PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Dancing and other old faves!

_Ju_
03-Feb-10, 22:19
I just finished watching it on fiver for the upteenth time.
I never did get to see this film in the cinema. On the day my friends and I were going, some summer a very very long time ago, I was uncerimoniously run over by two fighting dogs at the bus stop and hurt my knee so badly the walk home, that usually took me 2 minutes took close to half an hour (The truth....I promise you!!!!!). So by the time I saw dirty dancing it was already a few years old. No matter how many times I have seen it, it does not get old or boring. And I would add just two self explanatory words about this film: Patrick Swazye. I suppose it would be one of those "marking-films-of-our-lives" for me.

On the other hand I don't know why, as it's so different from my other golden oldie favorites, such as Dead Poets Society, Roots, Quo Vadis, Thorn Birds, Born Free, Gorillas in the mist and (again strangely), Aliens (the first, of course!)

What eclectic "films-that-marked-me" lists are out there?

Flashman
04-Feb-10, 13:26
The Goonies!!!!

unicorn
04-Feb-10, 13:29
Dirty dancing, footloose, grease, lost boys I can never miss any of those.

Flashman
04-Feb-10, 13:37
Predator :D

wicker8
04-Feb-10, 17:12
hi it has to be an officer and a gentleman for me on the funny side its carry on screamin

Kenn
04-Feb-10, 17:19
"Dirty dancing," "Lawrence of Arabia," Night of The Iguana," The Hunt for Red October," "The longest day, "Educating Rita," "Shirley Valentine," "Ladies in Lavender," "Billy Elliot"and for those less serious moments, "The Plank," "A home of your own" and "The Steamie."

ClachanHope
04-Feb-10, 18:00
Winchester 73, Two Ride Together, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, How The West Was Won, The Flight of The Phoenix, The Shootist, Fools Parade, Harvey.

south view 7
04-Feb-10, 21:49
Winchester 73, Two Ride Together, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, How The West Was Won, The Flight of The Phoenix, The Shootist, Fools Parade, Harvey.
You"r not a jimmy stooart fan by any chance?

mumof2
04-Feb-10, 23:28
I really loved girly films like dirty dancing, The bodyguard and my best friends wedding those were my favs, oh and ghost.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
05-Feb-10, 20:22
Always heard about a film called,"Good Morning Miss Dove".Watched it on Tuesday,I was greeting like a big girls blouse.Man,I had to buy a new pack of Kleenex tonight.I havnae had a greet at a film so much since Bambi's mither got shot.:lol: