PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Broadband

Dr Evil
03-Feb-10, 23:00
Does anyone have a vodafone dongle, i am looking into getting one not really sure what i need pay as you go or contract, all i want it for is facebook and MSN at nights for a few hours maybe 4 or 5 days a week.

Boozeburglar
04-Feb-10, 00:12
Once you work out your exact requirement, then look at the prices.

Some of the laptop deals around actually make sense when you figure out the monthly rates.

:)

candy
04-Feb-10, 15:18
I have a vodafone dongle and am quite pleased with it, it cost me £30 initially but that had £15 included in it, that lasted me for months, you top up with a £15 voucher (just as you would do a mobile phone) no contract, just top up as you want. I have had mine since march last year, I use mine for uni and have only topped up £30, hope this helps.
ps, not the fastest of speeds.

Dr Evil
04-Feb-10, 16:52
yeah that helps loads thanks, think that's what i'll get!!! cheers for that!

EDDIE
04-Feb-10, 18:32
dongles are ok but if your doing a lot of downloading or streaming videos then its no use for u dongles are great if your surfing and thats it

Boozeburglar
04-Feb-10, 20:11
Things have moved on a bit, with the latest HSDPA speeds comparable to a lot of the real world speeds available otherwise. Getting these speeds is dependent on the local reception for your dongle, and that is the variable that is most important to check before getting one.

Price is usually the issue otherwise.

Take a laptop deal, if you figure in the value of the laptop you can reduced the MB cost to as little as 0.1 pence.

(My conventional broadband works out as around 0.05 pence based on my average monthly use, though if I used all the 'fair use' allowance it would be 0.025.)

The Vodaphone PAYG works out about 0.5 pence per MB worked out on the assumption you use the whole 3GB.

That is the same as o2, but with o2 you also get access to all the wireless hotspots, with an allowance for use with them too, could be a clincher!