PDA

View Full Version : Other Wildlife Seen whilst out Birdwatching

catherine nicol
06-May-06, 22:20
Let us all know what other wildlife you see whilst out bird watching.

I know that the county has some avid butterfly fans out there.

I know that there are a lot of wild flower experts amongst you.

I also have it on good authority that there are keen photographers in the birdwatching/wildlife circle so feel free to let us know if you post photographs to the photography forum that you think we should take a look at, especially if you have photographed some birds or wildlife in Caithness recently.

Feel free to open up any other threads that may interest you, because if it interests you then it will be of interest to many others too I'm sure.

It is your forum so feel free.............enjoy.

Rin

Kenn
09-May-06, 18:35
Not recent but we had the most amazing evening driving south through Strathalladale September 2002.
We watched a buzzard come down and pounce on a rabbit which it then struggled to get airbourne with but did eventually make it.
About 1/2 mile down the road we saw a few hinds on the west side of the road so we stopped to take a closer look.Our attention being fully riveted we were not prepared for the bellows that shook the car a couple of minutes later.
There up the hill resplendent in the setting sun was a stag.
That was a magical journey and will stay with us for many years.

Bill Fernie
10-May-06, 09:01
Regarding the suggestions to put in other wildlife spotted. This is bird watching forum. If you would like other wildlife included I suggest you begin another topic as "Other Wildlife" is off the topic of this thread.

If as looks likely this thread is going to get quite large it might be helpful to have wildlife dealt with in another thread as potentially that is another large topic.