stomach ?

I mean its easy enough to do if your quicke enough ;)

Invisible
04-Feb-10, 17:28

I thought exactly the same

Phoebus_Apollo
04-Feb-10, 17:40
The Mega-Corps have departments dedicated to Customer Complaints and giving £5 vouchers when complaints are recieved is a sure fire way of (A) Keeping you happy and (B) Making sure you continue to buy their medicore products for the rest of your life - thus making back the £5 about 20,000 times....:roll:

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-10, 17:51

I thought exactly the same

What do you 2 take me for? lol. I aint that silly! If i had eaten it then im sure i would remember it.

And are you both saying i seem to enjoy food quite a bit?! :lol:

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-10, 17:52
The Mega-Corps have departments dedicated to Customer Complaints and giving £5 vouchers when complaints are recieved is a sure fire way of (A) Keeping you happy and (B) Making sure you continue to buy their medicore products for the rest of your life - thus making back the £5 about 20,000 times....:roll:

What did a snickers do to you? was there a peanut too short for your liking? :eek: ;)

EDDIE
04-Feb-10, 18:29
The other thing as well u have to watch for when getting your food delivered never pick the last time on the schedule for getting delivered becuase if there running late during the day it has a knock on effect and can result in u not getting your shopping

Vistravi
04-Feb-10, 18:41
What do you 2 take me for? lol. I aint that silly! If i had eaten it then im sure i would remember it.

Now would you have remembered? ;)

Mind you though saying that you did know exactly how many bags of crisps you ate one night :eek:

The Angel Of Death
04-Feb-10, 18:49

See this is like cludo

My Pick is shelley scoffing the "spare" snickers in the kitchen without the other half noticing ;)

Then "claiming" free snickers

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-10, 20:26
Eating something as awsome as a snickers is not something you forget easily! If it were something boring like a.....em.....well im not sure what food i eat is boring but ya get what i mean...surely?

Vistravi that amount of crisps is confidential between us! :eek: haha

aww i want a snickers now...i may go to the shop and spend my £5 voucher on some snickers!:Razz

bekisman
04-Feb-10, 20:39
Similar thing with Tunnocks Caramel wafer's. As a young lad of 15 I used to have one each day for my lunch - plus a pasty and a bowl of soup.

Well some 40 odd years later I suddenly thought that the wafer my grandson was eating was a lot smaller that what I had eaten all those years before. So pen to paper and wrote to them asking if they were now smaller... expected nothing, but then a parcel arrived; a box of (I think) 50 wafers with a note signed by a member of the Tunnock family to say they were pleased I eat them as a child, but they were still the same size!

On retrospect suppose my hand was smaller in those days - so the wafer seemed bigger?

Now that's customer service, I eat em regularly now

The Angel Of Death
04-Feb-10, 20:40
Similar thing with Tunnocks Caramel wafer's. As a young lad of 15 I used to have one each day for my lunch - plus a pasty and a bowl of soup.

Well some 40 odd years later I suddenly thought that the wafer my grandson was eating was a lot smaller that what I had eaten all those years before. So pen to paper and wrote to them asking if they were now smaller... expected nothing, but then a parcel arrived; a box of (I think) 50 wafers with a note signed by a member of the Tunnock family to say they were pleased I eat them as a child, but they were still the same size!

On retrospect suppose my hand was smaller in those days - so the wafer seemed bigger?

Now that's customer service, I eat em regularly now

The question is how long did the box of 50 last

An hour ?
A day ?
Dare I say it even a week ?

Invisible
04-Feb-10, 22:31
So basically you can get £5 from Mars if you complain, did they ask for any proof that you were one short?

kitty kat
04-Feb-10, 22:42
the other week my oh bought a fresh bakery cake from the from the local shop. so he gets home and starts munching his cake only to find two long hairs in the cream. not one for complaining he let me phone they came and picked up the cake, examined it at the store and the following day the delivery driver bought us a refund and a box loads of cakes biscuits and tarts

must say i do enjoy complaining hubby didnt want the cakes after he saw the hair so i got a box of treats :)

if anything falls below your standards complain u are ment to get what you pay for.

Bookworm
04-Feb-10, 23:12
Please remember that getting feedback on products is important to the company. I also got £5 in vouchers for McVitties when I called about a flapjack not tasting right. They were very polite and encouraged me to call with any future suggestions/comments in future.

mumof2
04-Feb-10, 23:23
my son went through a phase of eating the marvel heroes candy sticks that came with a tattoo transfer. He bought a box and it didn't have a transfer in it so i wrote to the company and he got an apology letter and the entire collection of transfers, he was over the moon. that was the only time i've written to a company about anything and i was pleasantly surprised with the response.

Vistravi
04-Feb-10, 23:40
Eating something as awsome as a snickers is not something you forget easily! If it were something boring like a.....em.....well im not sure what food i eat is boring but ya get what i mean...surely?

Vistravi that amount of crisps is confidential between us! :eek: haha

aww i want a snickers now...i may go to the shop and spend my £5 voucher on some snickers!:Razz

Aye it is, It was a scary number lol. Well anything over three bags is to me :lol:

Caithness Lass
04-Feb-10, 23:44
My friend did someting similar with Malteasers. She bought one of the muli packs and one of the packets had nothing in it. she sent it away with a letter and they gave her a money off voucher too :)

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-10, 00:11
So basically you can get £5 from Mars if you complain, did they ask for any proof that you were one short?

The only thing they needed from me was the barcode and some other details from the packet. So they could check if any other packs made from that factory at that time had problems...which they did.

Wonder who was the lucky one who got 6 in their pack? Lol!

i dont usually complain, i have written to a few companies before. I wrote to the M&M's company stating there was a rarity with brown peanut M&M's. I did get an email back and they advised me that they did not choose how many of each colour goes in each bag and to ask my friends to slip their brown M&M's in my bag whilst i wasnt looking so in future this wouldnt occur to me....i couldnt help but laugh!

Also wrote to Kellogs a few months ago asking why they never put toys in their boxes of cereal....i told them it was all i bought their cereal for. Their reply "Our cereal is bought for its taste and quality, if you want to buy the cheaper products then do so but you will come back to Kellogs"

Then they said they may consider putting fun things back in the cereal boxes for the "big kids" out there [lol]

Oh i love it! Who can i write to now?

kitty kat
05-Feb-10, 00:58
The only thing they needed from me was the barcode and some other details from the packet. So they could check if any other packs made from that factory at that time had problems...which they did.

Wonder who was the lucky one who got 6 in their pack? Lol!

i dont usually complain, i have written to a few companies before. I wrote to the M&M's company stating there was a rarity with brown peanut M&M's. I did get an email back and they advised me that they did not choose how many of each colour goes in each bag and to ask my friends to slip their brown M&M's in my bag whilst i wasnt looking so in future this wouldnt occur to me....i couldnt help but laugh!

Also wrote to Kellogs a few months ago asking why they never put toys in their boxes of cereal....i told them it was all i bought their cereal for. Their reply "Our cereal is bought for its taste and quality, if you want to buy the cheaper products then do so but you will come back to Kellogs"

Then they said they may consider putting fun things back in the cereal boxes for the "big kids" out there [lol]

Oh i love it! Who can i write to now?

i was just wondering about this the other day i used to love the toys :lol: the big kid i am hehe

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-10, 17:31
i was just wondering about this the other day i used to love the toys :lol: the big kid i am hehe

I really miss the toys!! It helped me decide what cereal to buy! [lol]

Now you get nothing....what i really miss was the colour changing spoons and funky straws!! They were awsome! See nothing like that now...:~(