PDA

View Full Version : Tesco deliveries

BINBOB
03-Feb-10, 21:44
Did anyone else have their Tesco delivery cancelled today????

kitty kat
03-Feb-10, 21:48
Did anyone else have their Tesco delivery cancelled today????

i did see a van pass me near the thurso high school today so they were running this was about 10:30 but the side shutter was lying open so i hope that was not your shopping :eek:

BINBOB
03-Feb-10, 22:25
It may have been as I had a 9 till 11 am slot.........cancelled.......said no vans were leaving Wick?????They gave me a slot for tomorrow........5...7 pm........then that was cancelled.Now have a slot for Friday....10.......12 ,not good enough,especially as the tesco van was spotted twice in the village today.Very strange goings on indeed.Not a happy bunny.[disgust]

wickscorrie
04-Feb-10, 00:29
hi binbob i got mine tonight at 9ish, the lad siad that some of their runs had been cancelled due the weather, sorry to hear yours was one of them

charlie
04-Feb-10, 00:33
Our delivery scheduled for Wednesday 3rd February between 8pm and 10pm arrived as scheduled around 9pm.

Well done to the driver for his efforts.

BINBOB
04-Feb-10, 01:53
Glad some of u were lucky...so looking forward to Friday.Still does not explain why they were in the village but I got no delivery.:roll:

Bookworm
04-Feb-10, 23:18
They were probably prior bookings on the daily delivery sheet and you are being fitted into a gap in the schedule. Not very nice for you but probably just the way in which they are trying to get on track with causing the fewest people the inconvenience of having their delivery cancelled/rearranged.

Geoff
05-Feb-10, 02:04
We are busting our guts to get to you.
Planes cancelled, trains cancelled, people sent home early from work.Schools closed. People not getting to work because of the weather.
Still we are getting through.
We carry a shovel to dig ourselves out and believe me we use it everyday. My record is 3 times in one day.
We are regulated, as all drivers are, to a set number of driving hours per day. We are timed for our deliveries assuming a clear road.
Even if the main roads are clear the side ones aren't and not everyone in Caithness lives on a main road.
Driving a van is not the same as driving a car.
We are using an extra vehicle and extra staff to cover longer shifts due to the weather.
One driver fell and broke his shoulder trying to dig his van out on a close to impassable, road in an attempt to get deliveries through to a remote area.
Wick store covers from Borgie in the west to Dunbeath in the south, we treasure our customers because without them we have no job.
I am very disappointed with the negative comments and if I am your driver next delivery I would be delighted to discuss further.

Kenn
05-Feb-10, 02:13
Awards Geoff and the others a medal for services.

Geoff
05-Feb-10, 02:14
All deliveries are calculated by computer.
The computer cannot see out of the window and therefore cannot see the snow!

butterfly
05-Feb-10, 02:40
Very strange goings on indeed.Not a happy bunny.[disgust]

Nowt strange about it Binbob,considering the way the weather's been lately.Give them a break and have some patience.:roll:

Planes cancelled, trains cancelled, people sent home early from work.Schools closed. People not getting to work because of the weather.
We carry a shovel to dig ourselves out and believe me we use it everyday. My record is 3 times in one day.
We are regulated, as all drivers are, to a set number of driving hours per day. We are timed for our deliveries assuming a clear road.
Even if the main roads are clear the side ones aren't and not everyone in Caithness lives on a main road.
We are using an extra vehicle and extra staff to cover longer shifts due to the weather.
One driver fell and broke his shoulder trying to dig his van out on a close to impassable, road in an attempt to get deliveries through to a remote area.
Wick store covers from Borgie in the west to Dunbeath in the south, we treasure our customers because without them we have no job.
I am very disappointed with the negative comments and if I am your driver next delivery I would be delighted to discuss further.

All deliveries are calculated by computer.
The computer cannot see out of the window and therefore cannot see the snow!

BINBOB
05-Feb-10, 10:59

I will discuss with u ....and with your customer services also.All I WAS ASKING WAS WHY WERE U IN MY LOCATION ,BUT MY DELIVERY WAS CANCELLED......30 minutes before my slot time ended.Was told no vans could leave the store.

your customer services were in the dark as to exactly what was going on up here......perhaps U should enlighten them???:roll:I do NOT live in a remote area,by the way.

BINBOB
05-Feb-10, 11:02
Would u say that if it had been UR order..............:roll:and having to wait 48 hours for same??? beyond ur original order slot???

I am well aware of the weather problems which have made me housebound for several weeks now,hence reason why I use the delivery service.The chaps have alweys been superb andhelpful,but u were not the one getting mucked around the other day,phone call after the other,changing everything .If they had said all deliveries are cancelled due to weather...........absolutely no issues with that.But to see tesco van feet away from my home later......well.

BINBOB
05-Feb-10, 11:12

this is being reported to ur customer services.........now.

ss.sv650
05-Feb-10, 11:22
i second that liz i can only assume that certain members of the org have either no patcience or understanding or their job never suffers from anything unpredictable.

give the drivers there due they do there best and are not picking on you binbob it was just bad luck and bad weather

stixie
05-Feb-10, 11:24
If i couldn't get to tesco to do a shop due to weather i wouldn't expect them to be able to get to me either!

Highland lad
05-Feb-10, 11:27
We had to wait during the bad weather and all I can say are the delivery drivers are brilliant. When they did get to us they had to park at the top of the road and bring the boxes down to the door all while walking on ice.